Alabama’s COVID positivity rate now highest in nation

Backup

Alabama is the least vaccinated state and has the highest COVID positivity rate.

Everything about this is predictable.

TeabagSalad

I can't remember where I read it, but all of the wars fought by the USA (since 1775) a total of about 660,000 military personnel have been killed in action.

COVID has killed 628,000 people, with another 300+ people dying each day.

In short COVID has killed almost as many Americans as all the wars the USA has ever fought. And, there are still people too selfish to get vaccinated.

Gondwanaland

Alabama is the least vaccinated state and has the highest COVID positivity rate.

Everything about this is predictable.
Positivity rate is an utterly meaningless metric now. Especially after that CDC release today showing that 74 percent of people in Massachusetts' latest outbreak are fully vaccinated.

Gondwanaland

I can't remember where I read it, but all of the wars fought by the USA (since 1775) a total of about 660,000 military personnel have been killed in action.

In short COVID has killed almost as many Americans as all the wars the USA has ever fought. And, there are still people too selfish to get vaccinated.
Not sure who in the world told you that. But they either don't know what they're talking about, or hoped (rightly) that you wouldn't know that they're feeding you lies.

Over 1.35 million Americans have been killed in wars. Hell, the Civil War itself is estimated at 655k deaths, so whoever you heard that from is lying their butt off or braindead-clueless.

And that's not even counting the fact that covid deaths are inflated.

Backup

Positivity rate is an utterly meaningless metric now. Especially after that CDC release today showing that 74 percent of people in Massachusetts' latest outbreak are fully vaccinated.
Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.

The vaccine doesn’t prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses.

vibise

Not sure who in the world told you that. But they either don't know what they're talking about, or hoped (rightly) that you wouldn't know that they're feeding you lies.

Over 1.35 million Americans have been killed in wars. Hell, the Civil War itself is estimated at 655k deaths, so whoever you heard that from is lying their butt off or braindead-clueless.

And that's not even counting the fact that covid deaths are inflated.
The covid death count is actually an undercount according to experts.

Whateverman

Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.

The vaccine doesn’t prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses.
and death.

They're trying very hard to misunderstand everything they've been told. The COVID vaccines perform the same function as the flu vaccine: they make you more resistant to <X>, and lessen the severity of <X> should you get sick from it. They don't keep the virus out of your system, and they don't make you immune to it.

They also don't work against every strain of <X>. During a typical <X> season, if <X> transmission / infection is high, new strains can develop, and some of them may indeed be resistant to the available vaccine(s). This is more likely to happen if the number of unvaccinated is high.

This is why - with a novel virus - getting vaccinated is more important than it would be with a virus we know/understand well.

Gondwanaland

The covid death count is actually an undercount according to experts.
It's an overcount according to the fact that once states start counting deaths the way they do flu (deaths FROM flu instead of deaths while testing positive for flu), their numbers drop, often by 20 or 25 percent. About a year ago my state of Colorado started reporting numbers honestly after numerous of our local medical examiners and others got on their arse about dishonest reporting (including one case where a person literally drank themselves to death with an insane blood alcohol level, and the ME correctly reported it as an alcohol poisoning death, yet it was recorded by the state as a covid death because he had a positive covid test), and our death totals after being forced by honest people to report deaths correctly, dropped by 25 percent. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT. If in my profession I was that far off in my estimates, I'd likely be fired, and people would probably be dead.

Gondwanaland

and death.

They're trying very hard to misunderstand everything they've been told. The COVID vaccines perform the same function as the flu vaccine: they make you more resistant to <X>, and lessen the severity of <X> should you get sick from it. They don't keep the virus out of your system, and they don't make you immune to it.

They also don't work against every strain of <X>. During a typical <X> season, if <X> transmission / infection is high, new strains can develop, and some of them may indeed be resistant to the available vaccine(s). This is more likely to happen if the number of unvaccinated is high.

This is why - with a novel virus - getting vaccinated is more important than it would be with a virus we know/understand well.
Except the post he was responding to didn't 'misunderstand' anything (it was my post). I stated simply that case positivity is a useless metric at this point due to the fact that vaccinated people can and do get the virus (in MA's case, 74 percent of people with the virus had it).

And since vaccinated people and naturally immune people (the latter of whom appear less likely to get it than vaccinated) can still get the virus but are unlikely to get seriously ill or die, positivity rates are meaningless as they do not look at anything important or tell us anything useful.

vibise

It's an overcount according to the fact that once states start counting deaths the way they do flu (deaths FROM flu instead of deaths while testing positive for flu), their numbers drop, often by 20 or 25 percent. About a year ago my state of Colorado started reporting numbers honestly after numerous of our local medical examiners and others got on their arse about dishonest reporting (including one case where a person literally drank themselves to death with an insane blood alcohol level, and the ME correctly reported it as an alcohol poisoning death, yet it was recorded by the state as a covid death because he had a positive covid test), and our death totals after being forced by honest people to report deaths correctly, dropped by 25 percent. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT. If in my profession I was that far off in my estimates, I'd likely be fired, and people would probably be dead.
The claim that the current numbers represent an undercount comes from the fact that the unusual spike in deaths during the pandemic have far exceeded the covid count, and from the fact that many deaths, especially in the early stages of the pandemic and of people who died at home, were not counted as covid deaths because no tests were done.a

Sure there were some cases like the one you cite, but they are few.

Gondwanaland

The claim that the current numbers represent an undercount comes from the fact that the unusual spike in deaths during the pandemic have far exceeded the covid count, and from the fact that many deaths, especially in the early stages of the pandemic and of people who died at home, were not counted as covid deaths because no tests were done.a
Wow, a spike in deaths during a time where people were forced to stay in their homes, not allowed to go to their doctors over a made up fear by lockdown designers that there would be overwhelemed hospitals, people so afraid due to scaremongering by the media that they avoided going to the hospital for heart attack symptoms, stroke symptoms, etc., and you bloody wonder why there was a spike in deaths?

Yeah, vibise, there were a lot of extra deaths due to poor policies of people who supported lockdowns and doctor restrictions (like yourself). Heart attacks, strokes, suicides over loss of jobs/income/family members, child abuse deaths and spousal abuse deaths due to people being forced to stay home for weeks with abusive family members, people who didn't get treatment for their cancer, people who didn't get diagnosed with cancer early due to cancer diagnostics being 'non essential' (I didn't get to go in for my yearly screening as a cancer survivor until 6 months after I was supposed to. A friend in my cancer survivor's group didn't either. I got lucky. He didn't, and his cancer is so advanced now due to that policy, he's not likely to make it). Yeah, there were a hell of a lot of excess deaths due to folks like you.
Sure there were some cases like the one you cite, but they are few.
25 percent of a state's cases is not 'few'. At least one other state saw a similar drop when they similarly changed methods to only counting deaths FROM covid . And IIRC LA county found another similar 20 percent drop.

Backup

Except the post he was responding to didn't 'misunderstand' anything (it was my post). I stated simply that case positivity is a useless metric at this point due to the fact that vaccinated people can and do get the virus (in MA's case, 74 percent of people with the virus had it).

And since vaccinated people and naturally immune people (the latter of whom appear less likely to get it than vaccinated) can still get the virus but are unlikely to get seriously ill or die, positivity rates are meaningless as they do not look at anything important or tell us anything useful.
Are you getting your talking points from the Federalist?

Right-wing propaganda is so dumb. If a vaccinated person gets an infection, their body will attack and kill it. If an unvaccinated person gets it, it will stay in them and will spread to others and make them sick.

“Vaccines mostly protect people from developing disease, not infection,” Gallagher said.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

You are such a child.

Unvaccinated people represent 96.2 percent of COVID-19 deaths in Alabama since April.

Which, again, has nothing to do with the uselessness of positivity rates as a metric. Are you dumb or do you just play an idiot on the internet? What is hard to grasp here?

Gondwanaland

Are you getting your talking points from the Federalist?
Ate you incapable of reading basic english?
Right-wing propaganda is so dumb. If a vaccinated person gets an infection, their body will attack and kill it.
That's literally what I said you nitwit.. which is why positivity rate is a useless metric.
f an unvaccinated person gets it, it will stay in them and will spread to others and make them sick.
Brilliant deduction rewording what I said.
“Vaccines mostly protect people from developing disease, not infection,” Gallagher said.

Literally making my point for me. Vaccines don't stop infection. Hence why positivity rates are a useless metric. You seriously cannot be this braindead

Backup

Literally making my point for me. Vaccines don't stop infection. Hence why positivity rates are a useless metric. You seriously cannot be this braindead
no

I explaining why your point is stupid.

Unvaccinated people don’t have the ability to fight off the virus, so obviously …obviously, the positivity rate will be higher in places where they spread plague.

Gondwanaland

no

I explaining why your point is stupid.
Except you proved my point.
Unvaccinated people don’t have the ability to fight off the virus, so obviously …obviously, the positivity rate will be higher in places where they spread plague.
Except positivity rates are also high in places like Massachusetts where 74 percent of the positive tests come from vaccinated people.

Hence why positivity numbers are utterly useless as a metric. They mean nothing, because anyone can test positive. Hospitalizations and deaths are at least somewhat informative as metrics. Positivity rates are not, because ANYONE can test positive, whether they have a vaccine or not. Reporting that rate gives no meaningful information. How are you this dense?

Howie

In short COVID has killed almost as many Americans as all the wars the USA has ever fought.

Lol. Your numbers are wrong.
And, there are still people too selfish to get vaccinated.
Biden and Co., and you who support them, are more selfish in bringing COVID infected people across the border and hiding them away among the American population ... 🙄

vibise

Lol. Your numbers are wrong.

Biden and Co., and you who support them, are more selfish in bringing COVID infected people across the border and hiding them away among the American population ... 🙄
Even if that is happening, and I do not believe that, how does that excuse the Americans who continue to refuse to get vaccinated?

Howie

Even if that is happening, and I do not believe that, how does that excuse the Americans who continue to refuse to get vaccinated?
I have a right not to get vaccinated, or to get vaccinated.

How is Biden excused for bringing into the country people who are COVID positive and then sending out into the population? He's scum for doing that. That is much worse than me not getting vaccinated. Besides, I had a severe case of COVID pneumonia in November and have immunity.