A Poem About Rest

Part 1 - The Creator Of Rest

In the beginning, on the seventh day after all His work, the LORD God did rest,​
and turning to the man there with Him, saying, this is what I have blessed;​
and down through the long ages, it would remain the gift from Heaven,​
holy and sanctified, the day the Creator spent with man - seven;​
a vast temple of sacred time, enclosed for the faithful steward to keep,​
knowing the Shepherd worked tirelessly, to have a place for all His precious sheep;​
peace-filled and tranquil, calm and nothing over to be stressed,​
Oh!, what special Day with our Father!, this Sabbath of His glorious rest.​

Part 1 - The Creator Of Rest

This thread is about Rest. Did you get any? Most people in the world are over-worked, over-tired, over-stressed, over-anxious. And for what?

Be at peace, Peace, be still:

Why are you Martha? Trying to work out everything, and then complaining about your sister, Mary, when she rests with Jesus? Do you do that with the churches that keep the sabbath of the LORD? Do you complain to Jesus as Martha did?:

Luk 10:38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.​
Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.​
Luk 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.​
Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:​
Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.​

The rest of the 7th day of the LORD, the sabbath of God, the real Lord's day, which is being with Jesus, sitting at His feet and resting in His words and commands, shall not be taken away from them who desire to be with Him. Martha, you too can come join us, and be at Jesus' feet. Why stress yourself out and over-work and come to an early grave? Sit with Life, and be renewed.

Spend some time with Jesus: