A Cross the Scriptures - Acts 3:18 KJB - speaks that “all of his [God's] prophets” foretold that “Christ should suffer”

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Let us notice that Acts 3:18, speaks that “all of his [God's] prophets” foretold that “Christ should suffer”. This means we ought to be able to go to the Old Testament to see if it speaks of this suffering, and manner by which Jesus would die. We shall then also consider the New Testament texts, which are built upon the foundation of the Old Testament texts.

A Cross the Scriptures, the Instrument of Suffering:

Jesus and the instrument of suffering.

Jesus, the “lamb of God” [Genesis 22:8; John 1:29,36; Revelation 5:6, etc KJB] or “Passover” [1 Corinthians 5:7 KJB] died, even as the one True Sacrifice [Hebrews, etc], of which all of the shadow/typical/ensamples pointed to [Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 8:5, 10:1, etc KJB].

While that is the most important thing to consider above all, it is not the only thing to consider, since the Holy Spirit, even the “another Comforter” [John 14:16 KJB], yes, “the Spirit of Truth” [James 4:17 KJB], would lead us into all truth [John 15:26, 16:13 KJB].

A question has been asked,

What was the shape of the instrument by which Jesus was Crucified by the Romans?, in other words, was it in the shape of the T[au], t[ee], the 'x', 'y', or was it merely an single upright stake/pole/pallisade, or something else?

While this question is truly secondary to the original and greater reality of Jesus death, and the plan of redemption itself and what it means to God, the Heavenlies and us, there is no reason to consider this question to be invalid, or unworthy of consideration, nor ultimately unimportant, and if to be considered truly and most prayerfully, then what implications or even direct lessons can we learn from the answer to the question, out of/from the Word of God, for everything written is there for a purpose, even for our learning and instruction:

2 Timothy 3:16 KJB - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:​

Look at this pattern of the Sanctuary (Psalms 77:13), the very places of the Sanctuary itself, demonstrate the pattern of Jesus suffering and sacrifice.

Beginning at the outer court, we have the Altar of Burnt Offering. Moving from there, we come to the Laver of Blood/Water. From thence in the outer court, we move through the veil into the Holy Place of the Sanctuary, and immediately to our right hand is the Table of Shew Bread, and to our left is then the 7 Branch Golden Candlestick, and ahead of us is the Altar of Incense. Moving past these, through the second veil, into the Most Holy Place, we come to the Ark of the Covenant and the Law of God therein. These are in the Pattern of the Cross itself. In each place, Christ Jesus received a wound.

[1] Altar of Burnt Offering – Jesus was pierced in the Feet, by a nail.​
[2] Laver of Blood Water – Jesus was pierced in His Side, by a spear, out then came blood and water.​
[3] Table of Shew Bread – Jesus was pierced in the Right Hand, by a nail.​
[4] 7 Branch Golden Candlestick – Jesus was pierced in the Left Hand, by a nail.​
[5] Altar of Incense – Jesus died of a Broken Heart, wounded by the sin/s of mankind.​
[6] Ark of the Covenant – Jesus was pierced in the Head, by the Crown of Thorns He wore.​

AWHN - Cross - Sanctuary 02.jpgAWHN - Cross - Sanctuary 04.JPGAWHN - Cross - Sanctuary 01.jpgAWHN - Cross - Sanctuary 03.jpgBible - Jesus - Sanctuary in the Cross.jpgAWHN - Cross - Sanctuary 05.jpg

Let us now turn quickly to Prophecy, and see the Pattern again:

[1] Isaiah 28:16,17 KJB.

Isaiah 28:16 KJB - Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner [stone], a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Isaiah 28:17 KJB - Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.​

Can any not see Christ Jesus in vs 16 [compare to Romans 9:33; 1 Corinthians 3:11; Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:8, etc KJB], but what more in vs 17!

Judgment also will I lay to the line... What is a line?, it is a measuring tool upon the horizontal... as far as the east is from the west; eternal in either direction, relationship of man to man, straight

and righteousness to the plummet... What is a plummet?, it is a measuring tool upon the vertical, binding Heaven and earth together [Genesis 1:1, vav, aleph, tav]; from highest to lowest, relationship of man to God, straight

And both together...

The Justice and Righteousness of God, the very Love of God, meet there, forever demonstrated before all the universe... the truest standard of measurement, the perfect 'meter' - God' love, God is love....

In fact, the Cross, is a Throne. Jesus is Crowned King of the Jews. He has them which are on his right and left. There is also a seat placed upon it also.

There is more, much more, let us look and see, even in the very lives of the Patriarchs themselves...

[1] Moses and Joshua, Aaron and Hur; Exodus 17.

Exodus 17:9 KJB - And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.

Exodus 17:10 KJB - So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.

Exodus 17:11 KJB - And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

Exodus 17:12 KJB - But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

Exodus 17:13 KJB - And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.​

[A.] Moses, representing Jesus as deliverer, goes atop a hill, where all may see him [Exodus 17:9 KJB].

Jesus was taken to the hill of the Skull [Calvary; Luke 23:33 KJB], Golgotha [Mark 15:22; John 19:17 KJB], where all may see him [Isaiah 45:22; John 12:32 KJB].​

[B.] Moses, representing Jesus as deliverer, has two persons beside him, one on the Right, the other on the Left [Exodus 17:12 KJB].

Jesus, was crucified between two persons, one of the Right hand, the other on the left [Matthew 27:38; Mark 15:27; Luke 23:33; John 19:18 KJB].​

[C.] Moses, representing Jesus as deliverer, was victorious for his people, so long as his hands remained outstretched and steady, until the going down of the sun [Exodus 17:12 KJB].

Jesus, whose arms and hands were each outstretched, with a “nail” [“as a nail in a sure place”; Isaiah 22:23,25 KJB] in each hand, thus plural "nails", whose “bones were out of joint”, even “as far as the east is from the west”, that they could not move, were steady, yes even till the going down of the sun [the “ninth hour”; approx 3 PM] on the preparation day, just before the 7th Day Sabbath of the Lord God and feast sabbath began together, his victory assured, memorialized forever. Just as Joshua was victorious, this Joshua was too, over the real enemies of God, delivering the people with “mighty hand” and “outstretched arm”.

Such a great sacrifice that God has made, for us, to deliver us from the power of sin, satan and self.​

[2] Samson; Judges 16. - https://www.blueletterbible.org/Bibl...Jdg&c=16&t=KJB

[A.] Just as Samson, representing Jesus as deliverer, was born specially, by promise from God, to a woman which could not bare, and he was to be filled with the Holy Ghost, and to be dedicated to the Lord from birth to death, and to be deliverer of the people [Judges 13 KJB].

Jesus, a holy child, was born of the virgin Mary, by Holy Ghost, to be dedicated to the Lord forever [Luke 1:35; Acts 4:27,30 KJB], and to be the Saviour and deliverer of all people, who would accept the sacrifice [Matthew 1:21; Acts 13:23; Romans 11:26, etc KJB].​

[B.] Just as Samson, representing Jesus as deliverer, was attempted to be taken many times by his enemies, but could not be until betrayed by a woman [harlot] he loved, for silver [Judges 16:5,18; KJB even as the type of Christ, Joseph was sold/betrayed by Juda for silver [Genesis 37:27,28 KJB]], into the hands of his enemies as a slave, even though he had “shewed [her] all his heart” [Judges 16:18 KJB].

Jesus, also could not be taken, until his appropriate time [Daniel 9:24-27 KJB, in the Year AD 31, in the First Month, Aviv/Nisan, on the 14th Day of the Month, being the 6th Day of the week [aka Friday, preparation day], dying at the 9th hour [roughly 3 PM, the time of the evening Sacrifice], to enter into the 7th Day the Sabbath rest of Creation/Redemption] betrayed by a woman [the harlot Church, physical Israel, even at the hands of Judas], for silver [Zechariah 11:12,13; Matthew 26:15, 27:3 KJB], into the hands of the enemy, for the price of a slave [Matthew 27:9 KJB], even though God had revealed all His heart in Christ Jesus to the world.​

[C.] Just as Samson, representing Jesus as deliverer, carried “the bar” of the “gate” [the place of judgment], even the great weight, across his “shoulders”, up to the top of a “hill” [Judges 16:3 KJB].
Jesus, also carried the cross [John 19:17 KJB], after a manner [Simon of Cyrene, being an example for us, to take up that Cross and bear it for Jesus; Matthew 16:24; Mark 8:34; Luke 9:23 KJB], up to the hill of Golgotha [Matthew 27:33; Mark 15:22; John 19:17 KJB], the place of the Skull [the very place of the mind/heart of man; even Calvary; Luke 23:33 KJB], bearing the weight of the not merely the cross, but the sins of the whole world [Isaiah 63:9 KJB], the government and judgment should be upon his shoulders [Isaiah 9:6, 22:22 KJB].​

[D.] Just as Samson, representing Jesus as deliverer, was blinded [Judges 16:21 KJB], that he could not see, and was ill-treated and mocked of his enemies [Judges 16:25 KJB], the LORD being departing from him [Judges 16:20 KJB].

Jesus, also was blind-folded [Luke 22:64 KJB], that he could not see, and was ill-treated and mocked of his enemies [Job 12:4; Matthew 27:29,31; Mark 15:20; Luke 23:11,36 KJB], apparently forsaken of God [Psalms 22:1; Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34 KJB].​

[E.] Just as Samson, representing Jesus as deliverer, then in the last moments of his life, was taken out, placed between two pillars [Judges 16:25 KJB] and leaned upon them with his hands outstretched, to the right and to the left [Judges 16:29 KJB], east and west, praying [Judges 16:28 KJB], and dying with the enemies [Judges 16:30 KJB], destroyed the Temple [Judges 16:30 KJB], slaying his enemies more in his death, than in his life.
Jesus, also then was placed between two persons, one of the Right hand, the other on the left [Matthew 27:38; Mark 15:27; Luke 23:33; John 19:18 KJB]. Jesus said that He would destroy the Temple [John 2:19 KJB], by which he slays in/by his death the enmity between God and mankind [Genesis 3:15; Ephesians 2;16, etc KJB], forever magnifying the Law of God, making it honourable [Isaiah 42:21 KJB], demonstrating its eternality. His hands and arms outstretched, with a “nail” [“as a nail in a sure place”; Isaiah 22:23,25 KJB; thus plural "nails"] in each hand, whose “bones were out of joint”, even “as far as the east is from the west” to save and deliver, even unto a gainsaying people.​

That Tree of Life:

Deuteronomy 21:23 KJB - His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged [is] accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee [for] an inheritance.​
Acts 5:30 KJB - The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.​
Acts 10:39 KJB - And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:​
1 Corinthians 2:2 KJB - For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.​
Galatians 2:20 KJB - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​
Galatians 6:14 KJB - But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.​

While the central root "stock" would be a pole-beam, there would also be the cross-beam, the 'Patiblum', which would be the "branches" coming off the root stock, and thus be a "tree" as Paul and others called it.

Even in the Footnotes of the NWT, they allow for the word "tree":

"... [Acts 5:20 NWT] The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake.*n ..."; "... *Or “tree.” ..." [1]​
"... [Acts 10:39 NWT] And we are witnesses of all the things he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem; but they did away with him by hanging him on a stake.* ..."; "... *Or “tree.” ..." [1]​
"... [Acts 13:29 NWT] And when they had accomplished all the things written about him, they took him down from the stake* and laid him in a tomb.*z ..."; "... *Or “tree.” ..." [1]​
"... [1 Peter 2:24 NWT] He himself bore our sinsu in his own body on the stake,*v so that we might die to* sins and live to righteousness. And “by his wounds you were healed.”w ..."; "... *Or “tree.” ..." [1]​

Other mentions:

"... [Joshua 8:29 NWT] He hung the king of Aʹi on a stake* until the evening, and as the sun was about to set, Joshua gave the order to take his dead body down from the stake.v Then they pitched it at the entrance of the city gate and raised up a great pile of stones over him, which is there to this day. ..."; "... *Or “tree.” ..." [1]​
"... [2 Samuel 18:9,10,14 NWT] 9 Abʹsa·lom eventually found himself facing the servants of David. Abʹsa·lom was riding on a mule, and the mule went under the thick branches of a large tree, and his head got entangled in the big tree, so that he was suspended in midair* while the mule he had been riding kept going.​
10 Then someone saw it and told Joʹab:l “Look! I have seen Abʹsa·lom hanging in a big tree.”​
14 To this Joʹab said: “I am not going to waste any more time with you!” So he took three spikes* in his hand and drove them through the heart of Abʹsa·lom while he was still alive in the midst of the big tree. ..." [1]​

In the Typology of 2 Samuel 18:9,10,14 KJB, we read of Absalom [the son of David; whose name means the "Father's peace"] was, because of sin, rebellion against the King, hung upon a tree [by his hair, his glory], and was suspended between Heaven and Earth, and struck with three piercings, or as the NWT says, "three spikes", as large nails, and then in his death buried as wicked.

2 Samuel 18:9 KJB - And Absalom met the servants of David. And Absalom rode upon a mule, and the mule went under the thick boughs of a great oak, and his head caught hold of the oak, and he was taken up between the heaven and the earth; and the mule that was under him went away.​
2 Samuel 18:10 KJB - And a certain man saw it, and told Joab, and said, Behold, I saw Absalom hanged in an oak.​
2 Samuel 18:14 KJB - Then said Joab, I may not tarry thus with thee. And he took three darts in his hand, and thrust them through the heart of Absalom, while he was yet alive in the midst of the oak.​

Just as Jesus, who took our sins upon himself, was hung upon a Tree, the son of David, the Father's peace towards man, suspended between Heaven and Earth, pierced by three nails upon the Cross, then in His death, taken down and buried as with the wicked [Isaiah 53:9 KJB].

Bible - Tree Cross.jpg

AWHN - Cross - The Tree Of Life.jpgBible - Absalom Hanging In The Tree Pierced With Spear.jpgBible - Absalom With Arms Raised.jpg

Bible - Absalom And Jesus Christ.png

Jesus also himself said, speaking in another manner:

John 15:1 KJB - I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.​
John 15:5 KJB - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.​

And since Jesus is “the vine”, it climbs up and supported by wood, and stretches out its tendrils along the trellises.

AWHN - Cross - Grape Vine 01.jpg

AWHN - Cross - Grape Vine 03.jpg

AWHN - Cross - Grape Vine 02.jpg

What of the Serpent upon a Pole? Did it have any cross piece or branching? Yes ...

AWHN - Cross - Moses - Serpent 02.jpg

The Hebrew H5251, "נס", "nês", is also used for a "sail" on a Mast of a ship, which is not merely a pole, but a pole with small crossbeams to hold the sails, and top sail, crows nests, etc.:

detail-ship-s-mast-greek-flag-32846403.jpg

Isa 33:23 KJB - Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey.​
Eze 27:7 KJB - Fine linen with broidered work from Egypt was that which thou spreadest forth to be thy sail; blue and purple from the isles of Elishah was that which covered thee.​
A 'pole':
Numbers 21:8 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.​

Numbers 21:9 KJB - And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.​

The Serpent also represents Christ Jesus, as He bare our sins upon the "tree".
2 Corinthians 5:21 KJB - For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.​
1 Peter 2:24 KJB - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.​

Later on the bronze serpent was destroyed:
2 Kings 18:4 KJB - He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.​
It is also used in a "banner", which was an upright pole, with a crosspiece for the ensign:

standard, 7​
Isaiah 49:22, 62:10; Jeremiah 4:6,21; Jeremiah 50:2, 51:12,27​
ensign, 6​
Isaiah 5:26, 11:10,12, 18:3, 30:17, 31:9​
banner, 2​
Psalms 60:4; Isaiah 13:2​
AWHN - Cross - Israel Banner 02.png
AWHN - Cross - Israel Banner 01.jpg
Thus Jesus becomes the Banner, which was usually made of skin/hide, and was strung up on two pieces of wood:​
AWHN - Cross - Aleph Tau.png
Son_2:4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.​

Name of JEHOVAH [YHVH]:

AWHN - Cross - YHVH Picto-Hebrew.jpg

AWHN - Picto-Hebrew.png

Thus the name itself, in Pictograph form shows the upraised hands, outstretched, as in Oath (Promise), as seen in Daniel 12 and elsewhere (swearing by His Father):

Dan 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.​

There are many historical evidences which reveal that Jesus died not merely upon a 'stake', but truly a stake with a cross beam, for even the sources which the Watch Tower and Tract society uses, demonstrates this.

For example, the Watch Tower and Tract Society, cites Justus Lipsius' work “De Cruce Liber Primus” [1] and cite* merely one small section of the work, pointing to a possible type of crucifixion that was historically known, this being the Crux Simplex, Page 19,, which is also seen in a more modern rendition, in the WTS material “What does the Bible really Teach?”, Page 52 [to which I had been given a copy of from a Jehovah's Witness, whom I knew briefly,and fully read], and also may be seen here - https://archive.org/details/WhatDoesTheBibleReallyTeach/page/n53/mode/1up

Yet Justus Lipsius work cites many types of crucifixions, that were historically known and used, not simply the one pointed out by the WTS, and he also does not point to the Crux Simplex as the one Jesus was crucified upon, but rather to another, being one with a cross beam, as may be seen here [Begin on Scanned Pages 1157-1234] - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Specifically see Pages:

Page 1174 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1176 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1177 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1179 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1182 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1203 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1216 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1218 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1220 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1222 - Opera omnia, postremum ab ipso aucta et recensita, nunc primum ..., Volume 3

Page 1223 - https://archive.org/stream/operaomniapostr00lipsgoog#page/n1222/mode/1up

* “... the Watchtower's 1985 Kingdom Interlinear Translation, of which the above woodcut is shown as an illustration:

"`Cross'" is only a later meaning of crux. A single stake for impalement of a criminal was called in Latin crux simplex. One such instrument of torture is illustrated by Justus Lipsius (1547-1606) in his book De cruce libri tres, Antwerp, 1629, p. 19, which we here present. ... Crux simplex illustrated."” - [1]

[and for more on that work, see here] - http://jesusisyhwh.blogspot.com/2008/03/justus-lipsius-de-cruce-liber-tres.html

Looking at the Scriptural evidences again, we can see that the very word “tree” in Deuteronomy 21:22,23 KJB, as cited before, and requoted in the New Testament by Luke, Paul [Acts 5:30, 10:39, 13:29; Galatians 3:13, etc KJB], and Peter [1 Peter 2:24 KJB], does indeed refer to “tree”, as we find the same word used in Genesis 1:11 KJB.

This is the first time that this word is used, and the first use, in Scripture, generally defines the meaning. In the word secondary uses, it also can mean that “wood”, or “sticks”, etc which come from the “tree”, and we can know also, from the very fact that in the beginning, there was no items separate from trees like lumber, for there was no need, in the Garden of Eden.

Therefore, anything which came from the “tree” is simply derivative of it. The last use in the Scripture of the Greek equivalent, also refers to a literal “tree”, even the “tree of life”, again found in the Garden. This is one of the principles of Scripture. First and Last usages, even the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending...

The “tree of life” in the Beginning, the “tree of life” in the ending, and the “tree” of “Life” in the center, the Cross of Jesus and Him Crucified, spreading its saving shadow and cover, from the heat and fiery fury of the wrath of God to come.

The WTS teach that Jesus died on a 'torture stake' [see "What Does the Bible Really Teach?", page 52 , rather than crucified on a "cross".

On what textual, historical, prophetical, typological, medical grounds does the WTS substantiate its claims? [please be specific, cite official sources]

Side Note:

If any Jehovah's Witnesses, choose not to be associated with such T or t symbol as the Cross, then this is their choice, but they should know that by simply assaulting this symbol [the Cross], they have left untouched many others which exist in the Watch Tower and Tract Society materials [Divine Plan of the Ages, New Creation, etc] and buildings, like the Winged Sun-disk of Thebes, Pyramids, the W-Fingered Hand, Keys, etc.

More than this, the very "torture stake" is also seen within paganism, and “phallic”, under the Pole, May-pole, the Stella, Needle, Pyramid, Spike, Yule-Log, Obelisk and so on. Perhaps they have a “beam” in their eye on this, while they are attempting to remove the cross splinter [those who wrongly wear such things] in others.

Yet, none of that would matter so much to us, since even an idol is "nothing" as Paul says, but rather what ought to interest us, is what are the Doctrines that are taught, and are they in harmony with Scripture/Christ Jesus, and that is what is important to us.

Even the [Ten] Commandments of God dealing with the Vertical and Horizontal relationships, God to Man or Man to God, and the other Man to Man. In transgression of His Holy Law, mankind not only became separated from God, they also became disunified from one another. This shows the two directions that Cross in the center with God & Man in rest, Exodus 20:8-11.

In Ezekiel 9:4 we read a mark set upon those who follow God:

Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.​
Eze 9:4 ויאמר יהוה אלו עבר בתוך העיר בתוך ירושׁלם והתוית תו על־מצחות האנשׁים הנאנחים והנאנקים על כל־התועבות הנעשׂות בתוכה׃​
Eze 9:4 waYomer y'hwäh *ëlô [ëläyw] ávor B'tôkh' häiyr B'tôkh' y'rûshäläim w'hit'wiytä Täw al-mitz'chôt häánäshiym haNeénächiym w'haNeénäqiym al Käl-haTôëvôt haNaásôt B'tôkhäH​

The "Tav" ("Tau" or "Täw") in hebrew Pictograph is "t" (a cross):

iu

The Hebrew "Tav" "ת" in the Old Testament, is also seen in the Passover service, when the blood of the Lamb wa painted on two sides of the Doorposts, and across on the lintel:

Exo_12:7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.​

This makes the Hebrew "Tav" or "Mark" set by God. When both pillars are seen as one, and the lintel as the cross piece, it makes the Cross in the Hebrew Pictorgraph which represents the "Tav" in modern Hebrew.