A crosswalk article

dberrie2020

And we are not the ones making "mountains" out of "faith alone"--are we, Theo?

Making mountains out of faith alone would be useless--the scriptures would then grind it right back down into powder:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible
24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

dberrie2020

Except one will find spiritual poison disguised in sweet tasting lies in your church--wont' they?

Such as this?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I HAVE engaged your "point" many times, both on here and on the Lutheran board...but you ignore MY points AND my Bible verses--WHY??

Here we go again, folks--the ole--"I already answered that" retort.

Bonnie

Such as this?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Here we go again, folks--the ole--"I already answered that" retort.
Here we go folks, I wrote that BECAUSE IT IS TRUE! Before God almighty,, it is--right here:

Comporting the Biblical witness with the Biblical testimony | CARM Forums

Post no. 3. Did you even bother reading what I posted there? if not, here it all is:

Paul says in Colossians 1:

3 We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have [d]for all the [e]saints; 5 because of the hope laid up for you in [f]heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel 6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also IT IS constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth; 7 just as you learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf, 8 and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit.

And remember this also?

From this, we can ascertain that the Colossians bore fruit IN their faith in Jesus, AFTER they heard and believed the Gospel message that Epahras had given them. The fruit they were bearing is part of "walking in the Light". Paul continues:

9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 SO that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, [l]to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and [m]increasing in the [n]knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all power, according to [o]His glorious might, [p]for the attaining of all steadfastness and [q]patience; joyously 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us [r]to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
And remember what else Paul wrote in Col. 2? which I have posted a number of times on here?

6 Therefore AS you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so [e]walk in Him, 7 having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established [f]in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing [g]with gratitude.
AS we have received Christ Jesus the Lord, SO we walk in Him. The reception of Jesus Christ as our Savior THEN enables us to "walk in the Light." ON ACCOUNT OF OUR FAITH IN HIM we are able to walk in Him.
Especially look at Col. 2:

6 Therefore AS you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, SO walk in Him, 7 having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established [f]in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing [g]with gratitude.

We see "cause and effect" here, don't we? Tell us, do you know what "cause and effect" means? What does "AS we have received Christ Jesus the Lord" mean? What then does 'SO walk in Him, having been FIRMLY ROOTED..." What does "SO" mean here in this context? WHOM where the Colossians firmly rooted in, so that they COULD bear good fruit?

Gentle readers and lurkers, please note that I have indeed dealt with this poster's points about "walking in the light". I have done so several times, over the last couple of boards. You are all my witnesses. :)

Last edited: