Deuteronomy

Amy Grant To Host Niece’s Same-Sex Wedding, Believes
Jesus Wants Us To ‘Love God and Love Each Other’

By
Jesse T. Jackson
December 9, 2022
1671654272849.png

Amy Grant screengrab via YouTube @The Kennedy Center

Amy Grant is Christian music royalty, having been recognized by The Kennedy Center Honors earlier this month (Dec. 6). Along with being nominated for 20 Grammy awards, Grant has been awarded over 20 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards over her successful career.

Grant pushed the boundaries of Christian pop music with her 1991 release of “Heart In Motion.” The album would cross the barriers of Christian music, going on to sell more than 5 million copies.

Grant’s hit singles “Baby, Baby,” “That’s What Love Is For,” and “Every Heartbeat” propelled her into the limelight of secular radio stations and into the homes of pop listeners around the world.

The Christian music queen of pop’s success opened doors for other Christian artists like Michael W. Smith, who crossed into the secular music world with his hit album “Change Your World” in 1992.

Grant’s influential platform has given her the opportunity to speak out for the LGBTQ community. In 2013, Grant did her first LGBTQ+ press interview with PrideSource.com for the promotion of her “How Mercy Looks From Here” album.

In that interview, Grant answered questions about her faith and the LGBTQ community. She shared, “I know that the religious community has not been very welcoming, but I just want to stress that the journey of faith brings us into community, but it’s really about one relationship. The journey of faith is just being willing and open to have a relationship with God. And everybody is welcome. Everybody.”

Grant told “Proud Radio” host Hunter Kelly in 2021, “Nothing about who we are or what we’ve done. That’s why to me it’s so important to set a welcome table, because I was invited to a table where someone said, ‘Don’t be afraid, you’re loved.’ Gay. Straight. It does not matter.”

It “doesn’t matter how we behave. It doesn’t matter how we’re wired,” Grant said. “We’re all our best selves when we believe to our core: ‘I’m loved.’ And then our creativity flourishes. We’re like, ‘I’m gonna arrange flowers on your table and my table.’ When we’re loved, we’re brave enough to say yes to every good impulse that comes to us.”

~Amy Grant To Host Niece's Same-Sex Wedding, Believes Jesus Wants Us To 'Love God and Love Each Other' (churchleaders.com)

Amy Grant To Host Niece’s Same-Sex Wedding, Believes
Jesus Wants Us To ‘Love God and Love Each Other’

By
Jesse T. Jackson
December 9, 2022
View attachment 3653

Amy Grant screengrab via YouTube @The Kennedy Center

Amy Grant is Christian music royalty, having been recognized by The Kennedy Center Honors earlier this month (Dec. 6). Along with being nominated for 20 Grammy awards, Grant has been awarded over 20 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards over her successful career.

Grant pushed the boundaries of Christian pop music with her 1991 release of “Heart In Motion.” The album would cross the barriers of Christian music, going on to sell more than 5 million copies.

Grant’s hit singles “Baby, Baby,” “That’s What Love Is For,” and “Every Heartbeat” propelled her into the limelight of secular radio stations and into the homes of pop listeners around the world.

The Christian music queen of pop’s success opened doors for other Christian artists like Michael W. Smith, who crossed into the secular music world with his hit album “Change Your World” in 1992.

Grant’s influential platform has given her the opportunity to speak out for the LGBTQ community. In 2013, Grant did her first LGBTQ+ press interview with PrideSource.com for the promotion of her “How Mercy Looks From Here” album.

In that interview, Grant answered questions about her faith and the LGBTQ community. She shared, “I know that the religious community has not been very welcoming, but I just want to stress that the journey of faith brings us into community, but it’s really about one relationship. The journey of faith is just being willing and open to have a relationship with God. And everybody is welcome. Everybody.”

Grant told “Proud Radio” host Hunter Kelly in 2021, “Nothing about who we are or what we’ve done. That’s why to me it’s so important to set a welcome table, because I was invited to a table where someone said, ‘Don’t be afraid, you’re loved.’ Gay. Straight. It does not matter.”

It “doesn’t matter how we behave. It doesn’t matter how we’re wired,” Grant said. “We’re all our best selves when we believe to our core: ‘I’m loved.’ And then our creativity flourishes. We’re like, ‘I’m gonna arrange flowers on your table and my table.’ When we’re loved, we’re brave enough to say yes to every good impulse that comes to us.”

~Amy Grant To Host Niece's Same-Sex Wedding, Believes Jesus Wants Us To 'Love God and Love Each Other' (churchleaders.com)
Sounds like she changed God Word and gave the LGBTQ community her special stamp of approval.

Hiding behind "love"...I mean who can argue against love?

The inspired Paul wasted his ink when he wrote:
Romans 1: 26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 Likewise, the men abandoned natural relations with women and burned with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Sounds like she changed God Word and gave the LGBTQ community her special stamp of approval.

Hiding behind "love"...I mean who can argue against love?
Hello CrowCross, I've seen a LOT of believers (and, of course, unbelievers) do what Amy did when a close family member or friend came out as LGBTQ+. I've faced this a number of times myself, in fact, as I have more than 5,000 family members, and I made my living in the arts for about 25 years (so I have a LOT of friends and family members who are gay).

The thing is, can we truly "love" someone if we have to do so in spite of the "truth" :unsure:

Here's what the Apostle Paul had to say (in small part).

1 Corinthians 13
6 Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.

As Christians, our principal concern must be another's spiritual and eternal well-being, rather than their temporal happiness, because if we don't tell them the truth, who will? Quite frankly, if we choose to say nothing about our loved one's need for the Savior, our silence will be received as acceptance, and understood as the tacit approval of God as well, because we are His representatives/agents in this world.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

~Deuteronomy

Spurgeon - if sinners be...arms about knees.jpg

Note that the 1 Cor 13 passage, love is patient.. so often used, says love does nit delight in evil.
Worth noting that our Christian brothers and sisters who gave same sex attraction, suggest we as Christians do not attend so called 'gay weddings'.

Back