Alex Berenson Banned From Twitter After White House Complains? Reinstated via Lawsuit?

In other words, you do not like free speech. His views should be countered by the views of others, so what are you afraid of? The free and open exchange of ideas is the hallmark of our nation. Please tell us, at what point in your life did you embrace Marxism?
Free speech as a Constitutional right has restrictions, like all Constitutional rights.

Furthermore, Twitter is a private sector company and is not bound to provide unrestricted free speech to users.

The country should use science as the standard when it comes to medical treatments.
Not the rants of random people on the internet.
Even in that limited scope, people should be free to make their own decisions since scientists are as capable of corruption as any human.

Free speech as a Constitutional right has restrictions, like all Constitutional rights.

Furthermore, Twitter is a private sector company and is not bound to provide unrestricted free speech to users.
So they should stop pretending to just be a means of communication and say they desire to advance a certain point of view.

So they should stop pretending to just be a means of communication and say they desire to advance a certain point of view.
They are a company, hence, they desire to make a profit. Telling their customers to make themselves more vulnerable to a disease that might kill them will reduce the number of their customers, and hence reduce their profits. Just capitalism 101 in operation.

They are a company, hence, they desire to make a profit. Telling their customers to make themselves more vulnerable to a disease that might kill them will reduce the number of their customers, and hence reduce their profits. Just capitalism 101 in operation.
What screwy logic.

I
If it were liberals being banned, the left would be calling for government take over.

What screwy logic.
So, you think that twitter should kill some of their customers, and charge the ones that remain alive more, so as to increase their profits. Hmmm... note to self: Do not buy shares in any company managed by glenlogie.

As Berenson noted, President Biden accused Facebook of "killing people" in July 2021 for allowing so-called coronavirus "misinformation" to be shared on its platform. and that "A few hours after Biden’s comment, Twitter suspended my account for the first time."

One month later, Twitter placed Berenson on a permanent suspension.
-----------------------------------

Why is the White House meddling in the free affairs and free speech debate on Twitter? Why misuse their power to manipulate Twitter into banning Berenson? Comments welcome.

The current WH regime is a neo-marxist totalitarian regime run by a mentally deficient "sitting" at his digs in Delaware shell of a man who has truly never had a moral or ethical conviction and has had only two goals in mind; control of the populace and $$$.

No. that would be your side, the side that includes the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys and random insurrectionists.
Lol we know you hate freedom as much as you hate trump. You amazing is you think people don't read your posts. And more obvious is your total lack of awareness that there is a string of your posts that prove my point. That why I can't consider you an actual scientist. If you're a scientist then I'm a brain surgeon.

So, you think that twitter should kill some of their customers, and charge the ones that remain alive more, so as to increase their profits. Hmmm... note to self: Do not buy shares in any company managed by glenlogie.
You are assuming that not getting the vaccine was a death sentence.

You are assuming that not getting the vaccine was a death sentence.
I am assuming that not getting the vaccine increased my chances of catching Covid, and hence increased my chances of dying. If you don't want the vaccine, then consider moving to North Korea; they don't have any vaccine there.

P
I am assuming that not getting the vaccine increased my chances of catching Covid, and hence increased my chances of dying. If you don't want the vaccine, then consider moving to North Korea; they don't have any vaccine there.
Plent of people who were vaccinated got Covid and many people who were unvaccinated got Covid and lived.

Could it be that you don’t want people who disagree with you to have a platform to speak?

Plent[y] of people who were vaccinated got Covid and many people who were unvaccinated got Covid and lived.
What part of the word "chances" do you have a problem with?

Could it be that you don’t want people who disagree with you to have a platform to speak?
Me? Nothing to do with me. Ask Twitter, they were the ones who stopped Mr. Berenson tweeting.

Why is the White House meddling in the free affairs and free speech debate on Twitter?
A) As long as it's not being regulated by the government, you have no free speech rights on Twitter. Honestly, the government's presence in this story is the only red flag; it could easily be argued that even if the white house asked nicely without any threat of coercion, Twitter's action could constitute a violation of of the first amendment.

With this being said, if all it takes is the presence of a government official merely requesting something to violate the law, Trump will have broken the law in Georgia (re. all he needed was 11K votes). The fact that he's not in jail for it right now suggests that the government CAN be involved in such requests without legal interference automatically taking place.

B) Public health/safety was being risked by the fake news right-wingers crave. The government - as coordinator of pandemic response/efforts - had a duty to intervene.

Why misuse their power to manipulate Twitter into banning Berenson?
There's no indication yet that any power was misused. It was certainly used, though.

As long as the banning was solely at the discretion of Twitter, nothing unethical was done.

Back