Alas, religious fundamentalists

mica

Given that I was a christian, and I know a great deal about Jesus, who is also NOT watching me....
Many people think they are Christian (or were a Christian), but aren't (and weren't). how did you become a Christian? What does being a 'Christian' mean to you?

Mr Laurier

I would read that one last. Lewis had a photographic memory so he could literally tell you every word and punctuation mark on every book he ever read. That sounds like an exaggeration but it's literally true. He didn't realize that everyone didn't have this gift when he wrote this book, so it contains allusions to other works that to this day no professor at Oxford can figure out. I'm assuming you've read Pilgrim's progress. It would be good to read that one before Pilgrim's Regress.
Ohhhh Pilgrim's Progress.
Wow. that was so bad. All the one dimensional characters, bad plot devices, and weak excuses.

Mr Laurier

Many people think they are Christian (or were a Christian), but aren't (and weren't). how did you become a Christian? What does being a 'Christian' mean to you?
A god named Jesus, born to a virgin named Mary, and the son of a god named Jehovah/Yahweh, who sent an entity named Holy Spirit to act as his penis for the conception.
Jesus lived a perfect life, and died by crucifixion. And was resurrected three days later.
Jesus then floated into the sky, and now lives in a place called "Heaven",
The rest is interpretations that have seen wars fought to decide who is right.

Thistle

Ohhhh Pilgrim's Progress.
Wow. that was so bad. All the one dimensional characters, bad plot devices, and weak excuses.
Well then you'll have the context for Pilgrim's Regress. I could pick up on a number of his literary allusions, but the vast majority I had no clue. This is the book where Lewis learned that he had to write down to his audience, or no one would know what he was saying. The book is interesting for that element alone.

Whateverman

Many people think they are Christian (or were a Christian), but aren't (and weren't). how did you become a Christian?
Every single Christian who's committed the No True Scotsman fallacy on the internet has - without exception - refused to concede that this applies just as much to them as to anyone else.