Aliens are waiting on us

SteveB

Lol, someone's backpedaling.
No. actually, I'm not.
All I did was post an article, and the atheists went off on how foolish, and stupid it was.
I then provided enough resources to show that it's not stupid or foolish at all.
I never said anything about whether or not I believed it.
I do however recall you going on about using critical thinking skills.
So, it seems to me that you're among those who needed to win.

Nouveau

No. actually, I'm not.
All I did was post an article, and the atheists went off on how foolish, and stupid it was.
I then provided enough resources to show that it's not stupid or foolish at all.
I never said anything about whether or not I believed it.
I do however recall you going on about using critical thinking skills.
So, it seems to me that you're among those who needed to win.
Keep backpedaling, Steve.

All we did was deny it to be credible. You've spent four pages arguing with us only to finally agree.

Mr Laurier

No. I never pretended anything.

Those who responded kept falling all over themselves making this out to be something serious.
I never once said I took it as seriously as they wanted me to.

But I suppose it does show just how presumptive atheists here are.
aka.... preconceived notions, and biases.
So you were trolling. Got it

Temujin

the billions of locusts of rev arriving will soon change your mind. there are your ‘aliens.’
There are plenty of things to worry about in the real world without concerning myself with fantasy. I am as likely to have the Grinch steal my Christmas as to see the "billions of locusts of rev."

e v e

Could you narrow down 'soon'? Christians starting with Jesus have used 'soon' to mean, so far 2,000 years away.
the sons would have to listen..but the OT fathers did not, and modern christianity does not either.
So instead of modern christianity having their rapture, since they will not come to the wedding and do not understand...
they will stay here for trib... and others who do care and are genuine souls will be found... truly, the last will be first.

thanks for asking.

Electric Skeptic

the sons would have to listen..but the OT fathers did not, and modern christianity does not either.
So instead of modern christianity having their rapture, since they will not come to the wedding and do not understand...
they will stay here for trib... and others who do care and are genuine souls will be found... truly, the last will be first.

thanks for asking.
So you can't narrow down 'soon'. Just like all the other god-botherers. Thanks anyway.

Whateverman

I would assume that alien explorers are seeking out planets with intelligent life. This explains why they haven't come here.
Sick people burn!

I've loved the topic of UFOs ever since I was a kid, and Project Blue Book was a tv show in the 70s. As I got older, I began to see people wanting to believe the planet was being visited by aliens more than they wanted to know whether they might be wrong or not; that's when I started to "withdraw" from the subject a bit. I do still watch shows about UFOs from time to time, though a lot of them are pretty ridiculous, and I usually end up changing the channel...

I thought a lot about the subject, and I've concluded that Earth probably IS being visited by extraterrestrials, because it's an interesting planet. I think it would be smart for an alien race with superior technology to make us nervous (as a species), by appearing and demonstrating their superior technology, and then leaving without causing any damage.

Human anthropology is replete with examples of human explorers discovering some native tribe, and causing all kinds of problems that results in sociological damage to that tribe. If humans wanted to discover a hitherto-poorly-known human tribe, they'd observe without getting too involved. They might make their presence known in order to give that tribe time to cope - with the idea of other strange tribes existing.

And if you think about it, humans have come a long way since the days of the War Of The Worlds broadcast. That's a good thing, for us. We're less likely to freak out and start lobbing missiles just because we don't understand what's going on. We've got an amazing potential to kill stuff, and anything which reduces the risk of people actually dying due to ignorance/fear is an improvement.

ps. sorry for the soapbox; I'm just talking out loud. I'm a skeptic at heart, and I need more evidence than CGI-produced cable shows to believe a lot of the nonsense that comes from the "pro-UFO" community. I think it's possible we're being visited, but until I have solid evidence of it myself, I'm not gonna get too excited.

Diogenes

I would assume that alien explorers are seeking out planets with intelligent life. This explains why they haven't come here.

If heard this before, assuming there were aliens, they would likely just stay away from humans. If there was some intergalactic government, they would do well to ban humans from leaving the Sol System.