About the "assumption of Mary"

Scripture identifies the Church as the pillar and foundation of the truth, NOT ITSELF! You have it reversed, and then attack the Church for telling the truth.
Your church has proven it is NOT the pillar and foundation of truth - it teaches false doctrines and it lies. We are not attacking your institution we are pointing out its false doctrines, teachings and claims. The fruits speak and your leaders throughout the centuries prove they are not apostolic and they hide sin and not expose it as they should. Worse they harm the sheep, this reveals it is not the pillar and foundation of truth.

Well, one must be discerning...
Roman Catholics have no desire to discern, because it invariably backfires on them. People who desire to be discerning must be willing to step outside of themselves, and Roman Catholics can't or won't do that.
Selfishness is incompatible with true discernment. That is why the vast majority of Roman Catholics are not willing to be discerning.

Roman Catholics have no desire to discern, because it invariably backfires on them. People who desire to be discerning must be willing to step outside of themselves, and Roman Catholics can't or won't do that.
Selfishness is incompatible with true discernment. That is why the vast majority of Roman Catholics are not willing to be discerning.
broad strokes with the 🖌️

How do YOU know He didn't? What is taught in my church is far, far closer to what the early church taught than what YOUR church teaches today. I mean, can you show us from the Bible where Jesus or the Apostles taught these:

1. Purgatory
2. Indulgences
3. The 4 Marian Dogmas
4. Obeying Popes is necessary for salvation
5. Praying to saints dead in the Lord is permissible, especially to Mary

Show us these things taught in the NT from the Bible, if you please.
You left out a few:
6. Scripture alone is the final/sole authority for the Christian faith.
7. A person is saved by faith alone and not by works.
8. We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

You left out a few:
6. Scripture alone is the final/sole authority for the Christian faith.
7. A person is saved by faith alone and not by works.
8. We are imputed with the righteousness of Christ.
Sorry, but these things are biblical. As we have proven, from the Bible itself.

Now where did Jesus or the Apostles teach the 4 Marian Dogmas, and that believing them is necessary for salvation? Was Jesus forgetful, in John 3:16? Luke 7:50? Did Paul have a "senior moment" in Romans 10:10-11? See anything there about the 4 Marian dogmas?

What do you think Jesus thinks of adding man-made teachings to what God's word actually says? Do you think He approves or disapproves, based on the following:

5 But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,” 6 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

8 “‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
9 in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Your church does this all over the place. They have added to the word of God that which He never said--liking believing in the 4 Marian Dogmas is necessary for salvation, yet people managed to be saved to eternal life just fine long before those dogmas were made doctrines, which proves that they are unnecessary and superfluous, and UNBIBLICAL. What about obedience to the pope is necessary for salvation? Where is that in Scripture? NO popes in Scripture, let alone obedience to one, are even mentioned!

Where does scripture say that?
Oh, brother! Doesn't your church teach its members anything? The church isn't the RCC; it is made up of ALL believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior, who trust in Him only for salvation, great and free!

Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Luke 17:21 - Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

See anything about the RCC here and popes and the 4 Marian Dogmas?

Eph. 2:
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

and, Eph. 1:

18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

See anything here about the church in Rome being the head over the entire church, ruled by a pope? ALL believers everywhere are the body of Christ.

Sorry, but these things are biblical. As we have proven, from the Bible itself.

Now where did Jesus or the Apostles teach the 4 Marian Dogmas, and that believing them is necessary for salvation? Was Jesus forgetful, in John 3:16? Luke 7:50? Did Paul have a "senior moment" in Romans 10:10-11? See anything there about the 4 Marian dogmas?

What do you think Jesus thinks of adding man-made teachings to what God's word actually says? Do you think He approves or disapproves, based on the following:

Your church does this all over the place. They have added to the word of God that which He never said--liking believing in the 4 Marian Dogmas is necessary for salvation, yet people managed to be saved to eternal life just fine long before those dogmas were made doctrines, which proves that they are unnecessary and superfluous, and UNBIBLICAL. What about obedience to the pope is necessary for salvation? Where is that in Scripture? NO popes in Scripture, let alone obedience to one, are even mentioned!
They are not Biblical. They are false doctrines.

They are not Biblical. They are false doctrines.
Oh, yes they are! And we have proven they are by directly quoting the Bible, but you refuse to believe what the Bible actually says, in favor of what your church says, instead! But your church is in grave error, here, ding! May the HS open your eyes to see and believe the truth!

But I noticed you said not one word about the Bible verses I quoted....why is that, ding? Like, what do you think Jesus thinks about adding man-made doctrines to what is already in Scripture, judging by His reaction in the Matthew verses I quoted?

No Bonnie is correct. You are mistaken. The Marian Doctrines are false and unscriptural; but you cling to them in desperation of hoping she can achieve for you want what you think Jesus can not.
You don't have the authority to declare that Bonnie is correct.

Oh, yes they are! And we have proven they are by directly quoting the Bible, but you refuse to believe what the Bible actually says, in favor of what your church says, instead! But your church is in grave error, here, ding! May the HS open your eyes to see and believe the truth!

But I noticed you said not one word about the Bible verses I quoted....why is that, ding? Like, what do you think Jesus thinks about adding man-made doctrines to what is already in Scripture, judging by His reaction in the Matthew verses I quoted?
Scripture isn't the final/sole authority for the Christian and you don't have the authority to declare what doctrines are true and which ones are false.

Oh, brother! Doesn't your church teach its members anything? The church isn't the RCC; it is made up of ALL believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior, who trust in Him only for salvation, great and free!

See anything about the RCC here and popes and the 4 Marian Dogmas?

and, Eph. 1:

See anything here about the church in Rome being the head over the entire church, ruled by a pope? ALL believers everywhere are the body of Christ.
There was only ONE Church then. There was unity of belief and worship.
There are many churches now. And there is not unity of belief and worship. How is that biblical?

There was only ONE Church then. There was unity of belief and worship.

And it was not the RCC, headquartered in Rome, ruled by a pope.
There are many churches now. And there is not unity of belief and worship. How is that biblical?
Unity is great, but not at the expense of the truth.

How is the way your church is run today, and the way it teaches so many unbiblical doctrines...biblical?

Last edited:
Scripture isn't the final/sole authority for the Christian

Yes it is.
and you don't have the authority to declare what doctrines are true and which ones are false.
Who gave the Bereans the authority to search the Scriptures daily, to see if what Paul had taught them was the truth? And to interpret those Scriptures according to what Paul taught them?

Back