Alexander Vindman says Milley 'must' resign over secret calls to China

Thistle

Remember this guy of impeach Trump fame? Even he thinks Milley has to resign.

Authentic Nouveau

He should have been fired and court marshalled.

Faithoverbelief

Sorry he is wrong. We have learned from all the Nazi trials taking orders is not an excuse. Trump is that worthless.

DeSanto

Well now.... that says something, doesn’t it?

Faithoverbelief

What orders?
The general claims Trump was capable of starting a war or a nuclear attack. I believe him. He is a respected general Trump a reality TV grifter. Nazi trials have shown that the excuse I was following orders will not stand.

China probably heard about Trump and was concerned

Carol

The general claims Trump was capable of starting a war or a nuclear attack. I believe him. He is a respected general Trump a reality TV grifter. Nazi trials have shown that the excuse I was following orders will not stand.

China probably heard about Trump and was concerned

No orders. Just claims.
You believe it. So?

Thistle

Yes you're sorry, and no he's not wrong. Anyone who says treason is okay is sorry indeed.
We have learned from all the Nazi trials taking orders is not an excuse.
The issue is civilian control of the military. That comes right out of the constitution. Milley was nowhere in the chain of command. And inserting himself in the chain of command is treason and mutiny. The chairman of the joint Chiefs has exactly zero command authority in this area. In fact, it is not too much to say that I have every bit as much command authority in a kinetic strike by US military as does General Milley. Generals cannot confirm upon themselves command authority . . . period. And anybody who concurred with this act by General Milley is also guilty of treason. And that would include nodding in agreement when Millie went around the room. Whoever was in that room nodding in agreement committed treason.
Trump is that worthless.
Your assessment of Trump has absolutely nothing to do with this.

ferengi

The general claims Trump was capable of starting a war or a nuclear attack.
All presidents are - they are Commander in Chief. Its their authority. Prove he was even considering any kind of attacks on any country.
I believe him.
Oh you mean based on the fact he is the only pres in over 30 years NOT to get us involved in a war? Oh you mean based on the fact he STOPPED the attack on Iran everyone else wanted? Including Milley?
He is a respected general
By whom?

Faithoverbelief

Yes you're sorry, and no he's not wrong. Anyone who says treason is okay is sorry indeed.

The issue is civilian control of the military. That comes right out of the constitution. Milley was nowhere in the chain of command. And inserting himself in the chain of command is treason and mutiny. The chairman of the joint Chiefs has exactly zero command authority in this area. In fact, it is not too much to say that I have every bit as much command authority in a kinetic strike by US military as does General Milley. Generals cannot confirm upon themselves command authority . . . period. And anybody who concurred with this act by General Milley is also guilty of treason. And that would include nodding in agreement when Millie went around the room. Whoever was in that room nodding in agreement committed treason.

Your assessment of Trump has absolutely nothing to do with this.
Generals are the highest ranking in the Army and Marines besides commander in chief. When the President is not capable of good decision making you must take reactive measures to counter the possible evil. Milley did that.

Thistle

Does not matter - he broke the UCMJ by going outside his authority and being criminally insubordinate and possibly treasonous.
That is exactly correct. The chairman of the joint Chiefs has no more command authority in a kinetic attack by the United States on any country than you are I do. He does not appear in the chain of command for attacking an adversary anywhere. Generals cannot confirm or upon themselves command authority. Unless the chain of command is changed at some future date, no chairman of the joint Chiefs will ever have anything to say about anybody attacking anyone, except at the level of advice to the president. That's it, that his whole job, giving advice to the president. It's an awfully exalted position, but he doesn't command any troops or weapons. Theater commanders are in the chain of command, they report to the secretary of defense, and he reports to the president. If a theater commander got an order down from the secretary of defense from the president I should certainly hope they would tell general Milley to "go pound sand you're not my boss and I'll start taking orders from you in hell freezes over."

Faithoverbelief

All presidents are - they are Commander in Chief. Its their authority. Prove he was even considering any kind of attacks on any country.

Oh you mean based on the fact he is the only pres in over 30 years NOT to get us involved in a war? Oh you mean based on the fact he STOPPED the attack on Iran everyone else wanted? Including Milley?

By whom?
I believe Milley over your fuhrer Trump. Trump has proven to be unstable and a liar willing to destroy America.

ferengi

Generals are the highest ranking in the Army and Marines besides commander in chief.
The CJCS is not in the Chain of Command. He has nothing to do with commading the forces - its an advisory body to the Pres.
When the President is not capable of good decision making you must take reactive measures to counter the possible evil. Milley did that.
Prove he was not capable. You must never commit treason.