"Abe's faith"

dberrie2020

Bonnie said:
Jesus' righteousness is credited/counted to us by faith in Him--just as Abe's faith in God and His promises was credited to him as righteousness.

Could anyone explain for us, if Abraham's promises was given the same as ours, as to "imputed righteousness", as Bonnie defines it--then why the testimony of God here?

Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Now--I would like to address another of your claims here, IE--that when the scriptures talk of obedience--it's only a reference to belief in Christ, independent of the obedience referenced in Genesis26:4-5.

Could you explain for us--why Christ testified it was obedience to His voice, charge, commandments, and laws--if obedience was limited to belief alone--in opposition to Genesis26:4-5--where God Himself testified the promises were due to obedience to His voice, charge, commandments, and His laws?

James 2:18-20---King James Version
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

That's LDS theology--and the Biblical witness.

Bonnie said:
Jesus' righteousness is credited/counted to us by faith in Him--just as Abe's faith in God and His promises was credited to him as righteousness.

Could anyone explain for us, if Abraham's promises was given the same as ours, as to "imputed righteousness", as Bonnie defines it--then why the testimony of God here?

Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Now--I would like to address another of your claims here, IE--that when the scriptures talk of obedience--it's only a reference to belief in Christ, independent of the obedience referenced in Genesis26:4-5.

Could you explain for us--why Christ testified it was obedience to His voice, charge, commandments, and laws--if obedience was limited to belief alone--in opposition to Genesis26:4-5--where God Himself testified the promises were due to obedience to His voice, charge, commandments, and His laws?

James 2:18-20---King James Version
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

That's LDS theology--and the Biblical witness.

IMO--this is an excellent opportunity to engage the LDS on their view of "Abe's righteousness".

Back