Against KJV-Onlyism: Stop Usurping the Original Text

I recommend learning Bible history from Jewell Smith;
Jewell Smith did not accurately teach the history of Bible translations.
Can you show me an example anywhere in the Scriptures, where ANYONE "improved the Bible"?
The word of God had been translated into English many years before 1611.
Are you claiming that the Church of England makers of the KJV did not improve upon the pre-1611 English Bible when they made hundreds of changes and revisions to it?

Did the Church of England makers of the KJV improve the pre-1611 English Bible when they changed some renderings in it to renderings more favorable to Church of England episcopal church government views?

Jewell Smith did not accurately teach the history of Bible translations.

The word of God had been translated into English many years before 1611.
Are you claiming that the Church of England makers of the KJV did not improve upon the pre-1611 English Bible when they made hundreds of changes and revisions to it?

Did the Church of England makers of the KJV improve the pre-1611 English Bible when they changed some renderings in it to renderings more favorable to Church of England episcopal church government views?
Rick, you are a proven defender of Freemasonry, which is Satanism! How about we have a serious discussion about this in the Freemasonry section, and I WILL PROVE IT! Feel free to invite your friends, JonC, the 32 degree Mason from B.B., along with John of Japan, the great grandson of John R. Rice. And we can let the Christians here determine which one of us is telling the truth.

In religion, there are many heretics, and heretics have included those who use the KJV. It is wrong to link "orthodoxy" with the KJV.

In England, after 1611, the Anglican church, which used the KJV, was initially a persecuting church in seeking to enforce uniformity according to the rites of the Church of England, and especially against the Presbyterians and non-conformists. The CofE was spured on by the monarchs of the day.

Eg. Archbishop of Cantebury William Laud used the notorious Star chamber to prosecute his theological opponents including William Prynne, who was convicted of seditious libel along with John Bastwick and Henry Burton. These had their ears cropped and faces branded. Prynne reinterpreted the "SL" ("Seditious Libeller") branded on his forehead as "Stigmata Laudis". Charles II especially persecuted the presbyterian clergy and expelled them from their livings in the CofE.

Certainly very heretical groups often use heretical scriptures, but that cannot be an argument for using the KJV, which has many errors in it.
Hereticks are lost and unregnerated. I agree that there are lots of hereticks that tout a kjvo position. I have encountered many of them over the last several years while defending The King James Bible 1611. Thank you for sharing what you have here. While I am not fully aware of the role of William Laud, I am aware that some 90 years after God gave us The King James Bible, there was a tare (Freemason) that usurp position as Archbishop of Cantebury. I have documented proof of that somewhere in my files. The Freemasons are Jezebels servants, and they have usurped many positions within our Christian Denominations to bring in damnable heresies.

Okay, I just went and compared the passages containing the phrase, "knowing their thoughts" between the Critical text, the TR, and the MT, and this is what I found:

Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (CT)
Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (TR)
Matt. 9:4 καὶ ἰδὼν ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (MT)

Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (CT)
Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (TR)
Matt. 12:25 εἰδὼς δὲ ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τὰς ἐνθυμήσεις αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (CT)
Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ Ἰησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (TR)
Luke 5:22 ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὁ ᾿Ιησοῦς τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (CT)
Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν, (TR)
Luke 6:8 αὐτὸς δὲ ᾔδει τοὺς διαλογισμοὺς αὐτῶν (MT)

Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (CT)
Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (TR)
Luke 11:17 αὐτὸς δὲ εἰδὼς αὐτῶν τὰ διανοήματα (MT)

Can someone please explain the problem to me?
Because I simply don't see it.
Others hid the truth from you. AntiMason had said the KJV followed the Textus Receptus. We pointed out one place where it didn't follow any edition of the Textus Receptus.

9:4. Read "seeing" instead of "knowing". S B E G T A W WHm NA HF

Abbreviations

Rick, you are a proven defender of Freemasonry, which is Satanism! How about we have a serious discussion about this in the Freemasonry section, and I WILL PROVE IT! Feel free to invite your friends, JonC, the 32 degree Mason from B.B., along with John of Japan, the great grandson of John R. Rice. And we can let the Christians here determine which one of us is telling the truth.
We notice that you failed to answer Rick's questions to you. If you don't know anything about Bible translation, just say so!

Hereticks are lost and unregnerated. I agree that there are lots of hereticks that tout a kjvo position. I have encountered many of them over the last several years while defending The King James Bible 1611. Thank you for sharing what you have here. While I am not fully aware of the role of William Laud, I am aware that some 90 years after God gave us The King James Bible, there was a tare (Freemason) that usurp position as Archbishop of Cantebury. I have documented proof of that somewhere in my files. The Freemasons are Jezebels servants, and they have usurped many positions within our Christian Denominations to bring in damnable heresies.
Seriously? I don't believe your claim.

Seriously? I don't believe your claim.
What part do you not believe? What I stated about Freemasonry being Satanism? Freemasons are Jezebel's servants that have usurped positions in the Church Denominations, and that they bring in damnable heresies? If so, then why not? Are you a Mason and/or have family that are Masons?

It appears that someone is a mocker and continues to demonstrate no love for truth.
YOUR “truth” amounts to nothing more than the ignorant babbling of a false prophet who needs to twist and wrest scripture in order to indoctrinate others into belief in one version onlyism. (A belief your pure KJV translators rejected, btw)

What part do you not believe? What I stated about Freemasonry being Satanism? Freemasons are Jezebel's servants that have usurped positions in the Church Denominations, and that they bring in damnable heresies? If so, then why not? Are you a Mason and/or have family that are Masons?
I believe you have a reading comprehension problem. You said... somewhere in my files ... Read what you said.

I haven't seen any proof from you on anything. Just unsubstantiated claims of freemasonry this and freemasonry that. IFBdom is largely a cult of its own. I don't support Freemasonry but this is ridiculous.

You remind me of someone I know. They blame everything wrong with them on a grandparent that supposedly used them in some freemason ritual when they were a child. They refuse to admit that.... The problem is really THEM.....

You are your own worst enemy. A gentle reminder, please realize that it will be YOU that answers for YOUR actions when you face God. Blaming others never gets you anywhere with God.

The CofE seems to have had a very lassez faire attitude to freemasonry, at least In the 20th century. It seems that Freemasonry may have begun with the Knights Templars, who emigrated to Scotland, but also to England. King James VI, in whose name the KJV was created, may well have been one. Sir Francis Bacon who was an editor of the King James version of the Bible was perhaps also a Freemason who left masonic marks on the first edition (so I have read).

The First Freemason's Grand Lodge was only founded in London in 1717. After a quick google search, I can't find any record of other freemasons as Archbishops of Canterbury so I would be interested to know whom you allude to. Freemasonry seems to have especially taken off in a big way in the 18th century, and is largely commensurate with the reign of the KJV on both sides of the Atlantic.

In the early 1950s, both King George VI (the Head of the Church of England) and his compatriot Geoffrey Fisher (Archbishop of Canterbury) were Freemasons. Further, "while the Roman Catholic Church has made unequivocal statements against Freemasonry, the Church of England has consistently refrained from doing so and it remains acceptable for Anglican clergy to hold Masonic membership. However, the personal views of the leadership of the Church of England may have changed over the past 50 years. In the early 1950s, Archbishop Geoffrey Fisher was a Freemason. In 2002, the incoming Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, was reported in The Independent (15 November) and in The Guardian (16 November) to have reservations about Freemasonry." T. ap Sioˆn, L. J. Francis & C. Windsor, "How Anglican Clergy perceive Freemasonry."

Yet I'm none too clear as to any tangible connection between freemasonry and the KJV. I opine, without knowing much about it, that it is very likely that Freemasonry is not compatible with Christianity, as supervening the rule of faith and compromising personal allegiance to Christ, and thus would be incompatible with holding any kind of church office (the CofE is to be deprecated in this respect).

Yet to make out that the only heretics are "freemasons" is nonsense, and to make out that a naive rank-and-file Freemason is akin to a fully-fledged devil-worshipper is also nonsense. However like you I do have deep reservations about Freemasonry, as being an entry into the occult world, and as a secret society protecting morally wicked and powerful individuals from exposure. Yet it seems that you may be making unsubstantiable conspiratorial (dis)connections between the KJV and Freemasonry, which are in substance completely unrelated topics. I would be interested in knowing your rationale for relating them.

Last edited:
No - Those FALSE PROPHET GROUPS, along with THE GREAT WHORE is where the LEAVEN of Gnostic rewrites of the Bible originates,
You obviously don’t know anything about the Vulgate and Rheims NT readings that the KJV translators used (a breach of one of their rules for translating).

If you’re going to use the dumb “leaven” argument, be prepared to abandon your previous KJV altogether.

as well as a ping pong practice of running to the Greek to redefine and wrest the Scriptures.
You mean like KJVs do at 1 John 5:7, when they run to the “great whore’s” LATIN?

Are you of the opinion that we should correct the languages in which the Bible was originally written with 1611 ENGLISH?

Those groups are ALL operated by Devil worshiping Satanists.
Says you. Why should anyone trust your opinion?

The Translators of The King James Bible 1611 were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT when they identified the R.C.C. as being THE GREAT WHORE!
Why don’t you acquaint yourself with the Lateran Councils. Roman Catholics themselves had been identifying the pope and his church as the antichrist and whore, prior to Martin Luther — and there was no KJV.

As I said, the version issue and eschatology have nothing to do with each other. To assert otherwise is to run a fool’s errand.

Back