A retraction ...

Just thinking here:
a) Is wrath and hate innate in God; or,
b) Is wrath and hate an absence of God's love.
c) What about light and darkness; God is light, darkness the absence of light.
Wrath is an innate response displayed at Satan's rebellion?

God's wrath isn't innate, rather God's wrath stems from someone opposing or contradicting His truth. So, His wrath only applies to those whom oppose the reality of His Kingdom.

Was there ever a time God didn't hate evil, though?

Loaded question, because there was "a time" that those outside and oppose God didn't exist.

If evil doesn't exist in the reality of God, but only resides in those outside and in opponents of God's reality, then evil should not exist in a child of God's reality?

And you have to assume wrath is not an attribute of God in order to defend @Chalcedon ... ?

Wrath is an attribute of God, as Grudem rightly says, just as wrath is an attribute of you and me and everyone.

Can't wait to hear how you'll deny that. ?
Is his arguement that just because God's wrath is not expressed among the Trinity that it cannot be a attribute of God??

And you have to assume wrath is not an attribute of God in order to defend @Chalcedon ... ?

Wrath is an attribute of God, as Grudem rightly says, just as wrath is an attribute of you and me and everyone.

Can't wait to hear how you'll deny that. ?
I have to assume no such thing as I am arguing nothing just pointing out what Civic might possibly hold

Is his arguement that just because God's wrath is not expressed among the Trinity that it cannot be a attribute of God??
Not mine

I just noted Civic may deny wrath as an attribute seeing it rather as a reaction to that which is against his holiness (which is an attribute)

Back