Aliens are waiting on us

The Pixie

Holes to the center of the earth are known as volcanoes.
Wow. The first line of your link web page even say "A volcano is an opening in the Earth’s crust that allows molten rock, gases, and debris to escape to the surface."

That is even worse than saying positrons bounce off electrons.

SteveB

Shhh. Guys let's focus on the topic, shall we?
Their topic is to always discount, silence, and destroy everything they find uncomfortable, so "getting back on topic" isn't likely with this crew.
Or.... I suppose it could be said that their topic is to destroy, silence, and discount everything they find uncomfortable, so they're always on topic, regardless of what the topic actually is.

SteveB

So... back on topic... what critical thinking have you employed in evaluating this source, Steve?
that's not the topic either.
You do however prove the statement I provided to @AprilRose .
I used the original source of the article, to check the claimants background, and his penchant for flights of fancy. So, it's pretty clear to me, as the author of the article stated--- unless this guy has lost his marbles in the last few years, his statements are solid.

What critical thinking skills have you used to evaluate the source?

Nouveau

that's not the topic either.
Sure it is.

I used the original source of the article, to check the claimants background, and his penchant for flights of fancy. So, it's pretty clear to me, as the author of the article stated--- unless this guy has lost his marbles in the last few years, his statements are solid.
What would it have looked like if he had lost his marbles?

What critical thinking skills have you used to evaluate the source?
You first. What was your critical thinking process?

Mr Laurier

Space aliens have reached an agreement with the US government to stay mum on the experiments they conduct on Earth — as well as their secret base on Mars — until mankind is ready to accept them, the former head of Israel’s space program claimed in a new interview.

So, for the Jesus followers, I'd say we need to finish our job, so we can get raptured. Then the rest of humanity can go bonkers.

Just remember, according to Daniel, "it is for a time yet appointed."
lol.
ok.
I hope you dont actualy believe this nonsense

Komodo

Not at all. The first thing is feasibility, which the majority of people are able to recognise. UFOs are not feasible any more than witches, holes to the centre of the earth, greyhound buses on the moon driven by Elvis or any of the other hilariously bonkers things some people manage to believe.
Have to disagree here. UFO's -- objects traveling through the air, which haven't yet been clearly identified -- are not only feasible, they're most certainly real. It's alien spacecraft visiting Earth which aren't feasible.

(I so enjoy being a pedant! :D)

Temujin

Have to disagree here. UFO's -- objects traveling through the air, which haven't yet been clearly identified -- are not only feasible, they're most certainly real. It's alien spacecraft visiting Earth which aren't feasible.

(I so enjoy being a pedant! :D)
Lol! It's not often I am out-pedanted.

SteveB

Wow. The first line of your link web page even say "A volcano is an opening in the Earth’s crust that allows molten rock, gases, and debris to escape to the surface."

That is even worse than saying positrons bounce off electrons.
Well.... I'd say that you need to take that up with the federal government.
Although, I'm wondering if, using the parlance of a hollywood movie---- the de-intellectualization process has begun.

Or, as Paul says it in Romans 1, and Ephesians 4

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.​
20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.​
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man​
P, if the way the feds have worded it have actually caused you consternation, and grief, you're beyond any assistance I might have for you.

Thankfully, God does tell us---- He saves to the uttermost, ALL who come to him through Jesus Christ.

SteveB

lol.
ok.
I hope you dont actualy believe this nonsense
Apparently you didn't get the irony dripping off the title of the op.
No. I don't. What surprised me was that an highly educated space expert with serious accreditation did.....
I had no idea so many atheists would go all bonkers with it.

Nouveau

No. I don't. What surprised me was that an highly educated space expert with serious accreditation did.....
All we did was call you out for apparently taking it seriously.
But it turns out you were just trolling us.

Mr Laurier

So you pretended to take some silly nonsense seriously, in the hope that you could get atheists to agree with you. So you could what??? mock us for believing nonsense?

SteveB

So you pretended to take some silly nonsense seriously, in the hope that you could get atheists to agree with you. So you could what??? mock us for believing nonsense?
No. I never pretended anything.

Those who responded kept falling all over themselves making this out to be something serious.
I never once said I took it as seriously as they wanted me to.

But I suppose it does show just how presumptive atheists here are.
aka.... preconceived notions, and biases.