Anemendatheism

Electric Skeptic

Anemendatheism: Noun. Refusal to admit error or mistake, regardless of how egregious, when that error or mistake is pointed out by an atheist.

the Greek 'an' - not, without
the Latin 'emendo' - correct, amend
the Latin 'a' - not, without
the Greek 'theos' - god

Usage:

"I see that conservative 'Christian' is suffering from anemendatheism. Poor guy. Hopefully he gets over it and learns to admit his errors."

Seems like we have a bit of it around here.

Reactions: Nic

stiggy wiggy

Anexemploignoramusanemendatheism: Noun; inability to give an example of anemendatheism

Usage:

"I see that pretentious atheist thinking he's clever, just made up a stupid word while failing miserably to give an example. Hopefully he is embarrassed by his anexemploignoramusanemendatheism."

Electric Skeptic

Anexemploignoramusanemendatheism: Noun; inability to give an example of anemendatheism

Usage:

"I see that pretentious atheist thinking he's clever, just made up a stupid word while failing miserably to give an example. Hopefully he is embarrassed by his anexemploignoramusanemendatheism."
Thanks for being the first person to post about my new word - very fitting, since you're one of the leaders in suffering from anemendatheism.

Eightcrackers

Anemendatheism: Noun. Refusal to admit error or mistake, regardless of how egregious, when that error or mistake is pointed out by an atheist.

the Greek 'theos' - god

Usage:

"I see that conservative 'Christian' is suffering from anemendatheism. Poor guy. Hopefully he gets over it and learns to admit his errors."

Please come up with a word for

"inability to answer a yes/no question with a yes or a no."

The Pixie

Please come up with a word for

"inability to answer a yes/no question with a yes or a no."
I think the two are closely related.

Sufferers of anemendatheism have learnt that refusing to commit one way of the other is a useful strategy to avoid anyone pointing out they are wrong.

Ask stiggy his position on what happens to unbelieves after death and he will give you post after post where he refuses to actually say anything, because he knows it he states his position clearly he will expose himself to ridicule.

Here is a thread SeveB started about religious doubt, but in every post he refuses to actually discuss the topic of his own thread.

A thread from Furion where he asks atheists to answer his question - but steadfastly refuses to do so himself.

Any post from ferengi in an exercise in avoiding anything of substance for fear she might have to back it up.

This is what happens to Christians who hang around here long enough. Kind of sad really.

stiggy wiggy

Thanks for being the first person to post about my new word - very fitting, since you're one of the leaders in suffering from anemendatheism.

Thanks for being the first person to post about my new word - very fitting, since you're one of the leaders in suffering from anexemploignoramusanemendatheism: inability to give an example of anemendatheism

stiggy wiggy

Ask stiggy his position on what happens to unbelieves after death and he will give you post after post where he refuses to actually say anything

WHAT? I've told you over and over and over again that I think you're bound for hell.

You're always whining about my "position." We ought to make up a new word for doofuses who think every belief or opinion is a "position."

The Pixie

WHAT? I've told you over and over and over again that I think you're bound for hell.
Then you would be happy to make clear
  • if people in hell suffer?
  • do they suffer for eternity?
  • does God choose for them to suffer?
  • who engineered the system that results in unbelievers going to hell?
  • do all who reject Jesus go to hell, or do some go to heaven?
  • do all who accept Jesus go to heaven or do some go to hell?
If my original statement was correct, you will fail to answer most of these.

Furion

the Greek 'theos' - god

Usage:

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I think you can do better.

How about Normalatheism?

Usage:

"I see spot and his Normalatheism human, looky there, spot took a dump and he just left it there, how inconsiderate."

Seems like there is a bit of that too.

stiggy wiggy

Then you would be happy to make clear
  • if people in hell suffer?

Yes.

• do they suffer for eternity.

Not sure. I have no firm "position." But I Tim 4:10 should give you hope that you may only fry for 1,000 years.

• does God choose for them to suffer?

No. Their choice.

• who engineered the system that results in unbelievers going to hell?

No one. It's not a system.

• do all who reject Jesus go to hell, or do some go to heaven?

The former.

• do all who accept Jesus go to heaven or do some go to hell?

The former.

If my original statement was correct, you will fail to answer most of these.

Don't you ever grow weary of always being wrong? You're the Dick Morris of CARM.

Torin

the Greek 'theos' - god

Usage:

When I realize that someone has the trait you call "anemendatheism," I deal with that by not engaging with them.

I commend this policy of mine to you.

SteveB

the Greek 'theos' - god

Usage:

😳

And here I thought it was an actual word, in ANY dictionary.
🤔
I did find someone whose name is
Ane Mend
On Facebook. I didn't bother checking them out.

Pretty clear that when you need to create a new word to justify your ignorance, you've just provided proof that what Paul said of you is true.

Rom 1:21-22 WEB 21 Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

it's sad, really...

Do you intend on publishing your new anemendism in urban dictionary?

I'm sure they'd love it.

At least you would have something to show for your life.🙄

The Pixie

Yes.

Not sure. I have no firm "position." But I Tim 4:10 should give you hope that you may only fry for 1,000 years.
Okay, so people suffer in hell for a least 1000 years.

No. Their choice.
Do you really think people choose to go to hell?

I choose not to.

Does that mean I will not go to hell, stiggy?

No one. It's not a system.
Of course it is.

Someone created hell. Who was that? God?

Someone decided that certain people should end up there. Who was that? God?

Someone decided what the criteria would be. Who was that? God?

The former.

The former.
So the only criterium is whether you accept Jesus. All who accept Jesus avoid hell. All who reject Jesus go to hell. It is nothing to do with morality - how good a person you are - it is just down to kowtowing to God.

Did God decide that that would be the criterium? Who else could it possibly be? God created hell. God decided the criterium for people going there. By any reasonable view, God sends people to suffer in hell for at least a thousand years if they choose to reject Jesus.

Which is torturing them.

Don't you ever grow weary of always being wrong? You're the Dick Morris of CARM.
I can live with being wrong. I must admit that was quite a surprise, after the dodging you have done.

stiggy wiggy

Do you really think people choose to go to hell?

I choose not to.

You choose to reject Jesus Christ.

Does that mean I will not go to hell, stiggy?

If you continue to reject Him, you most certainly will.

Of course it is.

Someone created hell.

We create our own hell. Jesus rescued me from mine.

Someone decided that certain people should end up there.

Your decision.

Someone decided what the criteria would be.

No they didn't.

So the only criterium is whether you accept Jesus. All who accept Jesus avoid hell. All who reject Jesus go to hell.

Correct.

It is nothing to do with morality - how good a person you are - it is just down to kowtowing to God.

Correct. If we kowtow to Jesus Christ, we find sweet release from our sins. I TRY to kowtow to his LOVE on a daily basis.

Did God decide that that would be the criterium? Who else could it possibly be? God created hell. God decided the criterium for people going there. By any reasonable view, God sends people to suffer in hell for at least a thousand years if they choose to reject Jesus.

So now that you know the criterium (sic), you are without excuse.

Which is torturing them.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I can live with being wrong.

You have no choice. Being wrong is your primary characteristic, and you can't escape yourself.

I must admit that was quite a surprise, after the dodging you have done.

[He says after DODGING the task of giving one single example (see my new word in this very thread), oblivious to the irony, if not the hypocrisy.]

Furion

When I realize that someone has the trait you call "anemendatheism," I deal with that by not engaging with them.

lol

Will y'all sit in a corner and talk amongst yourselves?

Jesus is not going away ya know, despite impassioned pleas to eradicate it.

The Pixie

You choose to reject Jesus Christ.
Correct. But not go to hell.

Who has decided that those reject Jesus will go to hell? Who made that choice, stiggy?

God chose.

If you continue to reject Him, you most certainly will.
Because God chose to set it up so that those who reject Jesus go to hell.

God chose.

We create our own hell. Jesus rescued me from mine.
Then I choose not to create mine.

Is that how it works?

No. Because God has set it up so that I will suffer for at least a thousand years - even though I choose not to suffer - because I reject Jesus.

God chose.

I earlier said:
Someone decided that certain people should end up there.
Your decision.
No it was not. My choice is that people do not end up in hell.

Someone is choosing to ignore my choice, and do what he wants instead - to make me suffer for rejecting Jesus.

That someone is God.

God chose.

I earlier said:
Someone decided what the criteria would be.
No they didn't.
No one made that choice? So how did it come about? Was it just an accident?

I earlier said:
So the only criterium is whether you accept Jesus. All who accept Jesus avoid hell. All who reject Jesus go to hell.
Correct.

Correct. If we kowtow to Jesus Christ, we find sweet release from our sins. I TRY to kowtow to his LOVE on a daily basis.
And apparently no one decided that that was how it was to be determined; no one decided that that would be the criterion. It was just an accident!

Curious the mental contortions Christians go though to absolve God of all responsibility.

[He says after DODGING the task of giving one single example (see my new word in this very thread), oblivious to the irony, if not the hypocrisy.]
My bad, I assumed it was rhetorical, given how often we do this.

Pix: Does he punish those who reject Jesus? Christianity says yes. Do you disagree? We both know you do not.
Does that punishment involve suffering? Christianity says yes. Do you disagree? We both know you do not.
Hence, God tortures the billions of people who reject Jesus. It is as simple as that.

stiggy: If it's so simple, why are you floundering and flapping your fins like a freshly caught, unhooked fish on a dock, without any scriptural support to back up your mouthing off? I have no interest in what YOU of all people claim that "Christianity says."

Pix: And, of course, you cannot counter my opinions because you dare not reveal what your true belief is with regards to hell.

stiggy: Shove it, Pharisee. Take it up with the Behavior Police.
WRONG! Why lie? Show me where I said that. I will read no further until you try and fail to do so. You are now flustrated beyond belief. Why?

Pix: I am still waiting for you to make clear you position on hell.

stiggy: Idiotic. A "consequence" of someone who is drowning NOT taking the hand of a lifeguard offering him a rescue is that he will drown. Only an imbecile would claim that the lifeguard drowned the victim.

Pix: Again you fail to explain what your actual position is on hell.

stiggy: It's where you are bound.

And pretty much the whole of this thread:

stiggy wiggy

Correct. But not go to hell.

Who has decided that those reject Jesus will go to hell?

No one. Who has decided that 2+2=4?

God chose.

Do you think God chose that 2+2=4?

Then I choose not to create mine.

You have no choice not to choose. Kinda like you cannot choose to choose not to breathe. Try it.

No it was not. My choice is that people do not end up in hell.

Tough. They do anyway.

No one made that choice? So how did it come about?

How did it "come about" that 2+2=4?

Pix: Does he punish those who reject Jesus? Christianity says yes. Do you disagree? We both know you do not.
Does that punishment involve suffering? Christianity says yes. Do you disagree? We both know you do not.
Hence, God tortures the billions of people who reject Jesus. It is as simple as that.

stiggy: If it's so simple, why are you floundering and flapping your fins like a freshly caught, unhooked fish on a dock, without any scriptural support to back up your mouthing off? I have no interest in what YOU of all people claim that "Christianity says."

EXACTLY! You dodged my question as to why I should care what your take on what "Christianity" says, as opposed to scripture. Thanks for reminding me.

Pix: And, of course, you cannot counter my opinions because you dare not reveal what your true belief is with regards to hell.

stiggy: Shove it, Pharisee. Take it up with the Behavior Police.
WRONG! Why lie? Show me where I said that. I will read no further until you try and fail to do so. You are now flustrated beyond belief. Why?

Heh. Still waiting.

Pix: I am still waiting for you to make clear you position on hell.

stiggy: Idiotic. A "consequence" of someone who is drowning NOT taking the hand of a lifeguard offering him a rescue is that he will drown. Only an imbecile would claim that the lifeguard drowned the victim.

Pix: Again you fail to explain what your actual position is on hell.

stiggy: It's where you are bound.

Yep. I stand by every word of it. Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane.

Electric Skeptic

Sadly, that would mean not engaging with a large number of conservative 'Christians' on this forum. While I can see the wisdom in your approach, I prefer to try to get them to actually admit to error now and then. It's entertaining.