About those temples....

I'm curious, how does she think the other half changes anything?
I explained HOW. Did you not read BOTH sentences, or just the first one?

The second sentence was a QUALIFIER...do you know what that means? This is what it means:

"Qualifiers and intensifiers are words or phrases that are added to another word to modify its meaning, either by limiting it (He was somewhat busy) or by enhancing it (The dog was very cute)." (from a UNC site)

So, my second sentence was to give more meaning and clarity to the first--that, although each believer is a holy temple to God, it is ONE temple, not millions. ONE.

I hope you get it, now.

Last edited:
The Mormon god couldn't sit on thrones in Mormon temples, anyway. He is a being of flesh and bone and he can only be in one place at a time. So, he would have to pick and choose which temple throne to sit on....maybe rotate them....
Mormon temples don’t have thrones.

I explained HOW. Did you not read BOTH sentences, or just the first one?

The second sentence was a QUALIFIER...do you know what that means? This is what it means:

"Qualifiers and intensifiers are words or phrases that are added to another word to modify its meaning, either by limiting it (He was somewhat busy) or by enhancing it (The dog was very cute)." (from a UNC site)

So, my second sentence was to give more meaning and clarity to the first--that, although each believer is a holy temple to God, it is ONE temple, not millions. ONE.

I hope you get it, now.
But how the first half was meaningless, the second half also. IOW, it didn't change anything.

But how the first half was meaningless, the second half also. IOW, it didn't change anything.
No, what I wrote is not meaningless. Certainly not to people who read what I wrote without LDS glasses on. Bolding only one statement, and not the the qualifying sentence that immediately followed, in order to make it appear I said something I did not, is being less than forthright. Because here again are the TWO sentences:

"Yes each and every believer is A temple to God by the indwelling HS. But it is ONE great temple, not millions." In my post no. 683. That is not the same thing--is it?"

Note the bolded part...so, no, these sentences are NOT meaningless--are they? And the second sentence does explain the first--doesn't it?

Last edited:
Nope, I'm not the "host", either.
CARM is the host (I guess you have difficulty reading for comprehension).

This forum is like getting together in a COFFEE shop in Texas.
Mormons don't get to claim, "home turf".
And just like any patron, you get kicked out if you misbehave. Isn't that right, Richard?
It doesn't' pay very well, but you certainly could apply to be the moderator of the Mormon Forum.... so much power... chuckle.

Back