Am I the only one here>

Woody50

Interested as well, as I'm neither Presby nor RB. Saved in the CRC in 1990. Since have been in an independent Reformed church. We do have a considerable contingent of RBs, though.
I'm the same...sorta.

Grew up "nondenomiational," which is Baptist.

The legalism about killed me.

Gravitated toward Presby, but it's too...awry.

I just read the Bible and know Him and His sovereignty.

Five Solas

I'm the same...sorta.

You're not alone, Woody. I hear this continually in ministry. Gotta find a good church though, if you haven't. Worth the trouble to seek :)

Terry43

I'm the same...sorta.
from the church I belonged to for 20 years..

Woody, Because of the "pandemic"and my aging bones I have only been to church a few times in the last year ...I have had practially zero contact from the church I have belonged to for 20 years.. ..most of the people that were active left that church when a new Pastor ( that does expositional preaching )came in ..they moved onto a new non denominational church in the area.. But even the ones that stayed have not gone out of their way to see if I was still alive :) I guess you would call the new pastor "legalistic " because he follows the Presbyterian order of service ...no guitar music and nor "folk group" sharng the stage with the gospel . But I think a church connection is important because the scriptures says we are to worship as a body ... Not sure where I go from here.. My church is the only reformed one in my area...

Woody, Because of the "pandemic"and my aging bones I have only been to church a few times in the last year ...I have had practially zero contact from the church I have belonged to for 20 years.. ..most of the people that were active left that church when a new Pastor ( that does expositional preaching )came in ..they moved onto a new non denominational church in the area.. But even the ones that stayed have not gone out of their way to see if I was still alive :)
You are not alone in this experience. I have long ago quit expecting anything from people in churches. Got a friend, only one who I talk to frequently. We didn't meet in church. Finding these people isn't something you achieve by human effort.

Last edited:

Woody50

Woody, Because of the "pandemic"and my aging bones
I get that...can we compare bones sometime? Mine just scream "maranatha!"

Take heart, sister. I, for one, know you're alive and am glad to meet you. Message me anytime, if you want. I, too, haven't been fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in church. It's all locked down here and beyond annoying.

That said, the Lord always...ALWAYS opens a door. My brothers reached out to me and we're now studying the Bible together. I'm not saying that you and I meeting here is the same, but it's at least an encouragement, right?

Praying for you, sister.

Now, I need to move because I've been sitting criss-cross-applesauce for too long. This is gonna hurt... Blessed aging bones...

Blessings in Him.

Terry43

Just stopped by to say Hi ! Church is back up and running but I have not been back yet myself.. Hope to start again this week ...The pastor and a visiting couple have been in touch..