According to the mormons....Jesus is not an incarnation of God, but is a separate being.

"Point number 5" isn't going to validate your false accusation here:

That's a false claim, period. The LDS believe the Word of God was Jesus Christ--and He was made flesh, and manifested Himself to mankind. Jesus Christ is also believed by the LDS to be the God of the OT.
Then it is overly obvious you disagree with the mormon in point 5.

"Point number 5" isn't going to validate your false accusation here:

That's a false claim, period. The LDS believe the Word of God was Jesus Christ--and He was made flesh, and manifested Himself to mankind. Jesus Christ is also believed by the LDS to be the God of the OT.
False teaching. There is only ONE God.

Isaiah 43:10
“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

I'm obedient....but not always. Are you always obedient?
Nope, but if one wants to stay on the Covenant Path he/she will to their best to be obedient, get baptized, keep all the ordinances and come unto Christ fully as in converting themselves to Him and His will...

Nope, but if one wants to stay on the Covenant Path he/she will to their best to be obedient, get baptized, keep all the ordinances and come unto Christ fully as in converting themselves to Him and His will...
Perhaps you can list al of the ordinances.

Perhaps you can list al of the ordinances.

The fact is--if anyone here could link ANY ordinance with God's grace--then the theology pushed here by the critics would be false--at once:

Acts 2:38---King James Version
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I'm obedient....but not always. Are you always obedient?

Who is obedient, or how often--has nothing to do with the testimony of the scriptures:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

And who is obedient or who isn't--has nothing to do with the reality of that truth. Truth always stands independent of all spheres or conditions which surround it.

Look at how Joseph Smith "translated" John 1:1-5 in the official JST:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made which was made. 4 In him was the gospel, and the gospel was the life, and the life was the light of men; 5 And the light shineth in the world, and the world perceiveth it not.
JST

It's clear to see and understand why Mormons are confused concerning the Christology of Jesus.

The fact is--if anyone here could link ANY ordinance with God's grace--then the theology pushed here by the critics would be false--at once:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ordinances were mentioned as a requirement by Richard7.....which seems to be pretty important for the mormons....and you can't list them?

How sad.

Who is obedient, or how often--has nothing to do with the testimony of the scriptures:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

And who is obedient or who isn't--has nothing to do with the reality of that truth. Truth always stands independent of all spheres or conditions which surround it.
From what I hear you say...if your not obedient...you don't have eternal life.

Now, your problem is that you often are not obedient....which means YOU don't have eternal life.

How sad.

How is that an different from the Biblical witness?

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9---King James Version
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Ordinances were mentioned as a requirement by Richard7.....which seems to be pretty important for the mormons....and you can't list them?

I listed an ordinance found in the Biblical text, and the LDS church--which connects an ordinance with God's grace:

Until you can recognize that truth, and that it explodes your theology, and agrees with LDS theology--then going forward with other ordinances isn't productive. If you disbelieve that testimony--then you would disbelieve any which followed, involving ordinances.

How is that an different from the Biblical witness?

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
But YOU, dberrie2020 don't obey the gospel of the true Lord Jesus Christ.

Now perhaps you may think you do so now and then....but what makes you think you obey the gospel enough to merit eternal life?

If you sin then you have not been obedient. If you say you don't sin...then you lie. If you lie than you haven't been obidient to the gospel and if you haven't been obedient to the gospel you don't have eternal life.

So sad for you.

I listed an ordinance found in the Biblical text, and the LDS church--which connects an ordinance with God's grace:

Until you can recognize that truth, and that it explodes your theology, and agrees with LDS theology--then going forward with other ordinances isn't productive. If you disbelieve that testimony--then you would disbelieve any which followed, involving ordinances.

Where does the bible teach how to be baptized? Where does the bible teach who can do the baptism?

The answer to those two questions is this....it doesn't. Do you understand that? It doesn't.

Now the question is, if baptism is a requirement....then why doesn't the bible teach about this "ordinance"?

But YOU, dberrie2020 don't obey the gospel of the true Lord Jesus Christ.

Sounds like sour grapes to me, and amounts to little less than a diversion of our exchange:

CrowCross said:

dberrie said---How is that an different from the Biblical witness?

Care to engage that?

Back