Abortion is murder in a non-legal sense... so what?

BMS

Surely you know. The UK.

Someone who attacks a pregnant woman killing her unborn child is charged with grievous bodily harm against the woman. The unborn child cannot be a victim of crime and is not a person. Our Supreme Court has made that ruling.
The thread is about abortion in a non legal sense

Temujin

Anybody answered the question yet?

I've got most of the people in here on Ignore...
Not as far as I know. Just the usual mix of irrelevant falsehoods and personal abuse. I expect that one of the ignorati has demanded that you explain what a woman is, while another accuses you of both begging and avoiding the question while shifting the burden. One accused you of being an evil shell of a human being, which I reported, so we will see what comes of that. All in all, just the expected dialogue of the deaf.

BMS

Not as far as I know. Just the usual mix of irrelevant falsehoods and personal abuse. I expect that one of the ignorati has demanded that you explain what a woman is, while another accuses you of both begging and avoiding the question while shifting the burden. One accused you of being an evil shell of a human being, which I reported, so we will see what comes of that. All in all, just the expected dialogue of the deaf.
Or not, as is the case

Torin

@Eightcrackers

Are you saying murder is okay with you as long as it's not illegal in a given society? It doesn't matter unless there's a law prohibiting it?

I'm not defending the "pro-life" viewpoint here, just trying to figure out what your point is.

Temujin

@Eightcrackers

Are you saying murder is okay with you as long as it's not illegal in a given society? It doesn't matter unless there's a law prohibiting it?

I'm not defending the "pro-life" viewpoint here, just trying to figure out what your point is.
I you don't mind me answering, I would say that in my view some killings of human beings will always be immoral, some will always be moral and some will depend for their morality on circumstances, and I am prepared to be ambivalent over their morality. That personal moral view of mine is independent of the law. Having said that, it is generally speaking the killings that the law calls murder, that I would consider to be immoral, with some minor exceptions.

Eightcrackers

I you don't mind me answering, I would say that in my view some killings of human beings will always be immoral, some will always be moral and some will depend for their morality on circumstances, and I am prepared to be ambivalent over their morality. That personal moral view of mine is independent of the law. Having said that, it is generally speaking the killings that the law calls murder, that I would consider to be immoral, with some minor exceptions.
The OP did not allude to morality. Only the, IMO, pointlessness of using a legal term in a non-legal sense.

Temujin

The OP did not allude to morality. Only the, IMO, pointlessness of using a legal term in a non-legal sense.
Yes, I appreciate that. I was just answering the question posed. Since no one dares answer the question in the OP, which skewers the "abortion is murder" trope completely, I am content to wander where the thread takes us.

Eightcrackers

Yes, I appreciate that. I was just answering the question posed. Since no one dares answer the question in the OP, which skewers the "abortion is murder" trope completely, I am content to wander where the thread takes us.
I did predict one actual answer, but it hasn't come up yet, and I don't want to give the game away.

To reiterate:

"Abortion may be legal, but it's still murder."
"OK... so?"

Temujin

I did predict one actual answer, but it hasn't come up yet, and I don't want to give the game away.

To reiterate:

"Abortion may be legal, but it's still murder."
"OK... so?"

I think that I can guess the answer you mean, which has come up elsewhere, but not here. Possibly because it would be eviscerated.

Yakuda

@Eightcrackers

That's exactly what they are saying. Nothing is immoral it's only what people agree upon that is illegal or "immoral"

Yakuda

That idiotic question has been answered.

Electric Skeptic

They are. Most pregnant women treat their offspring in the womb as their baby. Woke hasnt entirely captured society yet despite you posturing
That is nonsense. Pregnant women treat fetus as a baby-to-be. It is not a baby; babies are born.