A tale of two statements

Agreed. But I and other atheists don't think it. This is a theist strawman.
Atheists are funny in that way.

They insist there is nothing beyond death. They insist there is no supernatural, and have latched on to the silly idea of the material universe being eternal.

They can't explain it but insist it all at the same time nonetheless.

Atheists are funny in that way.

They insist there is nothing beyond death. They insist there is no supernatural,
No they don't, but rather say that the evidence for these things is not enough to warrant believe. I don't think these things exist, but I can't prove, it.
and have latched on to the silly idea of the material universe being eternal.
Why is it silly? Can you give some physics that show it isn't?
They can't explain it but insist it all at the same time nonetheless.
What's a good reason to think something true?

No they don't, but rather say that the evidence for these things is not enough to warrant believe. I don't think these things exist, but I can't prove, it.

Why is it silly? Can you give some physics that show it isn't?

What's a good reason to think something true?
The faith in your beliefs is the only relevant point to me. You've demonstrated what and where your faith is so not much left to discuss with you.

The faith in your beliefs is the only relevant point to me. You've demonstrated what and where your faith is so not much left to discuss with you.
As usual from you, you avoid actually discussing the points you brought up in the first place and I responded to.

That Christianity hasn't met it's burden of proof isn't a matter of faith.

As usual from you, you avoid actually discussing the points you brought up in the first place and I responded to.

That you demonstrated your faith is all that was necessary.

It's up to you to realize how much faith is in your life.

"Christianity" has no such burden. People have the burden directed toward themselves, not toward others. You will not be judged on whether or not you believed a religion known as Christianity, but rather whether or not you put your faith in Christ. That is our one and only burden.

You can deny the faith you have, not a bother to me. It's for you to consider for yourself, or not
You say I have faith, but when asked what that faith is for clarity, you won't say. You give no reason then to think what you say is true.

"Christianity" has no such burden.
Logically it does. However, lets say it doesn't have said burden, what difference does it make? There is still no proof of Christianity meaning that atheism isn't a matter of faith but of trying to come to the best understanding with the information there is.
People have the burden directed toward themselves, not toward others. You will not be judged on whether or not you believed a religion known as Christianity, but rather whether or not you put your faith in Christ. That is our one and only burden.
So it's possible to think Christianity true but not put your faith in Christ?

How do you explain other Christians thinking people will be judged on works?

You say I have faith, but when asked what that faith is..
You've already said it, unguarded as it was.

Now you want to bring it all back up to shade it and mold it to your liking.

Sorry, it's your unguarded moments that show the truth of you.

Now, do your normal thing, declare me stupid and posting inane things you cannot understand..

You've already said it, unguarded as it was.

Now you want to bring it all back up to shade it and mold it to your liking.

Sorry, it's your unguarded moments that show the truth of you.

Now, do your normal thing, declare me stupid and posting inane things you cannot understand..
That's a shame. I entered into this discussion in good faith, asked for clarification, and you won't give it.

Did you start this in good faith?

No, logically it doesn't. Burdens by definition must be felt. Belief systems have no feeling.

ABSOLUTELY! "The devil believes and trembles."

I don't. I don't even FEEL a burden to.
As you are either deliberately misunderstanding, or just misunderstanding, I won't be bothering with this further.

Back