Aliens?

This questions is mostly directed at atheists / agnostics. Do you believe that there is life anywhere in the universe other than on earth?

If so, why?

If not, why not?
I think it is likely there's life just in our solar system (or has been - perhaps not currently extant). I think it's highly likely there is/has been life elsewhere in the universe.

Now, whether that life is currently still extant, exists in a form our current science can recognize, or exists in a sapient form, that's much more up for question/speculation

This questions is mostly directed at atheists / agnostics. Do you believe that there is life anywhere in the universe other than on earth?

If so, why?

If not, why not?
I think it's very likely based on probability that there are billions of stars that can support a planet like earth. There is nothing special about earth, so a similar situation can't be ruled out.

Against the above, life arising could require a very specific chain of events that has a greater probability (of not arising) than the situation described above.

HillsboroMom

I think it is likely there's life just in our solar system (or has been - perhaps not currently extant). I think it's highly likely there is/has been life elsewhere in the universe.

Now, whether that life is currently still extant, exists in a form our current science can recognize, or exists in a sapient form, that's much more up for question/speculation
Thanks for your input.

Are you an atheist and/or agnostic?

HillsboroMom

I think it's very likely based on probability that there are billions of stars that can support a planet like earth. There is nothing special about earth, so a similar situation can't be ruled out.

Against the above, life arising could require a very specific chain of events that has a greater probability (of not arising) than the situation described above.
I agree with you.

And same question to you as Gondwanaland. Are you an atheist?