And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them…

This absolutely either IS or soon will be doable technology, and millions of people will want it. They won't care about the downsides of it (which are legion). They'll just think....I can have essentially a computer brain, be connected to the internet all the time without an actual device, get access to whatever information I want with just a thought.

I’m outta here…
You're not, though.

You're still here, and you're gonna be fear-mongering about it for (I'm guessing) several more decades at least.

Are there valid concerns about the technology and bio-ethics? Yup; no question about it.

Is this the precursor to some apocalypse you've been hoping to predict here for a long time now? Nope - or at least you've given us no credible reason to think so.

Every generation has seen the emergence of technology / stress which challenges the human race and its societies. Mayhap the one you've identified will do us in, or perhaps it'll be a launching point for human greatness; most likely it'll fall somewhere between those two extremes, and its fear-mongers will be properly forgotten.

You're not, though.

You're still here, and you're gonna be fear-mongering about it for (I'm guessing) several more decades at least.
Lol! I meant, I’m not buying what they’re trying to sell. If you try to stick a chip in my head and download my brain to some computer with “artificial” intelligence… I’m outta here.
Are there valid concerns about the technology and bio-ethics? Yup; no question about it.
Okay, what are your concerns???
Is this the precursor to some apocalypse you've been hoping to predict here for a long time now? Nope - or at least you've given us no credible reason to think so.
If sticking a chip in your head and handing over control of your mind and body to a super computer that has the potential to destroy humanity is NOT a credible reason…. WHAT IS??? In your opinion.
Every generation has seen the emergence of technology / stress which challenges the human race and its societies.
Good line! Here’s another one…

If you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will instantly leap out. But if you put it in a pot filled with pleasantly tepid water and gradually heat it, the frog will remain in the water until it boils to death.

It’s the preferred method to con people into accepting, the unacceptable.

Tell me… is there any line you will NOT cross? Genuine question.

Mayhap the one you've identified will do us in, or perhaps it'll be a launching point for human greatness; most likely it'll fall somewhere between those two extremes, and its fear-mongers will be properly forgotten.
I’m not trying to fear monger. I’m merely putting information up. This is what’s happening. This is what the claim is. And, yes… the Bible warns us about this stuff.

Have you heard how the creators of this tech, talk about their own product? Now that’s scary! They’re literally warning us that it can and will destroy us. But hey, it could be great, so… let’s give it a shot!

Its a gamble I’m not willing to take.

Last edited:
This absolutely either IS or soon will be doable technology, and millions of people will want it. They won't care about the downsides of it (which are legion). They'll just think....I can have essentially a computer brain, be connected to the internet all the time without an actual device, get access to whatever information I want with just a thought.
Well, they can’t say they haven’t been warned. Even the very creators of this tech have warned us.

They need our consent.

You're not, though.

Every generation has seen the emergence of technology / stress which challenges the human race and its societies. Mayhap the one you've identified will do us in, or perhaps it'll be a launching point for human greatness; most likely it'll fall somewhere between those two extremes, and its fear-mongers will be properly forgotten.
Some of the key scientists involved have expressed their comcern.
We are more comcerned for people like yourself, we have a new heaven and earth coming

Back