added a human nature

The Son added a human nature to His Divine Nature as God (equal with God, Equality with God)was His and did not need to reach or grasp it for it was His.

TRINITARIANS,

The Bible says a human nature is spirit and soul and body.

Was "a human nature" that the Son "added" CREATED?

It would seem that it could not have existed before if it was "added".

But I would like you to confirm.

P.S.

I believe just Jesus' body was created while YHWH God became the human spirit and soul of Jesus.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

TRINITARIANS,

WHERE?

P.S.

I believe just Jesus' body was created while YHWH God became the human spirit and soul of Jesus.

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Since Unitarians and others think Jesus' whole human nature was created...

My question was primarily aimed towards TRINITARIANS,

1 Thessalonians 5:23... Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:23... Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians does not say "a human nature is spirit and soul and body." You are imagining that notion into the text.

Kampioen

Jesus' human nature was added from Mary.

The human nature includes the body, soul and spirit. But in Jesus' case the soul/spirit contains the Word rather than a created the word as His awareness.

Jesus is a juxtaposition of two natures ie God/theWord under the influence of the non-omniscient human senses of the human nature while behind the scenes still upholding the universe.

That is the conclusion that reconciles Scriptures.

Jesus' human nature was added from Mary.

The human nature includes the body, soul and spirit. But in Jesus' case the soul/spirit contains the Word rather than a created the word as His awareness.

Jesus is a juxtaposition of two natures ie God/theWord under the influence of the non-omniscient human senses of the human nature while behind the scenes still upholding the universe.

That is the conclusion that reconciles Scriptures.

Is this what you meant to say...

"The human nature includes the body, soul and spirit. But in Jesus' case the soul/spirit contains the Word rather than a created the word as His awareness."

The highlighted part does not seem to be correct English.

Would you like to rephrase it?

"The human nature includes the body, soul and spirit. But in Jesus' case the soul/spirit contains the Word rather than a created the word as His awareness."

Best to keep it simple. The Son became a Man when The Holy Spirit conceived a body for The Man Jesus Christ.

Kampioen

It is what I meant to say. Perhaps quotes around "the word" (small w) would have improved it.

Binyawmene

TRINITARIANS,

P.S.

Hello YahChristian,

If God is the human spirit, then you have a incomplete human nature. Take for example of Apollinarianism, a Christology having the Divine Word replacing the human soul/spirit and incomplete human nature. The Hypostatic Union doesn't teach "Son added a human nature to His Divine Nature..." The "union" is in the Person (hypostasis) and not a union between the two natures. I believe the human nature was created and is impersonal "no independent subsistence of it own;," the human nature itself did not have independent existence outside of the union. There was no time intervals and inbetweens, but a simultaneous incarnation. Basically, the created human nature and the incarnation occurred in the same instance of time. Because the human nature doesn't exist prior to or apart from the Son-Person, and the human nature instantaneously exist in and through the Son-Person. The Son-Person who assumed his human nature and the properties to personal subsistence with himself becomes fully human, humanity/Man.

In "Systematic Theology," by Louis Berkhof stated: "At the same time it is not correct to speak of the human nature of Christ as impersonal. This is true only in the sense that his nature has no independent subsistence of it own. Strictly speaking, however, the human nature of Christ was not for a moment impersonal. The Logos assumed that nature into personal subsistence with Himself. The human nature has its personal existence in the person of the Logos.​

Hello YahChristian,

If God is the human spirit, then you have a incomplete human nature. Take for example of Apollinarianism, a Christology having the Divine Word replacing the human soul/spirit and incomplete human nature. The Hypostatic Union doesn't teach "Son added a human nature to His Divine Nature..." The "union" is in the Person (hypostasis) and not a union between the two natures. I believe the human nature was created and is impersonal "no independent subsistence of it own;," the human nature itself did not have independent existence outside of the union. There was no time intervals and inbetweens, but a simultaneous incarnation. Basically, the created human nature and the incarnation occurred in the same instance of time. Because the human nature doesn't exist prior to or apart from the Son-Person, and the human nature instantaneously exist in and through the Son-Person. The Son-Person who assumed his human nature and the properties to personal subsistence with himself becomes fully human, humanity/Man.

In "Systematic Theology," by Louis Berkhof stated: "At the same time it is not correct to speak of the human nature of Christ as impersonal. This is true only in the sense that his nature has no independent subsistence of it own. Strictly speaking, however, the human nature of Christ was not for a moment impersonal. The Logos assumed that nature into personal subsistence with Himself. The human nature has its personal existence in the person of the Logos.​
Hi there, good to see you back.

I think we agree on the nature of God for the most part(on the previous forum discussing Mark 13:32). My question to you is:

Was Jesus able to do miracles prior to His baptism when the Holy Spirit rested on Him? I say yes.

TRINITARIANS,

P.S.

Unfortunately for the false doctrine of the trins, the Greek word "ginomai", as in "and the Logos was made "ginomai" flesh, although used over 300 times in the NT is never translated to mean that one substance was only added to another while at the same time remaining distinct in both substances.

I have checked it out and the word simply doesn't mean this, not in it's definition and not in the context of any of the 671 times that the word is used in the NT.

For instance, the same Greek word "ginomai" is used when "Jesus made "ginomai" the water into wine and when he did, the water became wine and although water is in wine, the water did not remain distinct from the grapes when it was made wine and like trins say it was with the Divine nature remaining distinct from the human nature in Jesus when the Logos was made flesh.

Unfortunately for the false doctrine of the trins, the Greek word "ginomai", as in "and the Logos was made "ginomai" flesh, although used over 300 times in the NT is never translated to mean that one substance was only added to another while at the same time remaining distinct in both substances.

I have checked it out and the word simply doesn't mean this, not in it's definition and not in the context of any of the 671 times that the word is used in the NT.

For instance, the same Greek word "ginomai" is used when "Jesus made "ginomai" the water into wine and when he did, the water became wine and although water is in wine, the water did not remain distinct from the grapes when it was made wine and like trins say it was with the Divine nature remaining distinct from the human nature in Jesus when the Logos was made flesh.
IOW The Word BECAME a MAN.