a powerful delusion

Caroljeen

1 Thess 2 10-12

10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false,
12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

What is this powerful delusion ?

;

1 Thess 2 10-12
Did you mean 2 Thess; typo I imagine.

10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false,
12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

What is this powerful delusion ?

;
I suppose the delusion will be accepting the man of sin as the supposed coming of the Lord.
2Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Thess 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Where is that found in 2Thess?

2 Thess 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Referring to "the third person of the trinity".

Did you mean 2 Thess; typo I imagine.
Yes, thank you for pointing that out.
I suppose the delusion will be accepting the man of sin as the supposed coming of the Lord.
2Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Thess 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
That sounds reasonable.

That type of delusion doesn't come from God

He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

In context of that chapter, it is the antichrist.

Correct.

What is the Temple of God?
It depends if you think it is written by Paul or not. I think it is from Paul. Likely written before the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. In this passage, the temple of God is the literal temple in Jerusalem.

It depends if you think it is written by Paul or not. I think it is from Paul. Likely written before the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. In this passage, the temple of God is the literal temple in Jerusalem.

Lol...

The Temple of God is believers...

1 Cor 3:16 NIV: Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?

To those who deny it. No problem, anytime.

Revelation 16:13
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Lol...

The Temple of God is believers...

1 Cor 3:16 NIV: Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?
How do you explain 2 Thess 2:1-12? In this chapter how can the temple of God be the believers?

2 As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way, for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction. 4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you? 6 And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed when his time comes. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will destroy
with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming
. 9 The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

How do you explain 2 Thess 2:1-12? In this chapter how can the temple of God be the believers?

2 As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way, for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction. 4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you? 6 And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed when his time comes. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will destroy
with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming
. 9 The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

Just tell me what confuses you. I can't read your mind..

Your point
Revelation 16:13
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Is that your homerun swing?

Who is the lawless one who takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God?

"The third person of the trinity" aka the devil!

Ephesians 2:2
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The man of sin is going to destroy a lot of people who believes not the truth.If you don't know who the hundreds of millions of people who he is going to destroy is in this verse,then you probably won't figure out the delusion they believe.

Daniel 11:44
But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many.

You really must be delusional to start a war with a nuclear superpower.But they really are that delusional to believe they can win.

Back