A Response to the Solicitation of Divine Prestidigitation from the Self Proclaimed Colossal Cogitator

stiggy wiggy

"Demonstrate your God is real and trustworthy" is the continual whiny request from the man claiming big thoughts.

OK. I'll give it my best shot, even though echoing in my head is the refrain from Dylan, "Do you think He's just an Errand Boy to satisfy your wandering desires."

Step right up, folks and watch me make Jehovah do a trick for the Gargantuan Conceptualist in our audience."

JEHOVAH, ABRACADABRA, DEMONSTRATE THYSELF!

<crickets>

Well, ahem .......... that was embarrassing. I guess we must conclude that either God doesn't exist, or He refuses to be obedient to me.

Last week Stevie Wonder demanded that I demonstrate to him the color red, and I failed at that too, so Stevie is now claiming I'm only imagining that fire engines are red, and maybe he's right. If a big thinker can't think through these things, who am I to claim I can?

What was it Hamlet said:

"There cannot be more things in heaven or earth than are dreamt of in a big thinker's philosophy," or something like that.

Whatsisface

"Demonstrate your God is real and trustworthy" is the continual whiny request from the man claiming big thoughts.

OK. I'll give it my best shot, even though echoing in my head is the refrain from Dylan, "Do you think He's just an Errand Boy to satisfy your wandering desires."

Step right up, folks and watch me make Jehovah do a trick for the Gargantuan Conceptualist in our audience."

<crickets>

Well, ahem .......... that was embarrassing. I guess we must conclude that either God doesn't exist, or He refuses to be obedient to me.

Last week Stevie Wonder demanded that I demonstrate to him the color red, and I failed at that too, so Stevie is now claiming I'm only imagining that fire engines are red, and maybe he's right. If a big thinker can't think through these things, who am I to claim I can?

What was it Hamlet said:

"There cannot be more things in heaven or earth than are dreamt of in a big thinker's philosophy," or something like that.
So you have no good reason to think God is real. If you had such a reason, you'd have given it long ago.

The Pixie

<crickets>

What was it Hamlet said:

So is this wrong?

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

This seems more relevant than your Dylan quote. This is not some wandering desire on your part, this is something that would indeed glorify God by showing he exists. Plus, it is in the the Bible.

Furion

<crickets>

What was it Hamlet said:

Those are some Big Thoughts.

You even conducted an experiment. Very sciencey of you.

I'm not sure about Hamlet though, a big thinker can imagine so many things in heaven and earth there is no room to move. Like a heavenly hoarders house, full of stuff. Don't quote me on that though, my Big Thoughts are sometimes not big.

stiggy wiggy

So is this wrong?

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

WRONG?? On the contrary. Amen, brother!

This seems more relevant than your Dylan quote. This is not some wandering desire on your part, this is something that would indeed glorify God by showing he exists. Plus, it is in the the Bible.

Heh, were you thinking it said:

"And whatever you ask in Big Thinker's name, this I will do, so that Big Thinker may be glorified on CARM."

"

The Pixie

WRONG?? On the contrary. Amen, brother!

Heh, were you thinking it said:

"And whatever you ask in Big Thinker's name, this I will do, so that Big Thinker may be glorified on CARM."
No, I thought it said in God's name.

You originally called on God, by name, as per John 14:13:

And yet it did not work. Exactly the same as the result we would expect if God did not exist.

Furion

No, I thought it said in God's name.

You originally called on God, by name, as per John 14:13:

And yet it did not work. Exactly the same as the result we would expect if God did not exist.
Just so you know, abracadabra doesn't work.

SteveB

Those are some Big Thoughts.

You even conducted an experiment. Very sciencey of you.

I'm not sure about Hamlet though, a big thinker can imagine so many things in heaven and earth there is no room to move. Like a heavenly hoarders house, full of stuff. Don't quote me on that though, my Big Thoughts are sometimes not big.
They apparently failed to grasp that IF is the biggest thought inside the universe.

I.e., their unwillingness to consider that there's an outside to the universe.

bigthinker

Well, ahem .......... that was embarrassing.
yeah....
Its one thing to goad other people into saying something negative about you but its another thing to bring yourself down.
What an utterly stupid post... arguing that your God does nothing...
You made my case.
lol.

Last edited:

bigthinker

<crickets>

What was it Hamlet said:

A difference between me and God is that I do things.