Accountability

AND just when you KNOW IT CAN'T get any MORE RIDICULOUS!!!!

It does.

When a person is truly BORN AGAIN of the Holy Spirit in FAITH after being convicted of their SIN, and repenting of it in FAITH gifted by God (Eph2:8,9), they've entered into newness of life, old things have passed away (2 COr 5:17), and they're CLEANSED of all sin. Whether they were involved in Roman Catholic (or other religious system's) lies and foolishness before isn't even an issue in their NEW LIFE in Him.
Pure blather.
We are born again and brought into a covenantal relationship with God at baptism, at which we become sons and daughters of God and members of the Church.
To leave the Church is to be a prodigal son or daughter. There is no salvation outside the Father's house.

RiJoRi said:
Therefore, you have absolutely NO ASSURANCE that after you have done all the RCC demands you do, believe all that they teach, you will not wind up in Hell, just because your god was having a bad day or something! ? ?
Does anybody?
catholics don't have assurance, those who are Christians do have assurance.

Do you deny that God can do to anyone what He wants to do at the appointed time? He can whip any of us right down into hell if he wants too, just on general principles alone! (Now I don't believe He would do that because He is very merciful, but He could).
He can do what He says He can and will do. He clearly tells us what will happen to those who do not believe in and follow Him.

and He clearly tells us what will happen to those who do believe in and follow Him.

He can do what He says He can and will do. He clearly tells us what will happen to those who do not believe in and follow Him.

and He clearly tells us what will happen to those who do believe in and follow Him.
This is an easy question, a clear yes or no question. Can God do whatever He wants to each of us?

We are born again and brought into a covenantal relationship with God at baptism, at which we become sons and daughters of God and members of the Church.
no, the rebirth isn't by wet water baptism, but by the Living Water into Christ. it is not done by man, but by God Himself.

no, that happens in the rebirth - by God.

you can learn wonderous things by reading and understanding His word.

To leave the Church is to be a prodigal son or daughter. There is no salvation outside the Father's house.
no, you'd have to be His son or daughter first. being catholic makes no one His, it makes you a slave to the rcc men.

the rcc isn't His body or His church.

God is not the Father of the rcc. figure out who is. who is the Father of lies about God and His word? who lied to Eve?

mica said:

This is an easy question, a clear yes or no question. Can God do whatever He wants to each of us?
as long as it's according to His word.

Pure blather.
Yep baloney. God's church is spotless, your institution bears bad fruit making it the bad tree. It teaches another doctrine which means if one wants to know the truth, one leaves it.

He cannot go against His word that is for sure. He can do want He wants within His word.

2 Cor 12: 7+

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Rom 8: 1+

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you

1 Cor 1:28

28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord

Heb 13:5+

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”

6 So we say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”

So God can never forsake those He has saved.

Those who leave the Catholic Church more than likely were not properly catecized.
Bull. Standard pat answer you must believe. We have told you over and over it is because of what we have read in scripture and not what those well catechized nuns, brothers, priests and bishops and cardinals had us believe. Mormons use the same tactic. We former Catholics come from different parts of the county and the world and yet our stories match up. Do you really think we ALL just happened to get bad teaching from those who were supposedly well catechized to teach us? That is the scenario you must believe for your statement to be true.

Then again, considering who wrote the post......

And I'll repost something I had in the Mary thread. Oddly familiar with the question and the answer.

Here is an excerpt from Monergism web page discussing this issue.

The Catholic Church Teaches Salvation by Works​

Question: You mentioned something about how the Catholic Church teaches that salvation is through works. This is contrary to everything that I’ve discovered about the Catholic Church.
Answer: Many Catholics will not agree with you. They frankly admit that they hope to be saved by living a good life. They seek to obey the commandments, participate in the sacraments, go to church, do penance and give alms, recite prayers and so on, in order to merit salvation. In its official writings, the Catholic Church teaches that faith is important; but it also insists on the necessity of good works to merit eternal life. Please read carefully the following quotations from the Council of Trent on Justification:

You can read the rest of the quotes and article here: https://www.monergism.com/catholic-church-teaches-salvation-works

And that Answer is exactly what I believed following the teachings of those well catechized nuns, brothers, priests, bishops and cardinals. When I began reading the Bible and became biblically born again, it became obvious what was correct. It wasn't what I had been taught.

Those who leave the Catholic Church more than likely were not properly catecized.
?
WELCOME TO Catholic Responses 101
Techniques of the Apologist
## 1:- The "ex-Catholic" Maneuver
When dealing with anyone that has left our church, it is important that you immediately charge them with blatant ignorance of the Catholic Church and what she teaches.

You must charge this person with not ever being a real Catholic to begin with or never understanding what they were taught. This is very important.

It must be made clear to all listeners or lurkers that only ignorant people leave our faith.

That is the only possibility, right?

This maneuver must be used especially if they seem better informed than the average Catholic about Catholicism.
We never want any lurkers to ever get the idea that anyone would ever
leave Mother Church if they really, really understood her teachings.
If that means charging others [including RCC-approved teachers!] as ignorant, so be it.

We must break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Don't forget, Catholic, that God will forgive you.

Back