Another parable that prove Calvinism false

Theo1689

Interesting that you think being a Calvinist is something to accuse someone of as if it is some bad thing.
Johnny should have been thrilled that I thought he was a Calvinist since they are the ones who correctly interpret the Bible.

Wow.... The mental gymnastics you go through to try to avoid admitting you're wrong.
It's not a matter of whether the label is "good" or "bad".
It's a matter of whether the label is TRUE or FALSE.

Christians value truth.
So it's sad that you don't.

I hold conservative values, so in the realm of politics I believe that the Republicans have got it right for most of the issues. But even so, if someone labelled Biden as a "Republican", I would correct that person, and call that person to repentance if he refused. It's a matter of HONESTY, seth. I'm not sure what part of that you don't understand.

Carbon

"No one can come to [Jesus]".
That means no one has the ability ("ou dunatai") to "accept" Jesus, unless they are one of theose whom God draws.

Btw, why do you keep using an UNBIBLICAL expression like "accept Jesus"?
The phrase is NOWHERE to be found in the Bible.
Amen brother!

Carbon

Of course you can come to Christ on your own, but God must draw you first so that you know who He is and what He has done.
I agree that God gives the faith necessary to know He exists, but then we must act on what we have been enlightened to.

Is that what you are talking about?
Humanism!
God gave you historical faith so you were able to believe in Jesus? Really

All you had to realize is that Christ exists? With that type of faith you may be able to reason out that He existed, but that’s as far as it will take you.

It amazes me also that you were able to reason out the truth that Jesus existed but you weren’t able to reason out the truth that He came in the flesh, rose again In the flesh and ascended in the flesh.

Sounds more like a “have it your way faith.”

Reformedguy

How is it re;evant? None of the first chosen group chose to come. There is nothing saying they were unable, only unwilling.
Maybe with your sister it could be said she was able, but chose not to come. But she had the ability to come if it was a priotity
How would you know she had the ability?

1Thess521

I clicked on your link and got an endless list of verses. Can you not just simply state your position? I will gladly engage with you
The nature of unregenerate cannot make a choice to accept the invitation:
The nature of the regenerate cannot make a choice to deny the invitation:

Regeneration precedes the choice to accept the God given gift of faith.

1Thess521

Of course you can come to Christ on your own, but God must draw you first so that you know who He is and what He has done.
I agree that God gives the faith necessary to know He exists, but then we must act on what we have been enlightened to.

Is that what you are talking about?
"you can come to Christ on your own, but God must draw you first"
Has an outside influence (that you may not be aware of) altered your free will choice?

Sethproton

"you can come to Christ on your own, but God must draw you first"
Has an outside influence (that you may not be aware of) altered your free will choice?
Your statement is vague. Are you asking if free will was altered or if different choices were available?

Sethproton

Humanism!
God gave you historical faith so you were able to believe in Jesus? Really

All you had to realize is that Christ exists? With that type of faith you may be able to reason out that He existed, but that’s as far as it will take you.

It amazes me also that you were able to reason out the truth that Jesus existed but you weren’t able to reason out the truth that He came in the flesh, rose again In the flesh and ascended in the flesh.

Sounds more like a “have it your way faith.”
What is historical faith. Never heard that phrase. Can you define it and quote the scripture that teaches it?
Also, I did not reason out that Christs exists. I said I knew it by faith. Do you think those two are the same thing?

Carbon

What is historical faith. Never heard that phrase. Can you define it and quote the scripture that teaches it?
Also, I did not reason out that Christs exists. I said I knew it by faith. Do you think those two are the same thing?
Seth, I already explained what historical faith is.

1Thess521

Your statement is vague. Are you asking if free will was altered or if different choices were available?
If your nature were changed, your free will choices would be different
From your view, your choices are from your free will

Last edited:

Theo1689

If you are dependent on God drawing you, then that is NOT "coming to Christ on your own".

For instance, according to you, those who are not drawn CANNOT "come on their own".

Carbon

If you are dependent on God drawing you, then that is NOT "coming to Christ on your own".

For instance, according to you, those who are not drawn CANNOT "come on their own".
Right!
And there is no wriggle room there either.