according to the saints, very very few make it to Heaven

I find nothing to indicate polycarp was a platonist. But he was not who I referred to.
I was referring to the list from the OP.

maybe you don’t want souls to meet Him?
Not at all. All souls will meet their Maker on Judgement Day. I'm just pointing out that one doesn't want to find out that they're damned on Judgement Day. Better to discover one's situation now while there's still time to do something about it. Then again, what can one do about it? After all, no one can work their way into heaven. Works will never save anyone. Nevertheless, it's better to be aware of God's will than willfully ignorant.
those in the list are not His saints.
What list? What's your point?

their loyalties were for the Greek system of gods (=satanic entities), disguised as christianity,
And yet it is Paul who refers to the pagan pantheon when he begins teaching them. He also quotes their pagan poets who then find their way into the New Testament. Were these pagan poets inspired by God when they said these things, or did they only become officially inspired after they were written in the bible?
exactly like the current pope.
Exactly like all Christians who quote pagan poets quoted in the New Testament.

example ‘saint’ augustine… his texts explicitly equate God with platonic forms and aristotelian substance.
You're conflating the structure or container with the contents. This is effectively no different than becoming legalistic. Your insistence on retaining dead forms, customs, traditions etc. doesn't allow for the gospel to expand beyond your own understanding. If we're going to go down that road, we might as well insist on circumcision, Sabbath observance, etc.

from Aramaic to Greek... nothing wrong with that
no i was referring to the syncretism of belief catholicism has.
the idea, expressed by catholicism that understanding god was an evolutionary process,
thus the greek view of gods could be absorbed into catholicism and not viewed as paganism.
and that plato was basically a proto catholic.

^^^ the above is wrong but I am showing what catholic scholarship expresses and what 'they say' is true. even though it is not.
this is also the same technique used in latin american countries..
allowing the continued worship of pagan gods, but under the cloak of christian words and terms.
it continues today.

You're conflating the structure or container with the contents. This is effectively no different than becoming legalistic. Your insistence on retaining dead forms, customs, traditions etc. doesn't allow for the gospel to expand beyond your own understanding. If we're going to go down that road, we might as well insist on circumcision, Sabbath observance, etc.
oh I'm not. actually Augustine explicitly states that the forms are God in his text Of Free Choice of the Will.

Not at all. All souls will meet their Maker on Judgement Day. I'm just pointing out that one doesn't want to find out that they're damned on Judgement Day. Better to discover one's situation now while there's still time to do something about it. Then again, what can one do about it? After all, no one can work their way into heaven. Works will never save anyone. Nevertheless, it's better to be aware of God's will than willfully ignorant.

What list? What's your point?
The post began with an OP. It contained the list. As I have clarified already.

Why not? Are our personal, fallible, interpretations of scripture any better than the Catholic Church?
Nope - BUT God promises that if anybody lacks WISDOM, let him ASK - singlemindedly, and wisdom will be given plentifully.

The "Holy ROman Catholic Church" doesn't appear to believe that the Holy SPirit speaks to anybody any more. He doesn't even lead your "College of Cardinals" (based in the results of the last papal election). Or Maybe the "powers that be" in Roman Catholicism are too busy defending their little kingdom to CARE what the Holy Spirit says.

And yet it is Paul who refers to the pagan pantheon when he begins teaching them. He also quotes their pagan poets who then find their way into the New Testament. Were these pagan poets inspired by God when they said these things, or did they only become officially inspired after they were written in the bible?

When he quoted the pagan poets he was speaking to those who believed these poets were inspired. Even someone who is not inspired by God can sometimes say something that is true about him. Paul used this to help his hearers to come to a fuller knowledge of the truth.

What could be easier than professing some Christian teachings, and being told you're saved?

Unfortunately this is what often happens. Someone makes a profession of faith and is told that he is now a Christian. Such a person is unlikely to repent of his sins because he doesn't believe he needs to repent.

When he quoted the pagan poets he was speaking to those who believed these poets were inspired.
No doubt about it. That's not the point. The point is were they inspired or not?
Even someone who is not inspired by God can sometimes say something that is true about him.
And when it finds its way into the New Testament? You still feel this is the case when Paul quotes them?
Paul used this to help his hearers to come to a fuller knowledge of the truth.
So were these pagan poets inspired or not? Does their poetry or philosophy become inspired only when it finds its way into the bible?

Unfortunately this is what often happens. Someone makes a profession of faith and is told that he is now a Christian.
They are Christians. That's what it means to profess one's faith.
Such a person is unlikely to repent of his sins because he doesn't believe he needs to repent.
No doubt about it. The critical thing to note here is the distinction between a profession of faith versus a confession of faith. The former is what one is taught to believe while the latter is what one has actually seen which is why they are referred to as a "witness".

so now we have established that your personal interpretations aren't any better than the CC.

Eph 3:10 so that the manifold WISDOM of God might now be made known THROUGH the CHURCH to the principalities and authorities in the heavens.
Except, of course that "THE CHURCH" doesn't apply to the "Roman Catholic Religious System" (or any othe visible Church Corporation) it's speaking of the Church of Jesus Christ as presented in the Bible.

Except, of course that "THE CHURCH" doesn't apply to the "Roman Catholic Religious System" (or any othe visible Church Corporation) it's speaking of the Church of Jesus Christ as presented in the Bible.
The Church gave us the Bible, not the other way around.

Back