Anemendatheism

Electric Skeptic

😳

And here I thought it was an actual word, in ANY dictionary.
πŸ€”
I did find someone whose name is
Ane Mend
On Facebook. I didn't bother checking them out.

Pretty clear that when you need to create a new word to justify your ignorance, you've just provided proof that what Paul said of you is true.

Rom 1:21-22 WEB 21 Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

it's sad, really...

Do you intend on publishing your new anemendism in urban dictionary?

I'm sure they'd love it.

At least you would have something to show for your life.πŸ™„
Since I've not "create[d] a new word to justify [my] ignorance, your post is nonsense.

SteveB

Since I've not "create[d] a new word to justify [my] ignorance, your post is nonsense.
Then by all means, please provide a dictionary source for your word.
I looked on Google, which accesses all the digital dictionaries and there wasn't a single hit...
There's nothing, literally..... not one single hit. See attached picture.

I then took the first part, anemend, and got curious, but meaningless hits. One of those was a Facebook page for a person named Ane Mend.

So, yes... in fact, you made up a word, or... since you stated this, more than likely you plagiarized it from someone else who made it up.

So.... yes. My post being nonsense, is responding to nonsense.

To point out the nonsense that you so eloquently suggest is meaningful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-125921_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210827-125921_Google.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 0

Electric Skeptic

Then by all means, please provide a dictionary source for your word.
I looked on Google, which accesses all the digital dictionaries and there wasn't a single hit...
There's nothing, literally..... not one single hit. See attached picture.

I then took the first part, anemend, and got curious, but meaningless hits. One of those was a Facebook page for a person named Ane Mend.

So, yes... in fact, you made up a word, or... since you stated this, more than likely you plagiarized it from someone else who made it up.
Wrong again!

So.... yes. My post being nonsense, is responding to nonsense.

To point out the nonsense that you so eloquently suggest is meaningful.
If only you could...

SteveB

Which is irrelevant.
Actually, it's entirely relevant. It's your op, your word, your definition, and there's absolutely no other usage of it on the internet. Nothing.
So, you either made it up or you're a plagiarist.
That you think otherwise just shows your lack of awareness of language.

Electric Skeptic

Actually, it's entirely relevant.
No, it's not at all relevant.

It's your op, your word, your definition, and there's absolutely no other usage of it on the internet. Nothing.
Yup.

So, you either made it up or you're a plagiarist.
Yup.

That you think otherwise just shows your lack of awareness of language.
...and there you go again, making something up. Can you ever just discuss without inventing something that the other person never said? Do you ever just have a discussion in good faith?

The Pixie

No one. Who has decided that 2+2=4?
So yoiu are really saying it was not up to God that people who reject God go to hell?

That seems very convenient.

Do you think God chose that 2+2=4?
Me? I do not think god exists, stiggy.

Do you think God created hell? Or is that like 2+2=4; it has always been that way and God is powerless to do anything about it.

Do you think God devised the Ten Commandments? Or is that like 2+2=4; the laws always been that way and God merely reiterated them.

You have no choice not to choose. Kinda like you cannot choose to choose not to breathe. Try it.
Do you know what the word "choose" means stiggy?

Previously:

Pix: does God choose for them to suffer?

stiggy: No. Their choice.

In what sense is it "Their choice" stiggy, if they "have no choice not to choose" hell ?

Heh. Still waiting.
See here:

You replied, so you know I responded.

EXACTLY! You dodged my question as to why I should care what your take on what "Christianity" says, as opposed to scripture. Thanks for reminding me.
I do not know why you should care. You tell me why you keep replying.

stiggy wiggy

So yoiu are really saying it was not up to God that people who reject God go to hell?

Do you think God created hell?

You create your own hell.

Do you think God devised the Ten Commandments?

Yep.

Do you know what the word "choose" means stiggy?

Yep, sure do.

Previously:

Pix: does God choose for them to suffer?

stiggy: No. Their choice.

Yep, their choice.

In what sense is it "Their choice" stiggy, if they "have no choice not to choose" hell ?

They can choose Christ.

See here:

You replied, so you know I responded.

Show me where I said you didn't.

Your bungling of a thread is directly proportional to how easily frustrated and flustered you get.

SteveB

Once again your inability to actually communicate with people surfaces.
Oh, I communicate just fine.

Your ongoing comments are so hilariously ridiculous that I effectively communicated my views on them, and your need to either create a word, or plagiarize it, and then deny having done either, when you have been presented evidence that Google doesn't even know what you're talking about.

But, by all means please continue.

Paul really did nail it when he stated that your closed mind, results in a darkened heart, further resulting in a profound sense of self-importance that is sheer folly and madness.

Congratulations ES! You've achieved what you were terrified of experiencing.

Nic

Anemendatheism: Noun. Refusal to admit error or mistake, regardless of how egregious, when that error or mistake is pointed out by an atheist.

the Greek 'an' - not, without
the Latin 'emendo' - correct, amend
the Latin 'a' - not, without
the Greek 'theos' - god

Usage:

"I see that conservative 'Christian' is suffering from anemendatheism. Poor guy. Hopefully he gets over it and learns to admit his errors."

Seems like we have a bit of it around here.
I see this as a subset of cognitive dissonance, I think everyone is subject to it, yet if a person humbles himself and let's themselves become transparent and works with the premise, although I believe X to be true, I could always be wrong... . I don't believe this invalidates anyone's belief about a position but sets the tone for a more civil dialog by demonstrating the empathy towards opposing views while espousing your own. At the end of the day hopefully all parties come away with greater understanding and appreciation of what makes the other tick.
At least those are my initial thoughts.

Last edited:

Electric Skeptic

Oh, I communicate just fine.
No, you don't, as you yourself have admitted.

Your ongoing comments are so hilariously ridiculous that I effectively communicated my views on them, and your need to either create a word, or plagiarize it, and then deny having done either, when you have been presented evidence that Google doesn't even know what you're talking about.

But, by all means please continue.

Paul really did nail it when he stated that your closed mind, results in a darkened heart, further resulting in a profound sense of self-importance that is sheer folly and madness.

Congratulations ES! You've achieved what you were terrified of experiencing.
And more of your usual falsehoods, making things up, and irrelevant nonsense.

Despite ten years of atheists consistently telling you that you are failing to communicate with them, it's always the atheist who doesn't know how to engage. Every atheist on here in the last ten years. All their fault. It just couldn't possibly be you. I'm sure there's something about humility somewhere in the bible...not in your copy, apparently.

Until you learn, acknowledge and accept that a person can be just as intelligent as you, just as knowledgeable as you, just as eager for the truth as you, just as well-read as you, just as experienced as you, just as sincere as you, and come to the opposite conclusion about God, Jesus and Christianity, You will never be able to communicate with anybody other than Christians on this issue.

The Pixie

You create your own hell.
What does that mean stiggy? Why would I create a place where I suffer?

Why does everyone who failed to accept Jesus build their own hell?

What you are saying is that a person who spent his whole life doing good deeds, working for charities in warzones risking his life, etc. - a far beter person than you or I - but raised as a Hindu, and so adopting the religion of his culture will, on his death, create his own hell - and he will do it because he chooses to.

See, it is nonsense like this that makes me reject Christianity. It is not just morally abhorrent, it just ails to make sense.

I earlier said:
Do you think God devised the Ten Commandments?
So therefore God devised the commandment to love and worship him. That is not like 2+2=4. 2+2=4 is fundamental; something God did not invent, did not choose. The law to love and worship God, however, was devised by God.

How does that fit with your claim that God did not choose what happened to those who broke the law? How come God devised the law, but according to you the punishment for breaking the law God devised is as fundamental to the universe as 2+2=4?

If God had not devised that particular law, no one would go to hell. Did he know when he devised it how much suffering he would cause?

They can choose Christ.
What of all the people born before Jesus? How could they choose Christ?

What of King David, for example? How could he choose Christ? And apparently God was powerless to save him, so he was forced by something even stronger than God to build his own hell.

stiggy wiggy

What does that mean stiggy? Why would I create a place where I suffer?

Good question. Why do you?

Why does everyone who failed to accept Jesus build their own hell?

What you are saying is that a person who spent his whole life doing good deeds, working for charities in warzones risking his life, etc. - a far beter person than you or I - but raised as a Hindu, and so adopting the religion of his culture will, on his death, create his own hell - and he will do it because he chooses to.

No I'm not. I said nothing about Hindus. You are not a Hindu.

See, it is nonsense like this that makes me reject Christianity.

To your own peril.

So therefore God devised the commandment to love and worship him. That is not like 2+2=4. 2+2=4 is fundamental; something God did not invent, did not choose. The law to love and worship God, however, was devised by God.

Correct.

How does that fit with your claim that God did not choose what happened to those who broke the law?

Fits in quite well.

How come God devised the law, but according to you the punishment for breaking the law God devised is as fundamental to the universe as 2+2=4?

What do you mean "how come?" HOW COME you don't get it?

If God had not devised that particular law, no one would go to hell.

Is it a law that if you stick your hand in a fire you'll get burned?

Did he know when he devised it how much suffering he would cause?

Prove He "devised" it.

They couldn't. You can.

What of King David, for example? How could he choose Christ?

He DID!

The Pixie

Good question. Why do you?
I do not.

No I'm not. I said nothing about Hindus. You are not a Hindu.
Hindus reject Jesus.

Pix: do all who reject Jesus go to hell, or do some go to heaven?

stiggy: The former.

Have you changed your mind, stiggy?

I earlier said:
How does that fit with your claim that God did not choose what happened to those who broke the law?
Fits in quite well.
But you cannot say how it does that, can you?

Because it makes no sense.

I earlier said:
How come God devised the law, but according to you the punishment for breaking the law God devised is as fundamental to the universe as 2+2=4?
What do you mean "how come?" HOW COME you don't get it?
I do not get it because it makes no sense. The fact that you cannot explain it makes that obvious.

You are saying that the punishment for sin of rejecting Jesus is fundamental to the universe, like 2+2=4, something God had no power over. And yet you also say God chose for that to be a sin in the first place.

Is it a law that if you stick your hand in a fire you'll get burned?
No nation has such a law; it is a fact of life. But a fact of life that God - if he exists - presumably devised.

A better analogy would be if sticking your hand in fire did not cause you to get burned, but then God decided doing so is a sin, and at that point it magically became very dangerous to put your hand in fire.

And at that point, God becomes at least partly responsible for everyone who gets burnt in a fire. Sure, some idiots do it deliberately, but a lot of people get burnt by accident, and that pain is because God chose to make putting your hand in fire burn you.

Prove He "devised" it.
The Pix: Do you think God devised the Ten Commandments?

stiggy: Yep.

Changed your mind on that one too?

I earlier said:
They couldn't.
Right. So what happens to them?

I earlier said:
What of King David, for example? How could he choose Christ?
So you cannot say how?

I guess not.

stiggy wiggy

Hindus reject Jesus.

Many don't and thereby become ex-Hindus. Many, unlike you, never heard the real truth about Jesus, so unlike you, never rejected Him.

Have you changed your mind, stiggy?

Nope. Another false guess on your part. Strike 1!

Because it makes no sense.

To you. Geology makes no sense to a two year old.

You are saying that the punishment for sin of rejecting Jesus is fundamental to the universe, like 2+2=4,

Yep. Kinda like the punishment for rejecting honesty is penal servitude. Fundamental to every universal society.

No nation has such a law;

Correct. It is a universal law, even greater than a national one.

A better analogy would be if sticking your hand in fire did not cause you to get burned, but then God decided doing so is a sin,

Yes. Sins hurt us. God declares things to be sins in order to protect us. Sins cause us to burn.

The Pix: Do you think God devised the Ten Commandments?

stiggy: Yep.

Changed your mind on that one too?

STRIKE TWO!!

Right. So what happens to them?

Correct.

So you cannot say how?

I guess not.

STRIKE 3!

You're outta there, and this ain't Cricket.