All the Fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

Was Jesus a man ?

Is Jesus still a man ?
Of course, Jesus never said he was BUT a man, first anointed and sent, then glorified. What is the LITERAL meaning of "Christ" sir? Anointed? Gut golly, Kernel Klink you uncle or what Civ? Notice I did not say you dad sir.

Of course, Jesus never said he was BUT a man, first anointed and sent, then glorified. What is the LITERAL meaning of "Christ" sir? Anointed? Gut golly, Kernel Klink you uncle or what Civ? Notice I did not say you dad sir.
what was your former screen name on CARM prior to the crash ?

Comon, Civic. You know me. I am your worst nightmare, just around the corner from your disintegrated conscience sir.

The CRASH? CARM crashed? I thought it just PETERED OUT.
I know but for some reason I can't remember( I'm getting old lol) but your use of "SIR" rings a very familiar bell. I'm bad with names, always have been.

The only scholarly ones on the old forum that were unitarians were, justice, robr, elpis and forever4truth. The rest were just wanna bees.

hope this helps sir !!!

The only scholarly ones on the old forum that were unitarians were, justice, robr, elpis and forever4truth. The rest were just wanna bees.

hope this helps sir !!!
Yeah, I don't qualify since I only know Shema sir. That's all I HAVE to know...in order to defeat every SINGLE trinitarian or OnePent here sir.

As an aside, it was this forum and 2011, when FOREVER swayed my own OnePent Christology. You got him right on, and should have listened, Civid, I mean Civic sir. Elpis was a good one too, sir. Should have listened to HIM sir.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't qualify since I only know Shema sir. That's all I HAVE to know...in order to defeat every SINGLE trinitarian or OnePent here sir.

As an aside, it was this forum and 2011, when FOREVER swayed my own OnePent Christology. You got him right on, and should have listened, Civid, I mean Civic sir. Elpis was a good one too, sir. Should have listened to HIM sir.
I never said I agreed with them but they knew how to defend their beliefs without using ad hominem attacks on those who opposed them. I would never ever deny the Trinity or the deity of Christ. That will never happen. :)

hope this helps !!!

I never said I agreed with them but they knew how to defend their beliefs without using ad hominem attacks on those who opposed them. I would never ever deny the Trinity or the deity of Christ. That will never happen. :)

hope this helps !!!
Did I ever ad hom you sir? Please show where. It may have been an...INSINUATION, but not a direct attack. Sorta kinda like...YOU BROOD OF VIPERS. Or...the WHIPPING of the temple moneychangers? See...in JUDAISM what you BELIEVE and who you ARE go hand-in-hand. But and yet when I was with PACIFIST orgs...they said Jesus only whipped the ANIMALS. I suspect SOME of them animals were HUMAN, but there you go sir. AD HOMMEN just the same. How you like someone comen 'round and whippen YOUR animals sir? That would be...ad hom PLUS sir.

You might just be gedden prehistoric, T-Rex. Sometimes senility comes with.
Civic might not know who you are George but I sure do. However, I am not going to give it away but will let him try and figure it out for himself.

I wonder how old he is, for I am 67 soon to be 68 in February but thanks be to God, I still have a very good memory and which was always a blessing for me concerning the scriptures, so I am truly thankful for that.

hope this helps sir !!!
Not me, for I wasn't a want to be and that is because that type of knowledge isn't what is necessary in order to know the truth and most who go that route end up believing falsely about many things in the scripture because it works by the flesh and not by the Spirit.

Walking in the Spirit must start and always include learning to seek and ask and wait upon God in faith while getting your flesh and trusting in your flesh out of the way completely.

In essence, what it means to walk in the flesh is one doing things by his own self will and also seeking knowledge from his own wisdom and nature, it is relying upon self rather than God and which is really the enemy of faith.

While walking in the Spirit means that instead you are trusting God alone and like a little child and with eager diligence because you know that otherwise you cannot do what you use to think you could to accomplish what the will of God is and that especially must include knowledge of the truth from the scriptures.

Matthew 11:25-26​

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

29 so that no one may boast before him.

30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 2:13-16​

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we (who are truly led of the Spirit) have the mind of Christ.

Conclusion: no one in the history of mankind has ever had all the fulness of Deity in them except Christ alone who is God manifest in the flesh. just as the Father and the Holy Spirit have all the fulness of Deity, so to does the Incarnate Son- Forever God in the flesh !

Can you clarify...

Does "the man Christ Jesus" have all the fulness of Deity in him?

1 Timothy 2:5... For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I say Yes.

I expect some Trinitarians may say No, his divine nature does but his human nature (the man) does not.

So I interested to know what YOU believe.

P.S.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Read that closely, and I agree with this, Paul is speaking of the resurrected Christ, not the mortal Christ. And the Resurrected and Glorified Jesus is sitting next to God at present. Proving several things.
  • From the passage on Colossians, it cannot be claimed that during his mortal life that Jesus had the fullness of the Godhead dwelling in him bodily.
  • God is one person (not three), and Jesus is another person (and isn't God), because Jesus is sitting next to God.
  • Jesus is now a glorified human
This is an excellent understanding of the passage in Colossians.

Further, if you subscribe to the Trinity, this understanding of the passage makes the following things clear:
  • The word "Godhead" doesn't refer to the trinity, because Jesus is not the trinity.
  • The word "Godhead" doesn't refer to God, because God is sitting next to Jesus at the time the Godhead rests in him.
What an excellent repudiation of many of the Trinitarian arguments around this passage in Colossians.
Seeing only God is eternal, if Jesus is not God, then He is a created being. You willing to accept this?

In Genesis 1 it tells us God created all we see.
Then in John 1 it says that all that was made was made by the Word, and without Him, nothing was made that was made.
It also says the Word is God.

To say Jesus is not God is utter heresy and foolishness.

Seeing only God is eternal, if Jesus is not God, then He is a created being. You willing to accept this?
Somehow the word Godhead came to mean "trinity" to some, including me in the past until I looked at it.

But it doesn't mean this, it means "divine nature." So one arguing it doesn't prove the Trinity (which is Biblical, by the way) they are making a fallacious argument in the first place.

KJV renders the word "theotes" (Godhead) in Colossians 2:9, whereas the ESV uses Deity, and proves that Christ is God in the flesh; "For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily..." I believe this is the only place in Scripture this word is used.

Someone arguing it doesn't mean Trinity doesn't understand the term, they are fighting a straw man and their point is moot.

John 8:24 comes to mind, and I am certain the "I am He" is referring to YHWH. If a person does not come to this revelation, they will die in their sins.

Back