About those LDS temples.....

dberrie2020

dberrie2020 said:
I don't find any scripture which states Christians will be judged according to what they want to do--but rather--what they actually do:

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

You keep saying we must obey God's commands to receive grace--right? SO--where is the command FROM GOD to build temples all over the world, in which to perform Mormon ordinances and covenants?

Why would you be interested in LDS temples--when you don't even believe the testimony of God--- given centuries ago?

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

That the LDS have a church founded upon the living, mortal apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone--is something you might not understand--nor anyone, who has a man-made church--named after a man.

Because of that--the Lord's church always has continuing revelation, because of the living, mortal apostles and prophets--which foundation they are built upon.

And the Lord's church also has a temple--just as the people of the God of the OT had--which saving ordinances were performed in.

Most churches couldn't build temples around the world, even if they wanted to, for two main reasons:

1) They aren't united enough in doctrine to do so. They haven't the focus to pull that off, IMO.
2) They don't have the resources to do so.

Ever wondered how a small church could do things even the larger churches aren't capable of?

After all, in Mormonism, the temple and what is done therein are the most important aspects of what passes for the "Gospel" in your church--aren't they?

The most important aspect of the LDS gospel is Christ's Atonement and resurrection. All of our doctrines revolve around the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

That the temple is an important aspect of Israel's past, and future--is a fact--and also plays a role in God's economy, as to the future of the NT church:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Revelation 11:1-2---King James Version
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Bonnie--I would leave the care of the temple to those who have a temple--and the living, mortal apostles and prophets. That church is capable.

Magdalena

Why would you be interested in LDS temples--when you don't even believe the testimony of God--- given centuries ago?

That the LDS have a church founded upon the living, mortal apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone--is something you might not understand--nor anyone, who has a man-made church--named after a man.

Because of that--the Lord's church always has continuing revelation, because of the living, mortal apostles and prophets--which foundation they are built upon.

And the Lord's church also has a temple--just as the people of the God of the OT had--which saving ordinances were performed in.

Most churches couldn't build temples around the world, even if they wanted to, for two main reasons:

1) They aren't united enough in doctrine to do so. They haven't the focus to pull that off, IMO.

Ever wondered how a small church could do things even the larger churches aren't capable of?

The most important aspect of the LDS gospel is Christ's Atonement and resurrection. All of our doctrines revolve around the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

That the temple is an important aspect of Israel's past, and future--is a fact--and also plays a role in God's economy, as to the future of the NT church:

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Bonnie--I would leave the care of the temple to those who have a temple--and the living, mortal apostles and prophets. That church is capable.

Whited sepulchres, false prophets, false apostles and false doctrines... the things Christ warned us about.

kpasa

The progression is all wrong, and that is another reason that the SLC LDS sect is clearly a (one) man-made religion. The 2nd Jewish temple was destroyed because believers would now become the 'temples' of God and houses of the Holy Spirit. In the Kingdom, then Jesus and the Father become the temples. The correct progression is to move towards the new and the spiritual in the Kingdom, not back to the old brick and mortar edifices that were temporary and frangible in this fallen world. The Jewish tabernacle and temples were for offering sacrifices to God, but now that Christ has become our eternal sacrifice and sits at the right hand of glory, the need for brick and mortar temples is unnecessary during this era of Grace. So, obviously the most important aspect of the LDS gospel is lacking in fundamental truths for this period of the existence of mankind. In truth, the purpose of Mormon temples is the exaltation of man and not God.

Magdalena

The progression is all wrong, and that is another reason that the SLC LDS sect is clearly a (one) man-made religion. The 2nd Jewish temple was destroyed because believers would now become the 'temples' of God and houses of the Holy Spirit. In the Kingdom, then Jesus and the Father become the temples. The correct progression is to move towards the new and the spiritual in the Kingdom, not back to the old brick and mortar edifices that were temporary and frangible in this fallen world. The Jewish tabernacle and temples were for offering sacrifices to God, but now that Christ has become our eternal sacrifice and sits at the right hand of glory, the need for brick and mortar temples is unnecessary during this era of Grace. So, obviously the most important aspect of the LDS gospel is lacking in fundamental truths for this period of the existence of mankind. In truth, the purpose of Mormon temples is the exaltation of man and not God.
Exactly. That’s what Eph. 2 talks about. And 2 Cor. 6. We are being built into the temple... the body of believers. And His Spirit dwells in us.

dberrie2020

The progression is all wrong, and that is another reason that the SLC LDS sect is clearly a (one) man-made religion. The 2nd Jewish temple was destroyed because believers would now become the 'temples' of God and houses of the Holy Spirit. In the Kingdom, then Jesus and the Father become the temples.

If that were true--why were the saints working night and day in the temple?

dberrie2020

Whited sepulchres, false prophets, false apostles and false doctrines... the things Christ warned us about.

And just where does God reveal His Temple is a "whited sepulchres" here?

Bonnie

Yes, whitewashed tombs, filled with unclean rituals done to a false God in the name of a false savior, the brother of Satan (!)...

Bonnie

Exactly. That’s what Eph. 2 talks about. And 2 Cor. 6. We are being built into the temple... the body of believers. And His Spirit dwells in us.
We are a temple of the Holy Spirit. Paul wrote in Acts 17 that God does NOT live in temples made by human hands....and Mormon temples ARE built by human hands, aren't they? They are monuments to blasphemy and heresy.

dberrie2020

We are a temple of the Holy Spirit.

How are you using that to preclude the temples here?

Just so one does not have the physical temples--as described above--in their church--does not mean those temples are not real temples.

I believe it's best to leave the temples, and their care and usage--to those who possess those temples--and are founded upon the foundation of the living, mortal apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone.

That way--the saints can serve God-- "day and night"-- in those temples.

Magdalena

Just so one does not have the physical temples--as described above--in their church--does not mean those temples are not real temples.

I believe it's best to leave the temples, and their care and usage--to those who possess those temples--and are founded upon the foundation of the living, mortal apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone.

Those temples were destroyed, and God said we are His temple now. The physical temple was not rebuilt. It‘s a new covenant. The gospel was laid out by Christ and His apostles as the foundation and cornerstone. A spiritual foundation and a spiritual cornerstone. God’s Holy Spirit dwells in us. That is what He said.

Magdalena

We are pleased to leave you to your day and night usage of your temples. However, we are obliged to tell you that its preventing you from doing what Christ actually said we should be doing.

Created

Here's the problem, God is not talking about Mormon Temples, but the rebuilt Temple in Israel before the Tribulation, LDS temples are nothing more than eye candy for those who have been duped into Mormonism. God has placed a strong delusion on this who suppress the truth, of which the LDS are guilty for following a con man, and NOT Jesus Christ ALONE!! Merry Christmas , in remembrance of the birth of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus...

brotherofJared

The progression is all wrong, and that is another reason that the SLC LDS sect is clearly a (one) man-made religion.
What is your point? What progression are you talking about?
The 2nd Jewish temple was destroyed because believers would now become the 'temples' of God and houses of the Holy Spirit.
Prove that was the reason the temple was destroyed. Was there ever a time when believers weren't temples of God and houses of the Holy Spirit?
In the Kingdom, then Jesus and the Father become the temples.
Uh-huh. We're going to worship inside the Father and Jesus's bodies? :rolleyes:
The correct progression is to move towards the new and the spiritual in the Kingdom, not back to the old brick and mortar edifices that were temporary and frangible in this fallen world.
LOL. Because you say that's the correct progression? It never worked before, why should it now?
The Jewish tabernacle and temples were for offering sacrifices to God
They were for a lot more than offering sacrifices. You make it sound like the temple was a butcher shop.
the need for brick and mortar temples is unnecessary during this era of Grace.
Again, there was never an era where Grace wasn't the saving gift of God. That was the point of Paul's statement in Eph 2:8-9. It never was by works of the law.

If the means of salvation changed, then God changed. The sacrifices performed in the temple never saved anyone. No one is making the argument that they did. But sacrifice wasn't the only thing they did in the temple. They also performed washing and anointings and endowments. Psalms 110 is a reflection on a coronation ceremony most likely performed in the temple where the king was first washed and anointed before he received this endowment.
So, obviously the most important aspect of the LDS gospel is lacking in fundamental truths for this period of the existence of mankind. In truth, the purpose of Mormon temples is the exaltation of man and not God.
LOL. No. The purpose of Mormon temples is to bring man closer to God which is the same purpose of the ancient temples. The difference between now and then is that back then, only a few received this washing and anointing and even fewer their endowments. Today, everyone can receive them, both men and women.

brotherofJared

Here's the problem, God is not talking about Mormon Temples
The problem is, your opinion about what God is talking about is irrelevant.
but the rebuilt Temple in Israel before the Tribulation
Where does it say where the temple will be rebuilt? How will one temple built by Jews meet this standard of worshipers? "a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages".

You can believe what you want, but your claim isn't supported by the scriptures.
LDS temples are nothing more than eye candy for those who have been duped into Mormonism.
More irrelevant opinion as is the rest of your post.

Bonnie

We are pleased to leave you to your day and night usage of your temples. However, we are obliged to tell you that its preventing you from doing what Christ actually said we should be doing.
Apparently Mormons don't know symbolism very well....but here is some more from Revelation:

Rev. 21--

The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb​

9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. 16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia[c] in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits[d] thick.[e] 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.[f] 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

22 I did NOT see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

We don't need temples anymore, in which to render sacred service to God, because each and every believer is a temple to God, indwelt by the Holy Spirit. We render sacred service to God with the sacrifice of thanksgiving, prayers, and praises.

Bonnie

The problem is, your opinion about what God is talking about is irrelevant.

Where does it say where the temple will be rebuilt? How will one temple built by Jews meet this standard of worshipers? "a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages".

You can believe what you want, but your claim isn't supported by the scriptures.

More irrelevant opinion as is the rest of your post.
"Temple" in Rev. 7 is symbolic---a fact that Mormons gloss over, because they want to believe their temples are biblical, when they are not--they are whitewashed tombs full of dead works done to a false god in the name of a false savior, the brother of Satan.

But DO note this from Rev. 21--"22 I did NOT see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. "

kpasa

What is your point? What progression are you talking about?

Prove that was the reason the temple was destroyed. Was there ever a time when believers weren't temples of God and houses of the Holy Spirit?

Uh-huh. We're going to worship inside the Father and Jesus's bodies? :rolleyes:

LOL. Because you say that's the correct progression? It never worked before, why should it now?

They were for a lot more than offering sacrifices. You make it sound like the temple was a butcher shop.

Again, there was never an era where Grace wasn't the saving gift of God. That was the point of Paul's statement in Eph 2:8-9. It never was by works of the law.

If the means of salvation changed, then God changed. The sacrifices performed in the temple never saved anyone. No one is making the argument that they did. But sacrifice wasn't the only thing they did in the temple. They also performed washing and anointings and endowments. Psalms 110 is a reflection on a coronation ceremony most likely performed in the temple where the king was first washed and anointed before he received this endowment.

LOL. No. The purpose of Mormon temples is to bring man closer to God which is the same purpose of the ancient temples. The difference between now and then is that back then, only a few received this washing and anointing and even fewer their endowments. Today, everyone can receive them, both men and women.
I don't believe that the above is a meaningful discussion of biblical principles found in the older and newer testaments. Fortunately, I have been delivered from the disability of having to read and exegete biblical teachings thru the tainted lens of a gnostic religion like mormonism. I was told in the 70's by both ward and stake leadership that I had to memorized all the signs, tokens, and penalties presented in the endowment in order to pass by some angelic guardians in order to "regain" or "re-enter" into the presence of my Father in Heaven (another kinky version of the Toll Houses heresies). I was also told that I had to be married for time and eternity in the temple in order to be able to reach the highest level in the celestial kingdom and be exalted to godhood. All of that was one lie after another that represented a perversion of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, and a rejection of the Blood shed by Jesus Christ on the cross. It actually represents the exaltation of man's works over and in spite of the blood of Christ, which again, IMO, is a vile perversion of the truth of the true Gospel of the real Jesus.

Magdalena

I don't believe that the above is a meaningful discussion of biblical principles found in the older and newer testaments. Fortunately, I have been delivered from the disability of having to read and exegete biblical teachings thru the tainted lens of a gnostic religion like mormonism. I was told in the 70's by both ward and stake leadership that I had to memorized all the signs, tokens, and penalties presented in the endowment in order to pass by some angelic guardians in order to "regain" or "re-enter" into the presence of my Father in Heaven (another kinky version of the Toll Houses heresies). I was also told that I had to be married for time and eternity in the temple in order to be able to reach the highest level in the celestial kingdom and be exalted to godhood. All of that was one lie after another that represented a perversion of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, and a rejection of the Blood shed by Jesus Christ on the cross. It actually represents the exaltation of man's works over and in spite of the blood of Christ, which again, IMO, is a vile perversion of the truth of the true Gospel of the real Jesus.

It’s nice to have another former mormon here.

kpasa

The above temples are in heaven. When the kingdom is restored to Israel during the millennium, there will be a temple in Jerusalen on Mount Zion where the Messiah will sit and where the ark used to reside (Ez. chs 40-48). When the New Jerusalem comes down, the Father and Yeshua are the temples therein (Rev ch 21). You need to read thru to the end of chapter 22.