Against KJV-Onlyism: Stop Usurping the Original Text

Absolutely.

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Which references Isa 53:7

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Notice how lamb and sheep are reversed in the KJV at Acts 8:32.....

I've always enjoyed aggravating Avery with these verses. He finally told me one time that Acts 8:32 corrected the OT reference.......

Not that he really cared.
Kudos for making the attempt, but you and I both know that's not what I meant. What I meant is that NOWHERE in the Bible did any of the Apostles, nor anyone else for that matter made any references to needing to check another translation, or the Greek/Hebrew for the meaning. Today, many people in the Churches have been taught the error of doing just that, and this is the very same practice as the FALSE PROPHET CULT GROUPS.

On another platform, I had engaged with some believers to refute Islam and reach out to people deceived by that false prophet group. I recall very vividly, how one Christian would hopscotch multiple translations, over and over and over again because he didn't like how one "said it", and/or :that one isn't correct", and he did he so much and so often, that he would even have to take a time out from speaking with certain individuals, to spend any length of time to do his hopscotching, and by the time he got back, everyone completely forgot what he was even talking about, that is, if they were able to keep up in the first place. Sadly, he lacked the faith to use The King James Bible and to TRUST GOD THE HOLY GHOST to convict the people, and so forth. This leaven has permeated so many Churches, and we all know that didn't fully take place until well after the 1990's. I remember the time when the majority of Christian Churches faithfully adhered to the infallibility and inerrancy of The King James Bible. That faithful generation is gone to be with the Lord.

I believe Jesus is God. I believe Jesus expressed His Divinity during the Incarnation. The Alexandrian text in John 1:18 is witnessed in the Syrian tradition. Which is part of the Byzantine pedigree.

Not that you know this. You don't. I'm trying to help you. Just admit that you've made mistakes. We all have. The best thing we can do is admit them and move on.
It's good that you believe that Jesus is God. He is LORD GOD ALMIGHTY IN THE FLESH! However, you have been beguiled from trusting the infallibility and inerrancy of The King James Bible 1611, and have been deceived into embracing the Egyptian Gnostic rewrites, of which we know are perversions of God's Holy Word.

Kudos for making the attempt, but you and I both know that's not what I meant.

That is not what you said.

What I meant is that NOWHERE in the Bible did any of the Apostles, nor anyone else for that matter made any references to needing to check another translation, or the Greek/Hebrew for the meaning. Today, many people in the Churches have been taught the error of doing just that, and this is the very same practice as the FALSE PROPHET CULT GROUPS.

Not true. Paul made an appeal to "documents" that were important to him.

2Ti 4:13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, also the books, and above all the parchments.

Paul references "biblio" or "books" and "parchments". The single use of "membrane" in the NT.

On another platform, I had engaged with some believers to refute Islam and reach out to people deceived by that false prophet group. I recall very vividly, how one Christian would hopscotch multiple translations, over and over and over again because he didn't like how one "said it", and/or :that one isn't correct", and he did he so much and so often, that he would even have to take a time out from speaking with certain individuals, to spend any length of time to do his hopscotching, and by the time he got back, everyone completely forgot what he was even talking about, that is, if they were able to keep up in the first place. Sadly, he lacked the faith to use The King James Bible and to TRUST GOD THE HOLY GHOST to convict the people, and so forth. This leaven has permeated so many Churches, and we all know that didn't fully take place until well after the 1990's. I remember the time when the majority of Christian Churches faithfully adhered to the infallibility and inerrancy of The King James Bible. That faithful generation is gone to be with the Lord.

Who are you kidding? Even Jack Hyles appealed to alternate renderings in the Greek construct. DA Waites does too. Why are you making so many demonstrably false claims?

We are talking about "VERSIONS" in context of Bibles. You are too. Have I said anything to those who believe Islam is true... here?

You are "poisoning the well"....

It's good that you believe that Jesus is God. He is LORD GOD ALMIGHTY IN THE FLESH! However, you have been beguiled from trusting the infallibility and inerrancy of The King James Bible 1611, and have been deceived into embracing the Egyptian Gnostic rewrites, of which we know are perversions of God's Holy Word.

You haven't dealt with a single example I've mentioned to you. All you are doing is repeating the same claim. Over and over again.

The most faithful rendering of John 1:18 explicitly calls Jesus Christ GOD.... it is one of the single greatest witnesses to the Character of God in Jesus Christ in the entire NT. It is unmistakable. This EXACTLY what John said in witness to Jesus Christ. The KJV is wrong.

You can't deny this. You're just repeating your false claim over and over again. That shows just how weak your position is.

Your preference in the KJV isn't helping you with Islam in John 1:18.

Do you see the Roman Catholic Church/Vatican. Watchtower Society, Seventh Day Adventists, and Mormons as being legit Christian denominations or as the Great Whore and her harlots, of which is what they truly are?
My eschatology is immaterial to the Bible version issue. Not only is that a digression into the weeds, but if you actually think the two issues are inextricably linked, then you are one of those whom Paul warns us about in scripture.

https://textusreceptusbibles.com/Interlinear/40009004

Clearly the KJV does not follow the Textus Receptus at Matthew 9:4.

Coverdale Bible 1535​

But when Iesus sawe their thoughtes, he sayde: wherfore thinke ye euill in youre hertes?.

Tyndale Bible 1534​

And whe Iesus sawe their thoughtes he sayd: wherfore thinke ye evill in youre hertes?

Wycliffe Bible 1382​

And whanne Jhesus hadde seyn her thouytis, he seide, Wherto thenken ye yuele thingis in youre hertis?

Wessex Gospels 1175​

þa se hælend ge-seah hire ge-þanc. þa cwæð he. to hwi þence ge yfel on eowren heorten

Bishops Bible 1568​

And whe Iesus saw their thoughtes, he sayde: Wherefore thynke ye euyll in your heartes?

Geneva Bible 1560/1599​

But when Iesus saw their thoughts, he said, Wherefore thinke yee euil things in your hearts?

The Great Bible 1539​

And when Iesus sawe their thoughtes, he sayde. Wherfore thyncke ye euyll in youre heartes?

Matthew's Bible 1537​

And when Iesus sawe theyr thoughtes, he sayed: wherfor thinke ye euill in your hertes?

Textus Receptus (Scrivener 1894)​

και ιδων ο ιησους τας ενθυμησεις αυτων ειπεν ινα τι υμεις ενθυμεισθε πονηρα εν ταις καρδιαις υμων

Textus Receptus (Elzevir 1624)​

και ιδων ο ιησους τας ενθυμησεις αυτων ειπεν ινα τι υμεις ενθυμεισθε πονηρα εν ταις καρδιαις υμων

Textus Receptus (Beza 1598)​

Textus Receptus (Stephanus 1550)​

https://textusreceptusbibles.com/Interlinear/40009004

Clearly the KJV does not follow the Textus Receptus at Matthew 9:4.

Coverdale Bible 1535​

But when Iesus sawe their thoughtes, he sayde: wherfore thinke ye euill in youre hertes?.

Tyndale Bible 1534​

And whe Iesus sawe their thoughtes he sayd: wherfore thinke ye evill in youre hertes?

Wycliffe Bible 1382​

And whanne Jhesus hadde seyn her thouytis, he seide, Wherto thenken ye yuele thingis in youre hertis?

Wessex Gospels 1175​

þa se hælend ge-seah hire ge-þanc. þa cwæð he. to hwi þence ge yfel on eowren heorten

Bishops Bible 1568​

And whe Iesus saw their thoughtes, he sayde: Wherefore thynke ye euyll in your heartes?

Geneva Bible 1560/1599​

But when Iesus saw their thoughts, he said, Wherefore thinke yee euil things in your hearts?

The Great Bible 1539​

And when Iesus sawe their thoughtes, he sayde. Wherfore thyncke ye euyll in youre heartes?

Matthew's Bible 1537​

And when Iesus sawe theyr thoughtes, he sayed: wherfor thinke ye euill in your hertes?

Textus Receptus (Scrivener 1894)​

Textus Receptus (Elzevir 1624)​

Textus Receptus (Beza 1598)​

Textus Receptus (Stephanus 1550)​

Not to mention the fact that he hasn’t even told us WHICH TR he thinks is the perfect words of God. Does he NOT know they differ?

My eschatology is immaterial to the Bible version issue. Not only is that a digression into the weeds, but if you actually think the two issues are inextricably linked, then you are one of those whom Paul warns us about in scripture.
No - Those FALSE PROPHET GROUPS, along with THE GREAT WHORE is where the LEAVEN of Gnostic rewrites of the Bible originates, as well as a ping pong practice of running to the Greek to redefine and wrest the Scriptures. Poop rolls downhill and Jezebel's servants brought that leaven into the Churches while they sowed division and discord.

Those groups are ALL operated by Devil worshiping Satanists. The Translators of The King James Bible 1611 were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT when they identified the R.C.C. as being THE GREAT WHORE!

No - Those FALSE PROPHET GROUPS, along with THE GREAT WHORE is where the LEAVEN of Gnostic rewrites of the Bible originates, as well as a ping pong practice of running to the Greek to redefine and wrest the Scriptures. Poop rolls downhill and Jezebel's servants brought that leaven into the Churches while they sowed division and discord.

Those groups are ALL operated by Devil worshiping Satanists. The Translators of The King James Bible 1611 were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT when they identified the R.C.C. as being THE GREAT WHORE!
All irrelevant to the issue of Bible versions. You are a false prophet.

.... when they identified the R.C.C. as being THE GREAT WHORE!
I think the Papacy/hierarchy and their agents are rather identified as the "Great Whore."For you'd have trouble identifying the RCC rank and file as any kind of generic spiritual whore, otherwise every protestant within the RCC (and there have been many and there remain many) would also be the "Great Whore."

I recommend learning Bible history from Jewell Smith;

I recommend learning Bible history from the prefaces of the Bibles themselves, from Wycliffe up to the KJV. Then I’d recommend learning the history of the various printed editions.

Then I’d recommend you compare each edition of the TR.

Then compare each Bible from Wycliffe to the KJV.

If you study all of that honestly, you won’t remain KJVO.

Matthew 9:4 replace “knowing” with “seeing”

Okay, I just went and compared the passages containing the phrase, "knowing their thoughts" between the Critical text, the TR, and the MT, and this is what I found:

Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (CT)
Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (TR)
Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (MT)

Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (CT)
Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (TR)
Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (CT)
Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (TR)
Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (CT)
Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν, (TR)
Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (CT)
Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (TR)
Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (MT)

Can someone please explain the problem to me?
Because I simply don't see it.

Last edited:
I recommend learning Bible history from the prefaces of the Bibles themselves, from Wycliffe up to the KJV. Then I’d recommend learning the history of the various printed editions.

Then I’d recommend you compare each edition of the TR.

Then compare each Bible from Wycliffe to the KJV.

If you study all of that honestly, you won’t remain KJVO.
Tell you something else that is true. In 2011, there was a MASS EXODUS of YOUTH that FLED the Churches. The Covid19 (2020-2021) related shutdown of many Churches can't even begin to touch the number of the youth that fled in 2011.

In addition to that, since 1997 onward to this day, 99% of ALL movies deliberately blaspheme Jesus Christ's holy name as a curse word, while propagating the things of the Occult, be it Yoga, Psychics, Witchcraft, and so much more, as well as the lifting up of Buddhism, Islam, and the Mormons.

There are YouTubers (young men) that have millions of followers, that have numerous videos where they emulate the same blasphemies against the holy name of The Lord Jesus Christ, as is exemplified in the movies. The millions of followers, that span from 5 million to 25 million are school aged American children to College aged young adults. There is one that is an ex-JW, but still lost, that has repeated blasphemed Jesus Christ while openly proclaiming to not believe in Jesus, but yet, paid homage lip service to the Mormons.

In the meantime, Jezebel's servants (Satanists) have been interviewed several times on International News stations, by News Anchors, such as Piers Morgan and others, not to mention Tucker Carlson, as they had declared before the entire world, their intent to take full control of The United States of America away from Christians. This is on the heels of their successful Court cases, whereby they sued for the removal of the Ten Commandments from Public Institutions, as well as the removal of crosses.

Oh, how much America has digressed since they kicked God, Prayer, and The King James Bible out of Public Schools.

Do you suppose that maybe you could find the passage where the LORD said that the nations that forget Him will be taken captive in confusion? What do you suppose has been some of the leading and greatest contributing factors (stumbling blocks) that led to the mass exodus of the youth from the Churches? Could it be a combination of the in fighting, pedophiles, rewritten Bibles, lack of sound doctrine being taught and preached from the pulpits; the embracement of open sin, such as openly practicing LGBTQ into positions of leadership? Can you cite some other stumbling blocks? Also, how much longer do you suppose it will be before the Satanists completely take control of the U.S.A.?

The KJV does not follow the Textus Receptus at Matthew 9:4. Check all of the Reformation Bibles from the Greek. They read as the Textus Receptus. They read "seeing" not "knowing" like the KJV.

This attack on the AV text was all dissected last year, in five posts from p. 4 to 7.

Well you dug up some interesting info, (I missed the variant on the John Hurt GNT site) but you have misinterpreted the facts on the ground.

===============

Remember, I showed you that the Greek Majority English agrees with the AV.

4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?
http://www.majoritytext.com/matthew.htm

===============

Similarly the F35 Greek of Wilbur Pickering (one of the Greek Majority Texts) is online and it has the variant that you wrongly claim is not strong in the Greek line.

Family F35
https://textusreceptusbibles.com/MTF35/40/9

===============

Greek Orthodox Church
καὶ εἰδὼς ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν εἶπεν· Ἵνα τί ὑμεῖς ἐνθυμεῖσθε πονηρὰ ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις ὑμῶν;
http://textus-receptus.com/wiki/Matthew_9:4

Not sure yet what edition is this GOC.

===============

Stephanus - ιδων
F35, Greek Orthodox - ειδως.

===============

More time could be spent checking TR editions, but since your basic claim is falsified, I will pass.
Ok, here is a bit.

Hoskier shows the ειδως. variant first.
https://archive.org/details/afullaccountandc00hoskuoft/page/n196/mode/1up

================

The only real question is whether the learned men of the AV were using the variant ειδως. strong in the Greek ms. line, or were giving a contextual translation of ιδων, or both.

Okay, I just went and compared the passages containing the phrase, "knowing their thoughts" between the Critical text, the TR, and the MT, and this is what I found: ….

There was no problem.

All irrelevant to the issue of Bible versions. You are a false prophet.
I missed seeing this before responding to your other post. This is very close to causing me to reject you as a heretick per Titus 3:10-11 But I will try once more.

The afore mentioned groups are operated by Satanists. They have factions of Gnostics that are responsible for the rewritten Bibles, including those used by the R.C.C., Watchtower Society, Mormons, and SDA.

A few years ago, I met a young man at a store, who had helped me with loading product. I spoke with the man in-depth about truth of Jesus; shared the Gospel, and much more. In the end, he became very arrogant, and completely rejected Jesus and the Gospel for salvation. I will never forget the smirk he had on his face as he, in his own self delusion, delightfully walked away while being smug. I have had other like encounters with similar people, and it's not uncommon to find them professing to be Christians.

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to love the Lord our God, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. The Lord also instructed us to speak TRUTH with one another. Do you know where to find that in The Holy Bible? Furthermore, Apostle John also gave clear instruction in his epistles, including that children of God will hear one another, but the world will not hear us. And that any man that hates his brother has neither the Father, not the Son, but abides in darkness.

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Okay, I just went and compared the passages containing the phrase, "knowing their thoughts" between the Critical text, the TR, and the MT, and this is what I found:

Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (CT)
Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (TR)
Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (MT)

Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (CT)
Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (TR)
Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (CT)
Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (TR)
Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (CT)
Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν, (TR)
Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (CT)
Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (TR)
Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (MT)

English word choice.

I missed seeing this before responding to your other post. This is very close to causing me to reject you as a heretick per Titus 3:10-11 But I will try once more.

The afore mentioned groups are operated by Satanists. They have factions of Gnostics that are responsible for the rewritten Bibles, including those used by the R.C.C., Watchtower Society, Mormons, and SDA.

A few years ago, I met a young man at a store, who had helped me with loading product. I spoke with the man in-depth about truth of Jesus; shared the Gospel, and much more. In the end, he became very arrogant, and completely rejected Jesus and the Gospel for salvation. I will never forget the smirk he had on his face as he, in his own self delusion, delightfully walked away while being smug. I have had other like encounters with similar people, and it's not uncommon to find them professing to be Christians.

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to love the Lord our God, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. The Lord also instructed us to speak TRUTH with one another. Do you know where to find that in The Holy Bible? Furthermore, Apostle John also gave clear instruction in his epistles, including that children of God will hear one another, but the world will not hear us. And that any man that hates his brother has neither the Father, not the Son, but abides in darkness.

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
In religion, there are many heretics, and heretics have included those who use the KJV. It is wrong to link "orthodoxy" with the KJV.

In England, after 1611, the Anglican church, which used the KJV, was initially a persecuting church in seeking to enforce uniformity according to the rites of the Church of England, and especially against the Presbyterians and non-conformists. The CofE was spured on by the monarchs of the day.

Eg. Archbishop of Cantebury William Laud used the notorious Star chamber to prosecute his theological opponents including William Prynne, who was convicted of seditious libel along with John Bastwick and Henry Burton. These had their ears cropped and faces branded. Prynne reinterpreted the "SL" ("Seditious Libeller") branded on his forehead as "Stigmata Laudis". Charles II especially persecuted the presbyterian clergy and expelled them from their livings in the CofE.

Certainly very heretical groups often use heretical scriptures, but that cannot be an argument for using the KJV, which has many errors in it.

Last edited:
Back