A retraction ...

Howie

It was pointed out to me by @Chalcedon that I made a false claim about him, here, at this post.

That is a typo and should read: "Chalcedon says God's attribute of wrath is NOT INNATE, or INBORN, rather he says God's wrath was acquired at the fall."

However, if God acquired the attribute of wrath at the fall, as @Chalcedon says, then Chalcedon's position renders God, MUTABLE, which is not scriptural.

Sorry for typo.

It was pointed out to me by @Chalcedon that I made a false claim about him, here, at this post.

That is a typo and should read: "Chalcedon says God's attribute of wrath is NOT INNATE, or INBORN, rather he says God's wrath was acquired at the fall."

However, if God acquired the attribute of wrath at the fall, as @Chalcedon says, then Chalcedon's position renders God, MUTABLE, which is not scriptural.

Sorry for typo.
Did he really say God's wrath was an attribute ?

And it was acquired after the fall?

Or was that how you understood whatr he was saying?

I have gone on record saying Gods love in an innate attribute within the Trinity and wrath cannot be one . Wrath cannot exist within the Triunity of Gods nature/ character . Love can. Wrath is for man , not God. Love is both within God , for God and for man.

But this will be my last time explaining it on this forum . We have the Trinity forum for discussion Gods attributes and I cleared this up in great detail with the psalm 22 thread as you witnessed and were a part of that discussion

I have gone on record saying Gods love in an innate attribute within the Trinity and wrath cannot be one . Wrath cannot exist within the Triunity of Gods nature/ character . Love can. Wrath is for man , not God. Love is both within God , for God and for man.

But this will be my last time explaining it on this forum . We have the Trinity forum for discussion Gods attributes and I cleared this up in great detail with the psalm 22 thread as you witnessed and were a part of that discussion
So what is reported is something quite different from what you stated

Just thinking here:
a) Is wrath and hate innate in God; or,
b) Is wrath and hate an absence of God's love.
c) What about light and darkness; God is light, darkness the absence of light.

Just thinking here:
There is no anger, jealousy, wrath , justice within the Trinity like there is love which is an innate attribute of God. Those others are a response to sin and the fall .

He said, "love relates to Gods innate character/Being within the Triune relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. wrath does not and did not exist until sin came into the picture."

IOW, God changed at the fall.

original post

So what is reported is something quite different from what you stated
And notice all the dodgers who flee when I ask :

where does the Holy Spirit show anger, justice , wrath towards the Father like He does with love?

? ? ?

blinded by the ? Light. It’s an intellectual faith for many much like the Pharisees.

Just thinking here:

I would describe the attribute as "hatred towards sin" which requires the presence of sin.

There is no anger, jealousy, wrath , justice within the Trinity like there is love which is an innate attribute of God. Those others are a response to sin and the fall .
You said, "love relates to Gods innate character/Being within the Triune relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. wrath does not and did not exist until sin came into the picture."

original post

I would describe the attribute as "hatred towards sin" which requires the presence of sin.
Which cannot exist within God as love does . One is internal with Gods nature whereas the other external relating to man’s sin

And notice all the dodgers who flee when I ask :

where does the Holy Spirit show anger, justice , wrath towards the Father like He does with love?

? ? ?

blinded by the ? Light. It’s an intellectual faith for many much like the Pharisees.
You said, "love relates to Gods innate character/Being within the Triune relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. wrath does not and did not exist until sin came into the picture."

original post

It requires wrath which prior to sin, God did not possess, according to you, correct?

Well, I see God as outside of time while interacting within it.

His love for me and his hatred for my sin would be from an eternal place.

We could from our own perspective describe God as acting within time—this does not make God mutable or changing attributes, it's simply an incorrect understanding of immutability.

Back