A simple yes/no question.

Mr Laurier

This is a yes/no question.
If you lost your faith in Jesus, would you go out and rob people, rape people, kill people, etc?

Another yes/no question.
If you lost your faith in Jesus, would you go out and have gay sex?

Whateverman

No / No

ps. to help draw in a few sincere Christian responses, a similar question in the other direction might be worth noting. To wit: if you suddenly found faith in Jesus, would you stop robbing, raping and killing? I think it's reasonable to answer Yes, in that some folks would stop. Granted, I don't rob, rape or kill anyone now, and I'm godless - so my answer would be N/A.

Temujin

No / No

ps. to help draw in a few sincere Christian responses, a similar question in the other direction might be worth noting. To wit: if you suddenly found faith in Jesus, would you stop robbing, raping and killing? I think it's reasonable to answer Yes, in that some folks would stop. Granted, I don't rob, rape or kill anyone now, and I'm godless - so my answer would be N/A.
A good point. There are a fair number of serving prisoners who claim exactly this.

As an aside, in my experience working in a high security prison, the most well represented faith group are Mormons. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they don't take coffee or tea, so get a drinking chocolate ration instead, which has a higher barter value.

Whateverman

A good point. There are a fair number of serving prisoners who claim exactly this.

As an aside, in my experience working in a high security prison, the most well represented faith group are Mormons. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they don't take coffee or tea, so get a drinking chocolate ration instead, which has a higher barter value.
Neat! I never would have known about little factoids like this. Makes sense.

I wonder what other prison commodities could be used to bring people to Jesus...

Authentic Nouveau

If you lost your faith in Jesus, would you go out and rob people, rape people, kill people, etc?

Another yes/no question.
If you go out and rob people, would you brag about being ex-christian?

If you go out and have gay sex, would you admit you do not believe in Jesus or want to obey HIM?

By the way, Lenin one of your key ring leaders had attended seminary.

If you attended Christ College diploma mill and spit on Jesus, would you suggest exxterminating Indians in South America?

Mr Laurier

If you go out and rob people, would you brag about being ex-christian?

If you go out and have gay sex, would you admit you do not believe in Jesus or want to obey HIM?

By the way, Lenin one of your key ring leaders had attended seminary.

If you attended Christ College diploma mill and spit on Jesus, would you suggest exxterminating Indians in South America?
Just answer the question. Or are you afraid, as you always are?

Furion

Another yes/no question.

Highly unlikely, it depends on many factors, perhaps the situation changes and maybe it might be different, it would need taken as the case may be. Difficult to say what crazy things I might think if I became an atheist like you.

Authentic Nouveau

Mormons
In the state of Utah which is dominated by Mormons, the state has the highest rate of mortgage loan fraud.

Authentic Nouveau

Another yes/no question.
If you were born again, you would stop raping, robbery, killing sex outside of marriage. killing
Jesus can deliver sodomites from their bondage and sin.

Mr Laurier

Highly unlikely, it depends on many factors, perhaps the situation changes and maybe it might be different, it would need taken as the case may be. Difficult to say what crazy things I might think if I became an atheist like you.
Not that difficult. If you became an atheist like me, you would not think any crazy things.

Mr Laurier

If you were born again, you would stop raping, robbery, killing sex outside of marriage. killing
Jesus can deliver sodomites from their bondage and sin.
Alas, I see no reason to start raping, robbery, or killing sex outside of marriage.
Jesus is a cute character, created from a composite of several gods, heroes, and holy men. Why do you want to kill him? Not sure what your 'sodomites" is/are... but also not into bondage. What is "sin"?

Mr Laurier

The most nasty and vile of fundies, who is the king's pet maniac, is spamming the thread with his filth.
He knows I have nailed his nature perfectly.

Berserk

Another yes/no question.
These are silly questions that overlook the sad fact that there is no evidence that theists are more moral than nontheists. The more discerning relevant philosophical question is this: Does God approve or disapprove of specific human behaviors because they are right or wrong or are they right or wrong because God approves or disapproves of them? In other words, what makes right actions right?

Mr Laurier

These are silly questions that overlook the sad fact that there is no evidence that theists are more moral than nontheists. The more discerning relevant philosophical question is this: Does God approve or disapprove of specific human behaviors because they are right or wrong or are they right or wrong because God approves or disapproves of them? In other words, what makes right actions right?
Actually, that's a whole other topic. And needs it's own thread.
The whole point if my questions is that we are every bit as moral as the religious loons who insist that we are utterly immoral. And in fact we are MORE moral, since our morality is innate, while theirs is an act they put on for public display.

Authentic Nouveau

Actually, that's a whole other topic. And needs it's own thread.
The whole point if my questions is that we are every bit as moral as the religious loons who insist that we are utterly immoral. And in fact we are MORE moral, since our morality is innate, while theirs is an act they put on for public display.
Why can't military grade immoral atheists stop lying about Satan ,sin and their father the Devil?
Atheists flaunt their severe immorality when the lie and insist they are not sinners.

God is watching.