And just like that... Biden isn’t president anymore

J regia

And even though it's not all over till the fat man sings (assuming he can sing) and the latest poll last week was closer than the earlier polls, I'm sure that those polls will reflect how the 538 people actually vote on December 14th, even if some decide to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle and Colin Powell again. But in the meantime the fat man still hasn't tried to see if his big boy pants fit yet, and has just locked himself in his room and cries about why the suburban women don't like him and why his father bullied him and his brothers about losers.

But who actually selects those 538 people and how are they selected?

Last edited:

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
He has won the election. He is not the President. DUH double moronic DUH. Who do YOU think is President?
Just give a name or don't bother.
No, he hasn't won yet. No one has won, they are still counting votes, there will be recounts and audits. We shall see.

Electric Skeptic

No, he hasn't won yet. No one has won, they are still counting votes, there will be recounts and audits. We shall see.
I believe that it cannot be said that someone has actually 'officially' won the election until December 13, when the Electoral College actually votes - is that correct? Until then, even if a candidate were to be leading every state by a huge margin, he still hasn't 'officially' won. This news agency or that one might 'call' the election for him (just as they can 'call' various states for one candidate or the other, and just as various networks have 'called' the election as a whole for Biden), and he and his party might well proceed on the bases that he has won, but until the EC votes, nothing is certain. Only after December 13 is it strictly accurate to call anybody the President Elect.

Certainly, from the point of view of who won the election, what any news or TV network says has precisely zero input or influence. They are always predicting by extrapolation - and such predictions can always come unstuck and be proven wrong, even when recounts, audits and lawsuits aren't involved.

Whateverman

Where? All I see is more ballots coming in for Beijing Biden.
To be fair, it looks like his lead in PA is narrowing a bit. Last I checked, he was ahead by 40K and change (which is a slight decrease from the count a day ago), and there are 53K votes left to be counted.

FYI only. I have no idea if Biden's lost ground anywhere else, and I generally agree that he's not "losing votes all over the country"

Mr Laurier

You americans have a new president.
I do not understand the poor quality of the candidates. Neither side ran anyone who could be said to be a good choice.
Was Biden really the best the Democrats could find? A washed up, reactionary, careerist, conservative, hack?
Sure, he's better than Trump. But so is just about anybody.
Trump is the combined moral and ethical failings of Tiberius, Caligula, Nero, and Commodus. Distilled and wrapped in 350 lbs of rancid blubber.
Biden can best be seen as a placeholder, until a real president can be found. Hopefully he understands this.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that it cannot be said that someone has actually 'officially' won the election until December 13, when the Electoral College actually votes - is that correct?

Yes.
Until then, even if a candidate were to be leading every state by a huge margin, he still hasn't 'officially' won. This news agency or that one might 'call' the election for him (just as they can 'call' various states for one candidate or the other, and just as various networks have 'called' the election as a whole for Biden), and he and his party might well proceed on the bases that he has won, but until the EC votes, nothing is certain. Only after December 13 is it strictly accurate to call anybody the President Elect.

Correct.
Certainly, from the point of view of who won the election, what any news or TV network says has precisely zero input or influence. They are always predicting by extrapolation - and such predictions can always come unstuck and be proven wrong, even when recounts, audits and lawsuits aren't involved.
I believe they are trying to influence and election. They called AZ before voters had finished voting. They should be held accountable for election interference.
There shouldn't be all this pomp and circumstance on election night. Let the voters vote. Nothing can be called until all votes are counted....all LEGAL votes, THEN and only then should a winner be declared.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
You americans have a new president.
I do not understand the poor quality of the candidates. Neither side ran anyone who could be said to be a good choice.

Your opinion is noted, but not accepted.
Was Biden really the best the Democrats could find? A washed up, reactionary, careerist, conservative, hack?
Sure, he's better than Trump.

No, he's anything but better than Trump.
But so is just about anybody.
Well, over 70 million Americans disagree with you. He received the most votes of any incumbent President. Even more than Obama.

Michael R2

Yes.

Correct.

I believe they are trying to influence and election. They called AZ before voters had finished voting. They should be held accountable for election interference.
There shouldn't be all this pomp and circumstance on election night. Let the voters vote. Nothing can be called until all votes are counted....all LEGAL votes, THEN and only then should a winner be declared.
I don't recall the exact time, but I believe it was near midnight EST when Arizona was called by FOX news, after the polls had closed. I could be wrong here, as I was half asleep watching the returns. However, FOX was the only news outlet that called it Tuesday night. I believe AP didn't call it until the wee hours Wednesday morning, and others held off for days.

Temujin

Your opinion is noted, but not accepted.

No, he's anything but better than Trump.

Well, over 70 million Americans disagree with you. He received the most votes of any incumbent President. Even more than Obama.
But not as many as Biden, the person he was actually running against.

DieBrille

He's the President elect. We had none of this nit-picking fastidiousness four years ago.

Trump is in the middle of one last act of petulant spite worthy of a third grader elected by followers of a cult of personality who will never lose the Trumpstink upon them.

Whateverman

He's the President elect. We had none of this nit-picking fastidiousness four years ago.
Quite right. There's now a thread claiming the "Main Stream Media" is going to pay FCC fines for spreading lies about Biden being president. I imagine quite a few Republicans will suddenly get verrrrrry nervous if that comes to pass :D

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
I don't recall the exact time, but I believe it was near midnight EST when Arizona was called by FOX news, after the polls had closed. I could be wrong here, as I was half asleep watching the returns. However, FOX was the only news outlet that called it Tuesday night. I believe AP didn't call it until the wee hours Wednesday morning, and others held off for days.
They called it before everyone had voted.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
He's the President elect.

No, he isn't.....there isn't a President 'elect' until December.
We had none of this nit-picking fastidiousness four years ago.

We also didn't have massive fraudulent mail in ballots.....if the tables were turned, the leftists would be burning the country down right now.
Trump is in the middle of one last act of petulant spite worthy of a third grader elected by followers of a cult of personality who will never lose the Trumpstink upon them.
Not by a long shot.....see my answer above. We civilized Trump supporters aren't out burning our country down, but if this was reversed, the Democrats would be.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Quite right. There's now a thread claiming the "Main Stream Media" is going to pay FCC fines for spreading lies about Biden being president. I imagine quite a few Republicans will suddenly get verrrrrry nervous if that comes to pass :D
As they should.....Both sides have corrupt politicians. The Dems were just stupid enough to put forth two of the MOST corrupt. Clinton and Biden.

DieBrille

No, he isn't.....there isn't a President 'elect' until December.

We also didn't have massive fraudulent mail in ballots.....if the tables were turned, the leftists would be burning the country down right now.
We don't now. we have a proven pathological liar saying there is. That's all. He has not given a scrap of evidence that has past muster in any court of law, that may be good enough edit per mod
Not by a long shot.....see my answer above. We civilized Trump supporters aren't out burning our country down, but if this was reversed, the Democrats would be.
Get off it. It's all over bar the shouting. The whole world is acting as though he is the PE. The lights are going out on that piece of filth you elected.
It's way past time.

Last edited by a moderator: