Animal sacrifices during the Millenium

The laws God gave to Israel through Moses included a requirement that they sacrifice animals as an atonement for their sins. These sacrifices didn’t actually take away sins but only served as a picture of what Christ would do when he died for sin. Hebrews 10:11-14 says,

And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Now that Christ has come these sacrifices are no longer needed.

The last part of Ezekiel, from chapter 40 through the end, describes what life will be like in the Millenium. The land will be divided among the twelve tribes. A new temple will be built. And animals will once again be sacrificed in accordance with the Mosaic law. But if Christ has paid for sins what will be the purpose of these sacrifices?

Before his crucifixion Jesus established a new practice which was to take the place of the sacrifices.

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
1 Corinthians 11:23-25
But there was to be a limit on how long this practice would be in effect. The next verse says,

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
After his return animal sacrifices will apparently be resumed to serve as a reminder of what he did. The purpose of the Old Testament sacrifices was to show what Christ was going to do; the purpose of the Millennial sacrifices will be to remind them of what he has done. The present age, in which the sacrifices aren’t offered at all, separates the two.

There is another possible reason for the resumption of animal sacrifices. The Bible’s descriptions of life in the millennium show that death will be extremely rare. It may be possible for those born during this time to go through their whole lives without any personal contact with death. But the salvation message will be the same, that Christ died for our sins. In this age we don’t have any problem understanding this because we see death all around us and know what happens when someone dies. But those who lack our personal knowledge of death will probably find it harder to understand the message. Perhaps one of the purposes of animal sacrifices will be to show them what death is like so they can understand better what Christ did.

Keraz

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Matthew 5:18.

There are several passages in the Old Testament that clearly indicate animal sacrifice will be re-instituted by the new citizens of all the holy Land. Isaiah 56:1-8, Ezekiel 20:40-41 Obviously, they must be, as the Anti-Christ will stop them; Daniel 9:27

The passage that is the most extensive, giving the greatest detail, is Ezekiel 43:18 and 46:24.

It should be noted that this is part of a greater passage dealing with the period after the Lords faithful people go to live in all of the holy Land, soon after the Land is cleared and cleansed; before Jesus Returns.

A prophecy that plainly states how those people will build the Temple, a new Temple that will surpass all other temples previously built, even Herod’s temple that was quite large, which existed during the earthly ministry of Christ. Haggai 2:6-9

The Shekinah Glory of God will come into it. Ezekiel 43:1-4

After giving details concerning the size, 1 Kings 6:1-3, and appearance of the Temple and the Altar, the Lord then begins to give detailed instruction as to the animal sacrifices that will be offered. Ezekiel 43:18-27

In chapter 44, the Lord gives instructions as to who will be offering sacrifices to the Lord. The Lord states that all of the Levites will not be offering blood and fat to the Lord due to previous sin; it will be those from the lineage of Zadok, (verse 15). Isaiah 66:21, Revelation 5:10

Chapters 45 and 46 continue to mention that animal sacrifices will be made. Even after Jesus Returns; Zechariah 14:16-21

The primary objection made to the idea of animal sacrifices returning is that Christ has come and offered a perfect sacrifice for sin, and there is therefore no need to sacrifice animals for sin. However, it must be remembered that animal sacrifice never removed the sin that spiritually separates a person from the Lord.
Hebrews 10:1-4 says, “For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins".

It is incorrect to think that animal sacrifices took away sins in the Old Testament, and it is incorrect to think they will do so again. Animal sacrifices served as object lessons for the sinner, that sin was and is a horrible offense against God, and that the result of sin is death.

Romans 3:20 says, “Because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.”

Most scholars agree that the purpose of animal sacrifice is memorial in nature. As the Lord’s Supper is a reminder of the death of Christ to the Church today, animal sacrifices will be a reminder until Jesus Returns. To those born during that time, animal sacrifices will again be an object lesson. During that future time, righteousness and holiness will prevail, but those with earthly bodies will still have a sin nature, and there will be a need to teach about how offensive sin is to a holy and righteous God.

Animal sacrifices will serve that purpose, "but in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year". Hebrews 10:3

CrowCross

Is it possible this is during the 7 year trip, after the rapture when the Church is removed and the clock starts back up for the Jews?

Keraz

Is it possible this is during the 7 year trip, after the rapture when the Church is removed and the clock starts back up for the Jews?
No. Only a remnant will survive into the Millennium. They will be so ashamed, they won't speak. Ezekiel 16:63

There is no such thing as a 'rapture to heaven', for anyone other than the 2 Witnesses.

It should be noted that this is part of a greater passage dealing with the period after the Lords faithful people go to live in all of the holy Land, soon after the Land is cleared and cleansed; before Jesus Returns.

I agree with most of what you say, but this actually describes what will happen during the Millennium, after Jesus returns and become the ruler of the entire earth.

CrowCross

No. Only a remnant will survive into the Millennium. They will be so ashamed, they won't speak. Ezekiel 16:63

There is no such thing as a 'rapture to heaven', for anyone other than the 2 Witnesses.
I have to wonder why someone would even say that. Especially when there is 1 Thes 4 and 1 Cor 15.

Keraz

I agree with most of what you say, but this actually describes what will happen during the Millennium, after Jesus returns and become the ruler of the entire earth.
The Lords faithful Christian people will be living in all of the holy Land BEFORE Jesus Returns.
Proved by Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7
I have to wonder why someone would even say that. Especially when there is 1 Thes 4 and 1 Cor 15.
Those prophesies never mention heaven as a place humans will go to. We are earth people and we never leave here. Eventually; God Himself will come to dwell with mankind on earth. Revelation 21:1-7

CrowCross

The Lords faithful Christian people will be living in all of the holy Land BEFORE Jesus Returns.
Proved by Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7

Those prophesies never mention heaven as a place humans will go to. We are earth people and we never leave here. Eventually; God Himself will come to dwell with mankind on earth. Revelation 21:1-7
What does "caught up together with them in the clouds" mean??

Keraz

What does "caught up together with them in the clouds" mean??
It means that those faithful Christians who are still alive when Jesus Returns, will be transported to where Jesus is. Initially in the clouds, then to Jerusalem. Just a Philip was. Acts 8:39
Proved by Matthew 24:30-31

CrowCross

It means that those faithful Christians who are still alive when Jesus Returns, will be transported to where Jesus is. Initially in the clouds, then to Jerusalem. Just a Philip was. Acts 8:39
Proved by Matthew 24:30-31
You would have to demonstrate that biblically.

Matt 24: 30 At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven,c and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.31 And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Matthew doesn't even mention Jerusalem. So, how is it proven?

Actually according to scripture Jesus Returns twice....once in the clouds (rapture) then at the end of the tribulation riding a white horse.

Keraz

Matthew doesn't even mention Jerusalem. So, how is it proven?
By Zechariah 14:3 Jesus Returns to Jerusalem.
Actually according to scripture Jesus Returns twice....once in the clouds (rapture) then at the end of the tribulation riding a white horse.
You ask me to prove my points with scripture, but you make wild assertions?
Jesus is never said in the Bible to 'rapture the Church'. That idea is a Satanic lie.

CrowCross

By Zechariah 14:3 Jesus Returns to Jerusalem.

You ask me to prove my points with scripture, but you make wild assertions?
Jesus is never said in the Bible to 'rapture the Church'. That idea is a Satanic lie.
I believe I mentioned earlier Jesus returns twice...so to speak...the first time at the rapture in the air and the second time he does come and stand on earth.

In the book of Acts the angels tell them Jesus will return in the way He left...in acts He was taken up into the clouds...at the rapture we meet Christ in the clouds.
Near the end of the book of Revelation Jesus is said to be returning on a white horse.....Jesus didn't ascend into heaven on a white horse. It is at that time Jesus will stand on the mountain and it will split. That event is Zechariah 14.

Keraz

I believe I mentioned earlier Jesus returns twice...so to speak...the first time at the rapture in the air and the second time he does come and stand on earth.

In the book of Acts the angels tell them Jesus will return in the way He left...in acts He was taken up into the clouds...at the rapture we meet Christ in the clouds.
Near the end of the book of Revelation Jesus is said to be returning on a white horse.....Jesus didn't ascend into heaven on a white horse. It is at that time Jesus will stand on the mountain and it will split. That event is Zechariah 14.
All one and the same event. Described with more details each time.

CrowCross

All one and the same event. Described with more details each time.
I figures someone with your expertise would have known what I was talking about...I was wrong.

Acts 1:9 After He had said this, they watched as He was taken up, and a cloud hid Him from their sight. 10 They were looking intently into the sky as He was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.”

Here it how Acts will be fulfilled...at the rapture of the Church
1 Thes 4: 17 After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

In the Bible we also have Jesus returning....notice the differences.

Rev 19:11 Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war.

The rider is on a white horse....The rider is Jesus coming back to earth. This is not the way Luke describes Jesus as ascending in the book of Acts...No white horse.

Do you need more details?

Base12

After his return animal sacrifices will apparently be resumed to serve as a reminder of what he did.
This is incorrect. The Temple described in Ezekiel will never be built... ever.

It was a conditional promise that never made it to fruition. The Key verse...

Ezekiel 43:11
"And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them."

If the Israelites repented, God was going to build that Temple. They did not repent, thus the plans were scrapped.

The Bible’s descriptions of life in the millennium show that death will be extremely rare.
This is also incorrect. This verse is misinterpreted...

Isaiah 65:20
"There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed."

The word 'for' in the above verse should be understood to mean 'otherwise'. Like this...

Isaiah 65:20
"There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: otherwise the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed."

The verse is stating that there are no infants or old people in Heaven. Everyone will be the same age, 'otherwise' there would be obvious problems.

Keraz

I figures someone with your expertise would have known what I was talking about...I was wrong.
I can see what your agenda is.
You have the fanciful idea of going to live in heaven. Jesus will come to get His Church before the bad things happen., the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowl of Revelation.
Too bad there is no scripture that says the Lord intends to take anyone other that the 2 Witnesses to heaven. Many scriptures say we must stand firm in our faith through all that must happen. When Jesus does Return, He will our rewards with Him. Matthew 16:27

CrowCross

I can see what your agenda is.
You have the fanciful idea of going to live in heaven. Jesus will come to get His Church before the bad things happen., the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowl of Revelation.
Too bad there is no scripture that says the Lord intends to take anyone other that the 2 Witnesses to heaven. Many scriptures say we must stand firm in our faith through all that must happen. When Jesus does Return, He will our rewards with Him. Matthew 16:27
You're kinda strange...you didn't even address what I said...so I suggest we're done.