Abortion compromise

We have different definitions of "human being". My definition includes a working brain.

What do you mean by "working brain"? What if there is a brain that's performing functions, but it's way, way, WAY off in performing those functions? At what point do you think a brain is "working"? At week 5 in the womb a baby's brain begins to develop. At week 7, the brain has divided into three distinct parts: front brain, midbrain, and hind brain. It's actually starting to work long before the end of the first trimester. Does this make a 7-week or even a 5-week fetus a "human being"?

On the other hand, a male brain isn't really fully functional until something like 25 years of age, which explains so many incomprehensibly stupid decisions made by young men. Are they not human beings?

Also...why a "brain", but not a "heart", as I mentioned yesterday. A functioning heart is just as crucial to our survival as a functioning brain.

We have different definitions of "human being". My definition includes a working brain.
Oh so we have a different understanding of woman, and human being. What do you mean by brain then?

Also, what are your definition of
different
definitions
includes
working
brain

What do you mean by "working brain"? What if there is a brain that's performing functions, but it's way, way, WAY off in performing those functions? At what point do you think a brain is "working"? At week 5 in the womb a baby's brain begins to develop. At week 7, the brain has divided into three distinct parts: front brain, midbrain, and hind brain. It's actually starting to work long before the end of the first trimester. Does this make a 7-week or even a 5-week fetus a "human being"?

On the other hand, a male brain isn't really fully functional until something like 25 years of age, which explains so many incomprehensibly stupid decisions made by young men. Are they not human beings?

Also...why a "brain", but not a "heart", as I mentioned yesterday. A functioning heart is just as crucial to our survival as a functioning brain.
This is like, what is a woman? It's whatever they think it is. This has been their purpose all along, to confuse the meaning of everything so that anything can be made to seem sensible.

More than no one cares, it means we cant communicate with them
That's the point though. They want control not communication. If you muddy the words you can wreak havoc. Remember, liberals have spent decades teaching kids to blindly accept what they say. Liberals don't respond well to those who question them.

You're spotlighting the fact that these arguments can be used to defend euthanasia, mercy killings etc.

Why do all these abortions have to happen anyway. Have all the sexually involved women stopped taking their contraceptive meds? This has gone from the "safe, legal, and rare" mantra to abortion for any reason and at any time right up until birth. It got so insane that a Gov. who is a medical doctor said to birth the baby, lay it aside on a table, and then the woman and the doctor can decide on whether an abortion can go forward. Now that is truly evil and is the mindset of the abortion activist of today. Have you people lost all sense of decency and propriety?
Ultimately, it's just a pointless distraction. There are some troubling data emerging from Sweden, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, North Dakota etc. etc. showing a dramatic drop in pregnancies. They say it is statistically impossible for something like this to happen. Month after month, they keep dropping. So the abortion issue may become a moot point quite soon as people begin to notice that it's becoming impossible to get pregnant in the first place.

I am sure you did, though the discussion now is more about semantics.

What number was that post?

Post #63 as I see it.

My position is in post #25.

I suspect we will have to agree to differ.
One has to be able to ageee to differ on opinions but we cant agree to differ on whether the moon is made of cheese or whether life doesnt start at conception.

Back