Abortion compromise

So with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about roe being overturned, how about we try an old fashioned American idea and work toward a compromise?

As a pro life person I would be willing to consider abortion for cases of rape, incest and risk to life of the mother, even though I personally oppose them, if pro choice people would agree to a prohibition on abortion for any other reasons.

If you have an idea for a different compromise I'd love to hear it.
I don't believe this to be a compromise. I may be wrong but no state will ban abortion completely. IMO Texas law is a fair compromise 6 weeks along with rape incest and life of the mother.

Does placenta keep developing apart from the baby? Does the baby continue to develop apart from the placenta?
Yes, the placenta keeps developing for nine months. For that time it is different from the developing mbryo.

Separate from each other nothing "begins"
Life has already begun for both. As with all life, it will end at some point in the future. Both can survive for longer than an adult mayfly for instance.

Yes, the placenta keeps developing for nine months. For that time it is different from the developing mbryo.
What about after the birth? Different but still human but not a human being. The baby is also different from the placenta but is still human and is a human being.
Life has already begun for both. As with all life, it will end at some point in the future. Both can survive for longer than an adult mayfly for instance.
So because it will end at some point in the future it's ok to terminate it now? Hmmmmmm

What about after the birth? Different but still human but not a human being.
No, a placenta is not human. It has some characteristics of a human, its DNA for example. However, it is lacking other characteristics so it is not human

A human has two eyes and a brain. A chimpanzee also has two eyes and a brain. Those shared characteristics are not enough to make a chimp human. The chimp lacks other necessary characteristics.

So because it will end at some point in the future it's ok to terminate it now? Hmmmmmm
No. I have never said that. That is why I am against the death penalty.

No, a placenta is not human. It has some characteristics of a human, its DNA for example. However, it is lacking other characteristics so it is not human

A human has two eyes and a brain. A chimpanzee also has two eyes and a brain. Those shared characteristics are not enough to make a chimp human. The chimp lacks other necessary characteristics.

No. I have never said that. That is why I am against the death penalty.
So a human placenta is NOT human?

Oh you mean a human being that meets your definition of human being. Right the chimp doesn't have human DNA so it is neither human or a human being.

Luck them.

There's a difference between "human" and "a human". You seem to be conflating the two.

My hair, if biologists examined it, would absolutely consider it to be "human", but it clearly is not *A* human.

Nah they aren't human or a human being according to that poster.
No matter how hard I try, I can't make their constellation of positions make any sense at all. How can you consistently only be in favor of killing innocent life?

There's a difference between "human" and "a human". You seem to be conflating the two.

My hair, if biologists examined it, would absolutely consider it to be "human", but it clearly is not *A* human.
Your hair is not alive. Your unborn child is definitely alive.

A three month old baby doesn't look like a chicken, it looks like a tiny human.

So if your biologists have eyes then they can confidently say "hey looky there, a tiny human"

Back