An academic discussing Jesus.

The Pixie

Why are you posting this in a forum for discussing whether Christianity is true? I get that it is a nice message for believers, but in that sense this is the wrong forum. Given you have chosen to post in the Apologetics forum, I have to assume you believe this is an argument for Christianity.

However, as is always the case, this message is based on the assumption that Christianity is true. Once again the argument is:

• The Bible is true
  • Therefore the Bible is true

If your reason for posting here is merely to bolster your own beliefs, then that is fine. However, if you think a circular argument will persuade any non-believers them, frankly, you are deluding yourself.

SteveB

Why are you posting this in a forum for discussing whether Christianity is true? I get that it is a nice message for believers, but in that sense this is the wrong forum. Given you have chosen to post in the Apologetics forum, I have to assume you believe this is an argument for Christianity.

However, as is always the case, this message is based on the assumption that Christianity is true. Once again the argument is:

• The Bible is true
  • Therefore the Bible is true

If your reason for posting here is merely to bolster your own beliefs, then that is fine. However, if you think a circular argument will persuade any non-believers them, frankly, you are deluding yourself.
File a complaint with forum mgmt.

Or better still, talk to Dr. John Lennox. https://www.johnlennox.org/
I see he's got a contact link so you can post your gripe with him.

Or is the problem here that you don't really want to know the truth, and prefer living as a mushroom? I.e., being kept in the dark, and fed BS.

The Pixie

File a complaint with forum mgmt.
Are was asking a rhetorical question, leading to a conclusion that you thinbk Lennox's message is an argument for Christianity. I did not say this is the wrong forum.

Or better still, talk to Dr. John Lennox. https://www.johnlennox.org/
I see he's got a contact link so you can post your gripe with him.
My "gripe" is that your argument fails. I am not sure Lennox is presenting it as an argument, I think that that is just you.

Or is the problem here that you don't really want to know the truth, and prefer living as a mushroom? I.e., being kept in the dark, and fed BS.
I do want to know the truth. This is why I object to your attempts to keep me in the dark and feed me BS.

I get that you think the dark is true, but I see no reason to suppose that that is true. Certainly nothing you present here, which is the usual circular argument that nearly all Christian apologics reduces to.

SteveB

Are was asking a rhetorical question, leading to a conclusion that you thinbk Lennox's message is an argument for Christianity. I did not say this is the wrong forum.
????????????????
This first part makes no sense.
Are was asking.....?
My "gripe" is that your argument fails. I am not sure Lennox is presenting it as an argument, I think that that is just you.
I don't think John was making an argument at all. I think he's making a statement, and it's up to you to do something beyond mere intellectual assent, or rejection.
Jesus isn't an argument to be won or lost.
Jesus is a man, whom God raised from the dead, and presents to the entire human race as salvation from sin, freedom from death, and as the author and finisher of eternal life.
If you prefer to spend your eternity in a state of abject misery, having lost all power for choice, and liberty, then by all means, do nothing.
But if you desire a higher quality of life, one filled with the freedom, and joy of having your sin forgiven, made a new being, from the inside out, then come follow Jesus.

We don't present arguments for you to dismantle, win, or lose.
We present Jesus.
The giver of hope to the hopeless.
the founder of life to the dying.
the Joy of the ages, whom all may come, and find the deepest satisfaction, by drinking of the water of life.

I do want to know the truth. This is why I object to your attempts to keep me in the dark and feed me BS.
Then come follow Jesus.
I'm not the one keeping you in the dark, nor feeding you BS. You're doing that all by yourself.
If you really seek to know the truth, then come follow Jesus.

He was quite clear in his statements----
If you continue in my teachings, you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

So..... you choose.

I get that you think the dark is true, but I see no reason to suppose that that is true. Certainly nothing you present here, which is the usual circular argument that nearly all Christian apologics reduces to.
Why would I think dark is true?
Jesus is the Light of the World. Those who follow him, walk in light, no matter how dark it gets in this life.