An Error in All Bibles?

Hark

1 Chronicles 7:20 And the sons of Ephraim; Shuthelah, and Bered his son, and Tahath his son, and Eladah his son, and Tahath his son, 21 And Zabad his son, and Shuthelah his son, and Ezer, and Elead, whom the men of Gath that were born in that land slew, because they came down to take away their cattle. 22 And Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him.

The Chronicles is a late work, and the reading is discordant. Ephraim has only one brother, Manasseh.

It was the sons of Shuthelah, Ezer & Elead that were killed. Seeing how Shethelah has many brothers, I believe the verse got cross eyed in the copying when it should have read this way.

1 Chronicles 7:20 And the sons of Ephraim; Shuthelah, and Bered his son, and Tahath his son, and Eladah his son, and Tahath his son, 21 And Zabad his son, and Shuthelah his son, and Ezer, and Elead, whom the men of Gath that were born in that land slew, because they came down to take away their cattle. 22 And Shuthelah their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him.

Obviously, Ephraim was not in the promised land nor part of the Exodus.

That is the only answer I can give you. Human shortcoming in copying the scripture. It doesn't shake my faith in Jesus Christ nor my reliance on the KJV since I was relying on Jesus Christ to help me discern this error. I was unable to fathom it until He helped me see the truth in His words for where the error was at.

So yes, I am giving the Lord Jesus Christ the credit.

I am open to corrections, but I believe somebody got cross eyed in writing the wrong name of the father of those 2 sons down that got killed for why he had many brethren to comfort him over the loss of his 2 sons.

Theo1689

Alerting you all to this thread for iron sharpening iron that KJV is not so perfect as if it does not contain any errors, but the message for me to follow Him by and the truth in His words to discern good & evil by with His help as my Good Shepherd, is still why I am reliant only on the KJV for keeping the faith which is the good fight. Just saying.

@Theo1689 @Beloved Daughter @Conan @RiJoRi @logos1560 @TC Calvinist @Truther @Steven Avery

Please stop tagging me in your threads.

Especially since you ignore most of my posts,
and the main substance of your posts is nothing more than, "pray to God for wisdom", as if God was some "Magic 8-ball".

Beloved Daughter

Alerting you all to this thread for iron sharpening iron that KJV is not so perfect as if it does not contain any errors, but the message for me to follow Him by and the truth in His words to discern good & evil by with His help as my Good Shepherd, is still why I am reliant only on the KJV for keeping the faith which is the good fight. Just saying.

@Theo1689 @Beloved Daughter @Conan @RiJoRi @logos1560 @TC Calvinist @Truther @Steven Avery

I personally see enough of your posts. As Theo, my brother in Christ is saying, so am I. Stop tagging me. If you want to address something I have said specifically, use the quote function.

That's the purpose of a discussion forum. You are choosing not to answer our questions. If you think you can avoid the truth in this manner, you are mistaken.

CARM has provided many tools to assist us in our discussions. Please use them correctly.

Shoonra

A Jewish translation, The Living Nach (1998, Moznaim Pub'g, NY & Jerusalem), has this footnote for First Chronicles 7:21:

Having been born in the land, the men of Gath were more familiar with the terrain and so were able to kill the Ephraimites who had gone down to seize their cattle (Rashi [Rabbi Shlomo ben-Isaac, 11th cent. France]). The Ephraimites, however, were born in the land of Egypt, before the exodus (Radak [Rabbi David Kimchi, 12th cent. France]; cf. Genesis 50:23)
Radak notes that Ephraim himself, who in verse 22 is said to have mourned from his slain children, never entered the land of Israel. Therefore, he concluses that this episode must have taken place during the forty years in the wilderness. The Sages place this even even earlier, identifying it with the one alluded to in Psalm 78:9-11 - - the Ephraimites miscalculated the expected date of the redemption from Egypt and attempted to leave 30 years too soon....