A thread addressed to Arminians only—when is it time to move on...

civic

Well, let's see....
You start a thread trying to exclude Calvinists, and then talk about "witnessing to a lost person".

IMO, it's not an unreasonable association to make.
if it looks like a duck, quacks like one, has feathers like one and waddles like one then by all means its a duck.

TibiasDad

There is no moral obligation to respond to every post in a thread, Doug.

There IS a moral obligation to respond to a reasonable request in an original post.

Perhaps you could see your point is completely unfair.
Well Dizerner, I was not accusing you of moral failure, just a failure of mutual respect toward someone to which you reached out for an opinion, and they responded to your request! I believe that I am the only Arminian to have responded to date, and it's been at least 48 hours since you posted the OP. Of the 17 posts that I can see-- there appear to be some from Theo, but I don't see his posts in my feed-- 7 are from you, 2 are from me, and the rest from various Calvinists responders. Until my last post, you had not responded to me, the one Arminian that had responded to yotu post for Arminians. It may not be a moral obligation, but you essentially wrote the post to me, and yet do not sense the civil responsibility to respond to the solitary poster that meets your criteria! But the posters that you are protesting have responded to me seven times in both direct posts to me (thank you ReformedGuy and Civic) and by liking my post.

I'm just pointing out the appearance of this from my perspective. The irony of you protesting the Calvinists for responding to your thread, which would include their gracious responses to me, while you have yet to respond to the one Arminian that sought to respond to your request in good faith, is striking!

I hold nothing against you, Dizerner, just making an observation. I have always tended to be in the same camp of thought with you, and I think I understand your frustrations. Perhaps this is evidence that you should consider taking a break from the forums and rethink your motives for being here and how you choose to deal with those who respond to you. But this is totally your call, and I will not discourage you from whatever choice you make. Your voice is valuable and valued!

Doug

Last edited:

civic

Well Dizerner, I was not accusing you of moral failure, just a failure of mutual respect toward someone to which you reached out for an opinion, and they responded to your request! I believe that I am the only Arminian to have responded to date, and it's been at least 48 hours since you posted the OP. Of the 17 posts that I can see-- there appear to be some from Theo, but I don't see his posts in my feed-- 7 are from you, 2 are from me, and the rest from various Calvinists responders. Until my last post, you had not responded to me, the one Arminian that had responded to yotu post for Arminians. It may not be a moral obligation, but you essentially wrote the post to me, and yet do not sense the civil responsibility to respond to the solitary poster that meets your criteria! But the posters that you are protesting have responded to me seven times in both direct posts to me (thank you ReformedGuy and Civic) and by liking my post.

I'm just pointing out the appearance of this from my perspective. The irony of you protesting the Calvinists for responding to your thread, which would include their gracious responses to me, while you have yet to respond to the one Arminian that sought to respond to your request in good faith!

I hold nothing against you, Dizerner, just making an observation. I have always tended to be in the same camp of thought with you, and I think I understand your frustrations. Perhaps this is evidence that you should consider taking a break from the forums and rethink your motives for being here and how you choose to deal with those who respond to you. But this is totally your call, and I will not discourage you from whatever choice you make. Your voice is valuable and valued!

Doug
Well said Doug and I’m in complete agreement with you,

Dizerner

I'm just pointing out the appearance of this from my perspective. The irony of you protesting the Calvinists for responding to your thread, which would include their gracious responses to me, while you have yet to respond to the one Arminian that sought to respond to your request in good faith, is striking!

Doug

I disagree with much of what you say.

There is no difference between a "moral failure" and "a failure of mutual respect." Do you think "mutual respect" is not a morally good thing?

I disagree that not responding to your one post is not "mutually respecting" you. I think you are being unfairly oversensitive, taking offense where you shouldn't take offense, and using this in a way that is detracting from the legitimate criticisms I have against people in this thread.

Why are you not siding with me in a legitimate moral claim? Because Calvinists liked your post and said something nice to you, and because I did not respond to you within 48 hours (the official designated time for determining "respect" I guess, regardless of whether I may have had other reasons to delay a response)? For this you see fit to accuse me of not respecting you, while not correcting other people who are actually engaged in disrespect.

I find your accusation unfair, untrue, unreasonable, and ignoring the real offenders while almost supporting them and piling on accusations to me. Then you claim all this is "just making an observation," which it most definitely is not, like rubbing salt into a wound.

I don't find that all respectful, to me Doug. And your taking the higher moral ground while accusing me unfairly and supporting my accusers is the real irony here, and I recommend that you, not me, "take a break" and think about it.

But I still love you anyway, and pray that you will see what I'm saying.

Peace to those in Christ.

P. S. I have request my account be deleted, but not because of the reasons you stated. I'm sure those with fake "love" will rejoice at my absence.

civic

I never said that I believe that, I adamantly denied it.

Please don't perpetuate gossip, false accusations and misrepresentations.

That is sinful and disrespectful.
Like you did with me several times falsely accusing me of blaming sin on the devil. You sure don’t like it when it happens to you now do you ?

Another example of irony. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Dizerner

This isn't remotely true and you've been called on it by others. Own yourself.

Lol!!!

Your denial? Yes. I agree.

I won't entertain your demonic slander and mockery anymore.

You have not even "remotely" proved I believe or said Calvinists are lost, and refuse to accept my own personal affirmation, as well as multiple past posts I could quote.

You have continually posted judgmental unfair accusations against me and I pray God forgives your evil accusations.

Dizerner

Like you did with me several times falsely accusing me of blaming sin on the devil. You sure don’t like it when it happens to you now do you ?

You are not saying true things and you can't back them up, just accuse, accuse, accuse like the devil.

I won't let any door hit me, but one day you will be embarrassed by your behavior.

preacher4truth

I called him out on several deliberate misrepresentations of Calvinists, and of course he never responded because he knew he was found out. A house built upon untruths will eventually fall.

These enemies of "Calvinism" who employee lies in their agenda are apparently self-deceived since they believe these lies are justifiable proof and allowable.

Ridiculous...that attitude isn't close to being Christian.

SovereignGrace

I called him out on several deliberate misrepresentations of Calvinists, and of course he never responded because he knew he was found out. A house built upon untruths will eventually fall.

These enemies of "Calvinism" who employee lies in their agenda are apparently self-deceived since they believe these lies are justifiable proof and allowable.

Ridiculous...that attitude isn't close to being Christian.
odd those who claim to uphold the truth frequently avoid it

TibiasDad

I disagree with much of what you say.

There is no difference between a "moral failure" and "a failure of mutual respect." Do you think "mutual respect" is not a morally good thing?

I disagree that not responding to your one post is not "mutually respecting" you. I think you are being unfairly oversensitive, taking offense where you shouldn't take offense, and using this in a way that is detracting from the legitimate criticisms I have against people in this thread.

Why are you not siding with me in a legitimate moral claim? Because Calvinists liked your post and said something nice to you, and because I did not respond to you within 48 hours (the official designated time for determining "respect" I guess, regardless of whether I may have had other reasons to delay a response)? For this you see fit to accuse me of not respecting you, while not correcting other people who are actually engaged in disrespect.

I find your accusation unfair, untrue, unreasonable, and ignoring the real offenders while almost supporting them and piling on accusations to me. Then you claim all this is "just making an observation," which it most definitely is not, like rubbing salt into a wound.

I don't find that all respectful, to me Doug. And your taking the higher moral ground while accusing me unfairly and supporting my accusers is the real irony here, and I recommend that you, not me, "take a break" and think about it.

But I still love you anyway, and pray that you will see what I'm saying.

Peace to those in Christ.

P. S. I have request my account be deleted, but not because of the reasons you stated. I'm sure those with fake "love" will rejoice at my absence.
May you be at peace and overshadowed by the grace of our Lord, Dizerner! I will miss your input. I hope you will return and grace us with your input and viewpoints!

Doug

civic

Bald faced lie, and unproven.
Then prove I lied quote me saying I believe we can blame the devil for our sin.

Like I thought you can’t quote me because I never said such nonsense . Otherwise you would of quoted me if your false accusations were true. And your utter disdain for Calvinist Christians will not be missed around here .

And don’t let the swinging door hit you on your way out .