All the Fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

As for the Declaration of Independence.
An earlier mention of almost the exact same phrase is in John Milton's 1649 book called The Tenure of Kings and Magistrates, written after the First English Civil War to defend the actions and rights of the Parliamentary cause, in the wake of the execution of king Charles I. The English poet says: "No man who knows ought, can be so stupid to deny that all men naturally were borne free, being the image and resemblance of God himself [...] born to command and not to obey: and that they liv'd so".
And whose words are they dude, are they God's words about it or what men say about it?

Hey I am not against the constitution, for it is a good document for sinners to live under so that one doesn't believe he has rights over another but it is not God's word and it also wasn't even observed by the slave owners who forged it either and in some cases it would also be necessary for it to be broken and that is how all man made rules are also.

For instance, when those documents were written, they didn't have in mind the possibility of a global pandemic like what we saw in 1918 and like what we are seeing now also.

Also, all men weren't born free, for some of them were made slaves by other men right at their birth, so the stupid is in the idea that all men are born free dude and not in the idea that they are not all born free and which is the reality.

FYI it is against the constitution for ANY ONE other than the Legislators to Change the voting Laws ( the Legislators Did NOT change them - the Mayors, Governors and other non-legislator officials did and broke that law in our Constitution - They did it to allow the cheating of manufacturing illegal ballots for Biden, the Fraud that Trump warned about LONG before the November election - So it turns out Trump was RIGHT )! Also it is a Fact that some states refused to let the Poll watchers to see the counting! Then the FACT ( on surveillance tape ) that Georgia sent the Poll watchers home and said they would continue tomorrow and once the watchers left, they pulled out hidden suitcases under a table and continued the count ( that's illegal and I bet they were all forged for Biden ) without the watches to see that fraud! Some of the states had dead people's vote for Biden and some had more votes cast than there were people registered to vote! There were over 200 watchers that signed affidavits under penalty of perjury ( that they go to jail if lying ) that they saw illegal counting ( like pushing the SAME ballot several times in the count )! Those courts refused to see that PROVEN evidence! So Yes Trump actually won! Case closed!
Let's say for the sake of argument that it is true that the non legislators broke the law and Trump was cheated out of the election by fraud even though the change in the law still doesn't constitute that a massive voting fraud took place and of which there is not evidence to prove either.

Furthermore, what does God's word in Daniel chapters 2 and 4 and Jesus' words in Acts 1:6-7 give you instructions about Rod.ney?

Who is really sovereign over which rulers are appointed or removed from the rule over the kingdoms of this world and in whose power alone does Jesus tell us that this belongs?

Now that we have that issue solved, this is God's instruction to all true believers. in the below words from Paul.

Romans 13:1-7
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Do you get the picture now dude?

YOU BEST GET OVER IT, OTHERWISE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF AT WAR WITH GOD HIMSELF AND IN WHICH CASE YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE LOSER.

Let's say for the sake of argument that it is true that the non legislators broke the law and Trump was cheated out of the election by fraud even though the change in the law still doesn't constitute that a massive voting fraud took place and of which there is not evidence to prove either.

Furthermore, what does God's word in Daniel chapters 2 and 4 and Jesus' words in Acts 1:6-7 give you instructions about Rod.ney?

Who is really sovereign over which rulers are appointed or removed from the rule over the kingdoms of this world and in whose power alone does Jesus tell us that this belongs?

Now that we have that issue solved, this is God's instruction to all true believers. in the below words from Paul.

Romans 13:1-7
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Do you get the picture now dude?

YOU BEST GET OVER IT, OTHERWISE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF AT WAR WITH GOD HIMSELF AND IN WHICH CASE YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE LOSER.
So my parents were waring against God when they fought against Hitler.
The Baptist goofed.
Goliath was raised up and David fought,was he wrong to do so.

So my parents were waring against God when they fought against Hitler.
The Baptist goofed.
Goliath was raised up and David fought,was he wrong to do so.
Sorry but America has never attacked your churches or put you in slavery either.

Beside this, what was allowed in the OT is not what is allowed in the NT and if you read the book of Acts and can show me where any Christians rose up against Rome for the many atrocities committed by Rome against human beings, then you might have something to argue about but you will not find this at all.

They didn't even attempt to fight Rome over the atrocities done to their fellow Christians dude, read your Bible.

For the only reason why God wanted them to fight against the other nations in the OT was because there was no remedy for their wickedness being Jesus hadn't yet come to die for their sins and therefore God wanted them to be driven out so that they wouldn't influence Israel with the same wickedness that they were practicing.

However, history reveals that not even this worked to stop that from happening.

Now true believers have God's Holy Spirit to keep that wickedness of the world at bay and therefore God doesn't command us to fight against our adversaries or our country, for now being we have the Holy Spirit we should be able to do well no matter what we have for a government and the Bible instructs us not to oppose the government either.

I am speaking of the church here and not America, for America is not the government of God either, and they will have their wars against other countries who are trying to put them into bondage.

You need to quit trying to justify your rebellion against Biden being elected as our president because God put him in this position no matter what and he allowed you to have trump as your president to teach you a lesson and unfortunately you didn't learn it yet.

Therefore you should be thankful that he didn't allow Trump to win again, for if he did, I believe we would have seen worse things happening in our country than what we already have because of it.

Sorry but America has never attacked your churches or put you in slavery either.

Beside this, what was allowed in the OT is not what is allowed in the NT and if you read the book of Acts and can show me where any Christians rose up against Rome for the many atrocities committed by Rome against human beings, then you might have something to argue about but you will not find this at all.

They didn't even attempt to fight Rome over the atrocities done to their fellow Christians dude, read your Bible.

For the only reason why God wanted them to fight against the other nations in the OT was because there was no remedy for their wickedness being Jesus hadn't yet come to die for their sins and therefore God wanted them to be driven out so that they wouldn't influence Israel with the same wickedness that they were practicing.

However, history reveals that not even this worked to stop that from happening.

Now true believers have God's Holy Spirit to keep that wickedness of the world at bay and therefore God doesn't command us to fight against our adversaries or our country, for now being we have the Holy Spirit we should be able to do well no matter what we have for a government and the Bible instructs us not to oppose the government either.

I am speaking of the church here and not America, for America is not the government of God either, and they will have their wars against other countries who are trying to put them into bondage.

You need to quit trying to justify your rebellion against Biden being elected as our president because God put him in this position no matter what and he allowed you to have trump as your president to teach you a lesson and unfortunately you didn't learn it yet.

Therefore you should be thankful that he didn't allow Trump to win again, for if he did, I believe we would have seen worse things happening in our country than what we already have because of it.
Far worse things will happen because of Biden who doesn't even know where is IS half the time.
Parkinson's catching up to him???????????

Greetings George Dunn, Fred and Chalcedon,
Elpis was a good one too, sir.

Why didn't they come back?
I think because most of the other trinitarians left CARM
When I first joined CARM 18 years ago, Elpis was running a thread on the meaning of the Yahweh Name and he expounded it to mean "He who will be". Some years later CARM changed their format or started again, and I was able to contact Elpis and he sent a copy of his thread. There were three Trinitarians who at first opposed his exposition claiming "I AM", but at the end two of them agreed with "I will be/He will be". I value his exposition and the interaction, considering this in a very scholarly way, but he was able to answer the Trinitarian position. I consider that his exposition of this was a very strong endorsement of the Unitarian position that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:
I consider that his exposition of this was a very strong endorsement of the Unitarian position that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

There are far better arguments that demonstrate the Lord Jesus is God.
The Bible teaching that Jesus is to be prayed to as being YHWH is one of them (Acts 2:21; Romans 10:13).

Last edited:
Greetings George Dunn, Fred and Chalcedon,

When I first joined CARM 18 years ago, Elpis was running a thread on the meaning of the Yahweh Name and he expounded it to mean "He who will be". Some years later CARM changed their format or started again, and I was able to contact Elpis and he sent a copy of his thread. There were three Trinitarians who at first opposed his exposition claiming "I AM", but at the end two of them agreed with "I will be/He will be". I value his exposition and the interaction, considering this in a very scholarly way, but he was able to answer the Trinitarian position. I consider that his exposition of this was a very strong endorsement of the Unitarian position that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor
Elpis was a good defender of his beliefs and a very astute bible student.

Were you trevor back then too ?

Did I ever ad hom you sir? Please show where. It may have been an...INSINUATION, but not a direct attack. Sorta kinda like...YOU BROOD OF VIPERS. Or...the WHIPPING of the temple moneychangers? See...in JUDAISM what you BELIEVE and who you ARE go hand-in-hand. But and yet when I was with PACIFIST orgs...they said Jesus only whipped the ANIMALS. I suspect SOME of them animals were HUMAN, but there you go sir. AD HOMMEN just the i same. How you like someone comen 'round and whippen YOUR animals sir? That would be...ad hom PLUS sir.
I never said you did. What was your screen name back then ? The way you use "sir" has a familiar sound lol

Greetings again Fred and Chalcedon,
There are far better arguments that demonstrate the Lord Jesus is God.
I have discussed most of the many passages that have been used to supposedly substantiate the Trinity both on this and other forums. I engaged in a thread on another forum where one passage was discussed at a time, and there was not endless repetition as occurs often on this forum. I was eventually banned by that forum by a moderator who insisted on 1 John 5:7 even though many of the Trinitarians did not agree with the veracity of that passage. I am still banned on that forum, since 2012.
The Bible teaching that Jesus is to be prayed to as being YHWH is one of them (Acts 2:21; Romans 10:13).
I have a thread "The Yahweh Name" which builds upon the meaning of Yahweh "I will be/He will be" in the same sub-forum that Elpis had his thread, the first in the "Cults" section. Jesus is the major development of the Yahweh name and and as the Son of God fully represents and reveals the One God, Yahweh, God the Father. The Name Jesus contains an abbreviated form of Yahweh and salvation is now by means of the Name of Jesus. Calling on the Name of Yahweh is equivalent, but many Jews may call on the Name of Yahweh, but ignore the means whereby salvation has been accomplished.
Matthew 1:20–23 (KJV): 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS (Yah's salvation or similar): for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Acts 4:6–12 (KJV): 6 And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. 7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, 9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; 10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Elpis was a good defender of his beliefs and a very astute bible student.
When I contacted him he was somehow associated with the Biblical Languages Department of a UK University. I asked his help recently as I was involved in some discussion with an in-house Magazine, and he helped clarify some aspects of the subjects of "Yahweh" and "Elohim". His type of expertise is fairly rare in our fellowship as we are a lay movement and most have not done much academic theological studies.
Were you trevor back then too ?
Yes, and I have only used the forum name TrevorL on this and other forums. I did not post as much in the earlier days as I was still learning. I am a technical person and do not have much education except that available within our community and from personal Bible study.

Kind regards
Trevor

Read that closely, and I agree with this, Paul is speaking of the resurrected Christ, not the mortal Christ.
There is only one Jesus. You have imagined a false dichotomy.

And the Resurrected and Glorified Jesus is sitting next to God at present.
The one Jesus was always with the Father.
Proving several things.
  • From the passage on Colossians, it cannot be claimed that during his mortal life that Jesus had the fullness of the Godhead dwelling in him bodily.
That is imaginative and false story telling since there is one Jesus, one Christ, or one person indicated, and the passage doesn't state or imply what you read into it and then claim that it states or implies.
  • God is one person (not three), and Jesus is another person (and isn't God), because Jesus is sitting next to God.
That is more imaginative story telling. Even if a person doesn't understand or accept the category that is commonly known in the Latin west as person as used in the Trinitarian formula, it remains that the Word which became incarnate was in the beginning with God, and was God. See John 1:1-4.

Btw, since you claim God is one person without attempting to redefine the word "person" in contrast to its use in the Trinitarian formula that in itself is a tacit admission that you accept the word or category as used in the Trinitarian formula.
  • Jesus is now a glorified human
We can agree that in a sense this is true of the one Jesus or Christ, that is, Jesus received the glory that He had with God before the creation or world was. See John 17:1-5.

The assertions you've made are simply Scripturally false and illogical if you accept the Scriptural witness as the word of God, as authoritative. For example, there was no debate among the faithful or request for explanation by the faithful when John taught and wrote of the Word that was with God and was God, the Word became incarnate, etc. It is the same when Peter spoke of the Spirit being God.

Just as the faithful at the time of Christ were familiar with the Scriptures, what some people now call the Old Testament, so was the Apostle Paul. He too, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit wrote of the one Jesus or one Yahweh.

“5. For even if they are being called "gods" whether in heaven or on earth (just as there are many gods and many lords), 6. yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.” (1Cor 8:5-6, EMTV)

For the record, what is underlined above are English translations which in Greek indicate means. All things are from God through Jesus, the one Jesus.

That is imaginative and false story telling since there is one Jesus, one Christ, or one person indicated, and the passage doesn't state or imply what you read into it and then claim that it states or implies.

That is more imaginative story telling. Even if a person doesn't understand or accept the category that is commonly known in the Latin west as person as used in the Trinitarian formula, it remains that the Word which became incarnate was in the beginning with God, and was God. See John 1:1-4.

Btw, since you claim God is one person without attempting to redefine the word "person" in contrast to its use in the Trinitarian formula that in itself is a tacit admission that you accept the word or category as used in the Trinitarian formula.

We can agree that in a sense this is true of the one Jesus or Christ, that is, Jesus received the glory that He had with God before the creation or world was. See John 17:1-5.

The assertions you've made are simply Scripturally false and illogical if you accept the Scriptural witness as the word of God, as authoritative. For example, there was no debate among the faithful or request for explanation by the faithful when John taught and wrote of the Word that was with God and was God, the Word became incarnate, etc. It is the same when Peter spoke of the Spirit being God.

Just as the faithful at the time of Christ were familiar with the Scriptures, what some people now call the Old Testament, so was the Apostle Paul. He too, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit wrote of the one Jesus or one Yahweh.

“5. For even if they are being called "gods" whether in heaven or on earth (just as there are many gods and many lords), 6. yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.” (1Cor 8:5-6, EMTV)

For the record, what is underlined above are English translations which in Greek indicate means. All things are from God through Jesus, the one Jesus.
Ditto !

The post I was quoting claimed: "Col chapters 2-3 about the glorified resurrected Christ now seated at the right hand of God not the earthly Christ pre resurrection". The context would indicate that it is about the same Jesus at two points in time rather than two Jesuses.

The scriptures directly contradict the idea that Jesus was always with the father, as God himself says "you are my son, today I have begotten you", and "I will be his father, and he will be my son". The clear declarations by God himself are that the son is something that didn't exist at the time God made the promises.

As I fully affirm that there is one Jesus, the Jesus of the bible, who was not immortal, not omniscient, and not omnipotent, but was rather quite mortal, and didn't know some very important things, and was powerless. The Jesus of the bible is far far different than the Jesus of the trinitarian.

If trinitarians don't know what the word "person" means, then they should choose another word to describe their doctrine. If trinitarians are using a definition of the word "person" that differs greatly from the common usage, then they are fraudulently using the word "person".

If by the "latin west", you use what the Cappadocian fathers described as God is 3 hypostases (3 persons), and 1 ousia (being), I submit that the writer to the Hebrews says God has a single hypostases (Hebrews 1:3).

The pages of the scriptures are quite clear, it uses singular personal pronouns to describe God, and when God is seen, he is always one person and often he is next to this other person known as Jesus. And interestingly, God is never seen with the 3rd person of the trinity.

Jesus may have had glory with the one true God before the creation, but by definition that means he isn't the one true God. Regarding the timestamp you wish to impose of Jesus having glory before the foundation of the world, he was also murdered before the foundation of the world and that occurred in approximately 30 AD. Which begs the question, which world? There are at least two in the scriptures, or even 3 depending on your understanding of Paul's reference to the 3rd heaven or Peter's declarations in 2 Peter 3:1-13.

Yes, the word was with the God, and what God was, the word was. It should be noted that Jesus isn't mentioned in John 1:1, the thing that became Jesus is mentioned.

As to what the faithful believed, they believed that God is Christ's father, and Jesus is God's son (quite unlike trinitarian doctrine). They didn't believe that the word was a pre-existent person, but rather God's word. You seem to believe the latter also as you claim that the scriptural witness is the word of God.

Let's read the claims carefully:
  • There is one God
  • That one God is a single person
  • That single person is Christ's father

Therefore
  • God is not three persons
  • The holy spirit isn't the one God
  • The son isn't the one God.
Whatever you wish to make of Jesus from the passage, it is readily apparent that the god Paul is speaking of is a different god that the god of the trinitarian.

Last edited:

Did you even read and comprehend what he said in relation to what you said?

He argues that when you said the following, you also have imagined a false dichotomy. The fly in the ointment is that I agreed with your statement.

"Paul is talking in Col chapters 2-3 about the glorified resurrected Christ now seated at the right hand of God not the earthly Christ pre resurrection. This is a slam dunk that He is in a human glorified resurrection body and that He continues to have all the fullness of Deity dwelling bodily in the present."

Now read the Greek below on the present ongoing meaning of DWELLS . The bodily dwelling of Deity is permanent not temporary. The Incarnation was PERMANENT.
Only one thing....... the body in Colossians 2:9 is not the Body that was in his Incarnation. because the resurrection change that mortality into IMMORTALITY. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?"
1 Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:"
1 Corinthians 15:37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:"
1 Corinthians 15:38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body."
1 Corinthians 15:39 "All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds."
1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another."
1 Corinthians 15:41 "There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory."
1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:"
1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:"
1 Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

the body that our Lord was Incarnated in did not walk through solid doors that was shut.

PICJAG, 101G.

The post I was quoting claimed: "Col chapters 2-3 about the glorified resurrected Christ now seated at the right hand of God not the earthly Christ pre resurrection". The context would indicate that it is about the same Jesus at two points in time rather than two Jesuses.
You have read two different points in time into the scriptural quote. When in the passage it says dwells it is only referring to a present ongoing action rather than indicating a change. I didn't see anything in the commentator's words or those of the poster which stated or implied a change in this regard.

The Word that was in the beginning with God, and was God, became flesh and dwelt among us is the answer to the question of who is Jesus? Peter's representative answer to the question, "who do you guys say I am?" (Matt 16:15-17) did not and does not exclude John 1. Therefore, since you currently deny the Scriptural witness as to who Jesus is, the Jesus who you refer to is two different persons.

The scriptures directly contradict the idea that Jesus was always with the father, as God himself says "you are my son, today I have begotten you", and "I will be his father, and he will be my son". The clear declarations by God himself are that the son is something that didn't exist at the time God made the promises.
When you cite, "today I have begotten you, etc.," you are affirming the Scriptural witness and the right reflection of it in the Trinitarian creed if you adhere to the immediate context of Hebrews 1. (For example, it once again says all things were created through the Son. “Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” (Heb 1:2, KJVA)

Also, begotten not made, refers to the resurrection. Who raised Jesus? The one God raised Jesus. That necessarily is inclusive of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. For example, Jesus said, "Destroy this temple (referring to His body) and I will raise it up." See John 2:19.

Once you come to know and affirm the Scriptural witness regarding who Jesus is the other objections will dissolve, or you will recognize you have been asserting them in an alien context.

Did you even read and comprehend what he said in relation to what you said?

He argues that when you said the following, you also have imagined a false dichotomy. The fly in the ointment is that I agreed with your statement.

"Paul is talking in Col chapters 2-3 about the glorified resurrected Christ now seated at the right hand of God not the earthly Christ pre resurrection. This is a slam dunk that He is in a human glorified resurrection body and that He continues to have all the fullness of Deity dwelling bodily in the present."
No, you are continuing to read your view into what you read.

Back