Another jesus. Another gospel.

JonHawk

"If you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me."

What does Law and the Prophets mean?
Philip found Nathanael and said to him, “We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote—Jesus of Nazareth

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.
While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard word.

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Messianic Psalms of Jesus Christ​

Psalm 2The Son of God
Psalm 8:2Praised by children
Psalm 8:6Ruler of all
Psalm 16:10Rises from death
Psalm 68:18Ascends to heaven
Psalm 110:4A priest forever
Psalm 118:22 The Chief Cornerstone
Psalm 118:26 Comes in name of the Lord
Psalm 45:6The Eternal King

Last edited:

Common Tater

"If you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me."

Philip found Nathanael and said to him, “We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote—Jesus of Nazareth

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.
While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard word.

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Messianic Psalms of Jesus Christ​

Psalm 2The Son of God
Psalm 8:2Praised by children
Psalm 8:6Ruler of all
Psalm 16:10Rises from death
Psalm 68:18Ascends to heaven
Psalm 110:4A priest forever
Psalm 118:22The Chief Cornerstone
Psalm 118:26Comes in name of the Lord
Psalm 45:6The Eternal King
In other words, the Hebrew Bible. What we call the Old Testament.

JonHawk

The law was our tutor to guide us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith;

In other words, the Hebrew Bible. What we call the Old Testament.
In other words, the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; (For they ate and drank from the same Spirit, Christ)
But some did not partake of the inheritance of faith with those who believed.

Common Tater

The law was our tutor to guide us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith;

In other words, the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; (For they ate and drank from the same Spirit, Christ)
But some did not partake of the inheritance of faith with those who believed.
But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise. Galatians 3:25-29 NASB

John t

One of the most astonishing positions held by many of the anti-Adventists I've talked to is that Jesus broke the Sabbath.
Yeah, I am jumping in HERE, but it is because there are so many false assumptions in the OP, which you assume we who are not SDA folk do not accept. Therein lies the Grand Canyon size gap of logic. This may have been covered in pages 2-8, but I did not read all of them. If that is the case, please inform me.

The first things needed in this discussion are
  1. to establish definitions of terms
  2. to determine the intrinsic nature of the Fourth Commandment
  3. to determine what constitutes a true violation of the 4th Commandment, according to what God originally gave Moses
  4. to determine if the actions of people violate the letter of the spirit of the Law, and if if both "violations" are as absolute as those concerning murder and adultery, ( as examples)
We can discuss them individually, or as a mass.

JonHawk

But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise. Galatians 3:25-29 NASB
Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. 8 Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers; Rom 15

John t

ICY

I am still waiting for your response. Most certainly we have opposing views, but that does not prevent us from discussing those views as rational adults.

BTW having differing views about a SDA subject does not qualify me as one being "anti-SDA people". Instead, it simply means that we have a different perspective on a matter. If you can discuss the matter and not condemn me, and give me messages that you believe that I am going to hell because I do not follow Ellen, then there can be no real, adult-like discussion. Doing that is akin to the third grade recess, and doing that is not wholesome for anyone who is an adult.

What do you say to that proposal?

JonHawk

ICY

I am still waiting for your response. Most certainly we have opposing views, but that does not prevent us from discussing those views as rational adults.

BTW having differing views about a SDA subject does not qualify me as one being "anti-SDA people". Instead, it simply means that we have a different perspective on a matter. If you can discuss the matter and not condemn me, and give me messages that you believe that I am going to hell...
This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: We are created in Christ Jesus.
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4

WUHAN FLU: Made in China, and exported world wide in 2020
Funded by the Fauci ouchie
But that's another can of worms

Last edited:

Buzzard

This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: We are created in Christ Jesus.
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4

Funded by the Fauci ouchie
But that's another can of worms
Jon,
what Paraphrase ie: opinion / interpretation are you quoting from

JonHawk

Jon,
what Paraphrase ie: opinion / interpretation are you quoting from
You know what they say Buz, "All that glitters is not gold"

Fox News' Tucker Carlson raised these issues on May 11, saying:
The guy in charge of responding to COVID turns out to be the
guy who funded COVID.

Buzzard

guy who funded COVID.
ahh yes,
millions invested in Big Pharma,
and low and behold;
guess who had a Vax already in the works

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
speaks

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

guy who funded COVID.
ahh yes,
millions invested in Big Pharma,
and low and behold;
guess who had a Vax already in the works

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
speaks

Jon Hawks:
For the love of money is a root of all evil and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith; 1 Tim 6:10

Last edited:

Buzzard

and by her "Sorceries" all nations have been deceived"
Rev. 18:23

Strongs # 5333
phármakos
or Pharmaceutical
just Modern day witch craft and magical potents
Big Pharma has a pill or everything

SDAchristian

and by her "Sorceries" all nations have been deceived"
Rev. 18:23
Strongs # 5333
phármakos
or Pharmaceutical
just Modern day witch craft and magical potents
Big Pharma has a pill or everything
AV Re 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers{G5333 pharmakos}, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I actually prefer this one.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

OK; what is an example from Moses of Sorceries
and the use there-of
Michael;
Moses;
not EGW nor the Gods of Adventism you so exalt and Bow Too

Buzzard

Well;
Michael;
You as an SDA claim you have the Last day warning to the "EARTH"
so What is John speaking of here

AV Re 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers{G5333 pharmakos}, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

and sorcerers
{G5333 pharmakos},

Mal.4:1
For, behold, the day cometh,
that shall burn as an oven;
and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly,
shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up,
saith the LORD of hosts,
that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

You can find the answer in Genesis

Michael;
You won't find it in EGW nor any of the words of the Gods of Adventism

Remember ye the law of Moses
Moses Michael; Moses
not the many books of the SDA Church

JonHawk

Now each one’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, (1 Cor 3:11-18)
Well;
Michael;
You as an SDA claim you have the Last day warning to the "EARTH"...

Mal.4:1
For, behold, the day cometh,
that shall burn as an oven;
and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly,
shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up,
saith the LORD of hosts,
that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to apply to your eyes so that you may see. Revelation 3:18

Buzzard

They have Moses and the Prophets;
let them hear them

but as the Rich men;
he wanted something else

NO; NO; NOOooooo Lord; Not Moses
and amazingly enough men today are still the same way
anything; anything and or anyone but Moses and the Prophets

JonHawk

For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

We should not test Christ, as some of them did—1 Cor 10

They have Moses and the Prophets;
let them hear them
Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1

NO; NO; NOOooooo Lord; Not Moses
Then Moses said, “Are you zealous for my sake? Oh, that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them!” Num 11:29

but as the Rich men; he wanted something else and amazingly enough men today are still the same way

This Moses said to the children of Israel, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear.’​
38 “This is he who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the Angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, the one who received the living oracles to give to us,​

But they were rich as you alluded. And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt; (Acts 7)

anything; anything and or anyone but Moses and the Prophets
Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are; Heb 3​

Built into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.​

But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,”

8 and,

“A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.”
They stumble because they disobey the word—which is also what they were destined for.
1 Peter 2:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt,
but later destroyed those who did not believe. Jude 1:5

Last edited: