All the Fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily ! WHEN ?

Colossians 2:9 NKJV... For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Paul is talking in Col chapters 2-3 about the glorified resurrected Christ now seated at the right hand of God not the earthly Christ pre resurrection.

Civic's statement surprised me, so I would like to hear from Civic's fellow TRINITARIANS on this forum...

WHEN did the fullness of the Godhead BEGIN dwelling in Jesus Bodily?
A) eternity past
B) the instant God created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent in it
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

I say B. Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Colossians 2:9 NKJV... For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Trinitarians, WHEN did the fullness of the Godhead BEGIN dwelling in Jesus Bodily?

A) eternity past
B) the instant God created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent in it
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

I say B.

Our Lord's God

Civic's statement surprised me, so I would like to hear from Civic's fellow TRINITARIANS on this forum...

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

The fullness of God dwelled in Jesus once he was baptized at the Jordan and received the Holy Spirit of his God. This fullness of God likewise dwells in believers who have that same Spirit. Colossians 2:10; Ephesians 3:19.

HOWEVER, the fullness of God dwelling in Jesus BODILY does not begin until Jesus rose from the dead.

READ THE CONTEXT. At Colossians 2:9, Paul is referring to the resurrected Christ.

I say B. Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

0% of The Godhead dwells in any believer bodily.

Are you able to answer the question in the OP...

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

Tanachreader

Are you able to answer the question in the OP...

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain
You tell us and we will correct you if we believe your wrong.

You tell us and we will correct you if we believe your wrong.

??? I gave my answer in the OP.

So you are a Trinitarian who is either unable or unwilling to answer the question.

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN who IS able and willing to answer the question...

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

Our Lord's God

So you are a Trinitarian who is either unable or unwilling to answer the question.

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

When you are in a fog you can't see the answer.

The answer is F.

Tanachreader

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain
The fullness of the Godhead was always.

YeshuaFan

Trinitarians, WHEN did the fullness of the Godhead BEGIN dwelling in Jesus Bodily?

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

I say B.
At His Incarnation, as when God became a man!

YeshuaFan

The fullness of God dwelled in Jesus once he was baptized at the Jordan and received the Holy Spirit of his God. This fullness of God likewise dwells in believers who have that same Spirit. Colossians 2:10; Ephesians 3:19.

HOWEVER, the fullness of God dwelling in Jesus BODILY does not begin until Jesus rose from the dead.

READ THE CONTEXT. At Colossians 2:9, Paul is referring to the resurrected Christ.
Nope, that fullness was in Him from conception, as he did not receive the Spirit at water Baptism!

Septextura

Jesus was and is the visible image of the invisible Father, as he was and is fully God also!

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Our Lord's God

Cherry picking manuscript variants is never a good idea.

He appeared in a body (NIV)

He who was manifested in the flesh (ASV)

He who was revealed in the flesh (NASB)

Who was manifested in the flesh (NAB)

He was manifested in the flesh (RSV)

He was revealed in flesh (NRSV)

Which was manifested in the flesh (Douey-Rheims)

He was revealed in the flesh (NET)

He was manifested in the flesh (ESV)

The fullness of the Godhead was always.

My question was...

I think your answer is...
A) eternity past

Since you did not pick an answer from the list, and your answer did not include "bodily" etc.
I wasn't sure. So can you please confirm.

For the rest of you, if your answer is in the list please include the letter in your response...
A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension

If your answer is NOT in the list, then say H and give your own answer.

Fullness means power and dominion. Read Colossians 1 and 2 in context.

Okay... so what is your answer to the question...

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

Septextura

Okay... so what is your answer to the question...

A) eternity past
C) Jesus' conception
D) Jesus' birth
E) Jesus' baptism
F) Jesus' resurrection
G) Jesus' ascension
H) other, please explain

I'm not sure you don't understand the context of Colossians 2:9 and the meaning of fullness. It's about Christ's mission as a Redeemer. When He was seated at the right side of His Father, all power and dominion was given to Him in Heaven and Earth. It's not about Christ being God the Word before incarnation. It's about His Kingship over all creation.

I'm not sure you don't understand the context of Colossians 2:9 and the meaning of fullness. It's about Christ's mission as a Redeemer. When He was seated at the right side of His Father, all power and dominion was given to Him in Heaven and Earth. It's not about Christ being God the Word before incarnation. It's about His Kingship over all creation.

Okay... so notice the words "when" and "begin" and give us your answer...

Are you saying G) Jesus' ascension?

I think you are, but could you confirm that.

Septextura

Okay... so notice the words "when" and "begin" and give us your answer...

Are you saying G) Jesus' ascension?

I think you are, but could you confirm that.

It's not about the economy of the Holy Trinity.