A Great Deal

Semmelweis Reflex

I got the following email today, November 25th, 2022.

"We hope you've been enjoying your Norton Relaxed membership! Thank you for kicking off the club. You are the foundation of our business strategy. If you do not want to keep your account with us, please contact us at +1 806 310 5959 before November 23rd, 2022 to avoid any ordinary payment. We hope you'll take advantage of this opportunity to restart your club and stay connected to our network.

transaction number:25501-AW-7410
order no8555011SD
Price$ 398.32
DateNov,23rd,2022

Please do not respond to this email any longer. This email was generated by the device. The mailbox is no longer monitored, and you will no longer receive a response. Call +1 806 310 5959 for more information.

Regards,

Team Norton

+1 806 310 5959"

I don't know what to do. Being a foundation of their business strategy puts a heavy responsibility on me personally. Their membership is relaxed, that's for sure. I don't even know who they are but I do feel good about kicking off the club, as it were. Although I do enjoy membership I'm not sure if I should "restart" that membership, call the number and pay the $398.32. For heavens' sake, why wouldn't I?! I only wish I could just reply to the email, but alas, it was generated by the device.

How could anyone be so stupid!? Not to take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity?

I got the following email today, November 25th, 2022.

"We hope you've been enjoying your Norton Relaxed membership! Thank you for kicking off the club. You are the foundation of our business strategy. If you do not want to keep your account with us, please contact us at +1 806 310 5959 before November 23rd, 2022 to avoid any ordinary payment. We hope you'll take advantage of this opportunity to restart your club and stay connected to our network.

transaction number:25501-AW-7410
order no8555011SD
Price$ 398.32
DateNov,23rd,2022

Please do not respond to this email any longer. This email was generated by the device. The mailbox is no longer monitored, and you will no longer receive a response. Call +1 806 310 5959 for more information.

Regards,

Team Norton

+1 806 310 5959"

I don't know what to do. Being a foundation of their business strategy puts a heavy responsibility on me personally. Their membership is relaxed, that's for sure. I don't even know who they are but I do feel good about kicking off the club, as it were. Although I do enjoy membership I'm not sure if I should "restart" that membership, call the number and pay the $398.32. For heavens' sake, why wouldn't I?! I only wish I could just reply to the email, but alas, it was generated by the device.

How could anyone be so stupid!? Not to take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity?
Years ago I had rentals and some things for sale on craigslist, and would quite frequently get these replies that seemed a bit hokey. I decided to reply with something that would cause any normal person to move on. When I continued to get replies, I turned my replies into boilerplates

Within a few weeks I had a stack of counterfeit bank checks made out to "Stu Padaso". Each one represented an investment of just over $10.00 for the cardboard envelope they were sent in by UPS, Fed Ex etc.

Needless to say, when they finally realized that they were not going to be getting their hoped for check in the mail, Western Union, etc., their replies became considerably more colorful.

Back