amdg

Let me make this abundantly clear. You are the rude one here telling Catholics they don't anything and then citing a fictional group as if it was a Jesuit Order. I honestly don't know what your problem is.

I'll be doing that right now. I only cleared the list as I noticed mica no longer posts. I was a fool to clear that list because this is so weird talking to someone who is just so terribly rude.

Actually Stella, instead of telling the poster she was rude, or that what was posted was wrong. You could have pointed out that you needed some clarification because all you could find online, was references to the movie of the same name.

Let me make this abundantly clear. You are the rude one here telling Catholics they don't anything and then citing a fictional group as if it was a Jesuit Order. I honestly don't know what your problem is.

I'll be doing that right now. I only cleared the list as I noticed mica no longer posts. I was a fool to clear that list because this is so weird talking to someone who is just so terribly rude.
Oh give me a break. Yep back to feeling your love. It is strange that we all understand when RCs make movie reference and song reference but you don't. So my beliefs stand. I did say which went right over your head that some followed their teaching ideas and beliefs.

um... there is a movie out by this title. I think it would be helpful if you could provide a link to the actual convent
We can only provide official Catholic links. I don't it is the movie title but Dune is the title if memory is correct. Something my sons watched, did not interest me. I cannot reference it because it is not reappearing in my searches. I didn't think anyone would take them seriously.

from quora:

Unlike many monastic or mendicant orders, there is no female Company of Jesus. There are, however, many religious orders and societies of apostolic life for women founded in the spirituality and rule of the Jesuits, called Ignatian Spirituality.

The Sisters of St. Joseph, Sisters of Charity, and the Cabrini Sisters are probably among the most familiar.

Which was the point I was making, we put AMDG on every page, the nuns believed in education which is what the Jesuits believed in.

Last edited:
We can only provide official Catholic links. I don't it is the movie title but Dune is the title if memory is correct. Something my sons watched, did not interest me. I cannot reference it because it is not reappearing in my searches. I didn't think anyone would take them seriously.

from quora:

Unlike many monastic or mendicant orders, there is no female Company of Jesus. There are, however, many religious orders and societies of apostolic life for women founded in the spirituality and rule of the Jesuits, called Ignatian Spirituality.

The Sisters of St. Joseph, Sisters of Charity, and the Cabrini Sisters are probably among the most familiar.

Which was the point I was making, we put AMDG on every page, the nuns believed in education which is what the Jesuits believed in.
Dune is a science fiction book by Frank Herbert. Quite good actually. Several movies have been made based on the book, but none match it in my opinion.

We had to write AMDG on the top of page every time we used a new page in our exercise books etc. It is short for ad majorem Dei gloriam meaning for the greater glory of God. Did anyone else have to do this and did it mean anything to you?

Oh, good. Did you enjoy Dune? It is definitely among my top twenty favorites, although I never could get into Children of Dune.
I had to watch the movie with my sons, I have a vague memory of the book. They are into that genre but I to be honest cannot remember the book it was too long ago. Now they have left home I no longer have to know what goes on with the cricket, AFL or sci fi type things. Of course my husband keeps up with the sports the boys are still interested and plays video games with them and our grandchildren. Kept the youngest one grounded to play with her pop pop throughout covid. But now I tend to stick to my interests - history, mild who done its etc.

I am glad you enjoyed the book. You might be the same age as my boys.

I had to watch the movie with my sons, I have a vague memory of the book. They are into that genre but I to be honest cannot remember the book it was too long ago. Now they have left home I no longer have to know what goes on with the cricket, AFL or sci fi type things. Of course my husband keeps up with the sports the boys are still interested and plays video games with them and our grandchildren. Kept the youngest one grounded to play with her pop pop throughout covid. But now I tend to stick to my interests - history, mild who done its etc.

I am glad you enjoyed the book. You might be the same age as my boys.
I read the book decades ago, but recently saw the latest movie installment. It was good, but like I said, not as good as the book in my opinion. I have a grandchild of my own, so I doubt that I am the same age as your sons. ??

I read the book decades ago, but recently saw the latest movie installment. It was good, but like I said, not as good as the book in my opinion. I have a grandchild of my own, so I doubt that I am the same age as your sons. ??
You will be able to share your enjoyment of it with the grandchildren as they grow. My sons had children late, so no great grandkids yet. Family is the greatest gift after salvation we have from God. IMO.

Dune was a strange story to me. Did not read the book, but I did see the first movie. I was really bothered by the way the animals were treated in the film.

Dune was a strange story to me. Did not read the book, but I did see the first movie. I was really bothered by the way the animals were treated in the film.
I don’t think that the movies really give the book justice. The book is huge, and the story addresses an entire world’s environment, religion, politics, and social customs. Herbert was certainly creative.

Back