Another parable that prove Calvinism false

Theo1689

So you ignore the point in favor of criticising my typing?

Context, seth...
Why you try to criticize my understanding of English, and you have spelling errors when you do it. It points out hypocrisy. It means you're in no position to criticize anyone else's English.

T

TomFL

Context, seth...
Why you try to criticize my understanding of English, and you have spelling errors when you do it. It points out hypocrisy. It means you're in no position to criticize anyone else's English.
Seems you are hoisted by your own petard

Sethproton

Context, seth...
So what is the point in addressing someones spelling instead of the point they made?

Sethproton

I guess it's the same as YOUR point in gratuitously trying to attack my English.
Read Prov. 26:5 ... ;)
Yes, after you so many times attacked my spelling, you are right I did it to you too.
You are just like me as a young child, crying to my mother that my brother hit me back.

Last edited:
T

TomFL

Jesus was asked about the future kingdom of God. He responded with a parable.....(Luke 14:15-)

Jesus said, "A man made a great supper and invited many: And sent his servants at supper time to say to them that were invited, 'Come, for all things are now ready......."

To shorten the OP, 'cause you can read and I am sure you have already read it many times,.......... that those initially invited decided not to come, for various reasons.

This ticked off the man hosting the banquet. So he invited others

In conclusion, Jesus said, "For I say unto you, That NONE OF THOSE MEN WHICH WERE INVITED, shall taste of my supper.

Fact: Jesus is teaching about the future marriage supper at the start of the millennial kingdom.

My questions for the Calvinists

If God specifically invites someone to come to the banquet.....do those so invited have the choice/freewill to come or not to come? yes or no?
It seems some of the parables present problems for Calvinism

I.E.

Matthew 13:19-22 (KJV)
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

How does an unregenerate man hear the word and receive it

if regenerate how can he become unfruitful or offended

civic

I wonder what happened to old saint ?

It’s been 4 months since he last checked in at CARM

T

TomFL

Jesus was asked about the future kingdom of God. He responded with a parable.....(Luke 14:15-)

Jesus said, "A man made a great supper and invited many: And sent his servants at supper time to say to them that were invited, 'Come, for all things are now ready......."

To shorten the OP, 'cause you can read and I am sure you have already read it many times,.......... that those initially invited decided not to come, for various reasons.

This ticked off the man hosting the banquet. So he invited others

In conclusion, Jesus said, "For I say unto you, That NONE OF THOSE MEN WHICH WERE INVITED, shall taste of my supper.

Fact: Jesus is teaching about the future marriage supper at the start of the millennial kingdom.

My questions for the Calvinists

If God specifically invites someone to come to the banquet.....do those so invited have the choice/freewill to come or not to come? yes or no?
duplicate

Our Lord's God

It seems some of the parables present problems for Calvinism

I.E.

Matthew 13:19-22 (KJV)
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

How does an unregenerate man hear the word and receive it

if regenerate how can he become unfruitful or offended

All your questions are answered with absurd mental gymnastics and self confusion.

Do you not know how to confuse yourself into believing Calvinism?

Yahweh will increase

For the most part I agree. But because you quoted Acts 13:46 I need to point out the subject is not "everlasting life" but "age lasting life".

The word is aionios and not aidios. The text is speaking about living in the kingdom yet to come........not living in eternity.
It cannot be speaking of another age outside of this one but rather this one itself, for Paul and Barnabas was here speaking of the quality of life in this age.

The idea that there is another age of immortal life on this earth can be easily enough dispelled by what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and also what he says in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 and paired up with what Peter says about the same Day of the Lord in 2 Peter 3:10-12.

Notice, the Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night and Jesus very clearly revealed that this would be when he returns and so this is what both Paul and Peter are speaking of, the same event.

Now then suppose you tell me, how there could possibly be another 1000 literal years of peace and safety in another mortal kingdom over the Jews when the day of the Lord will begin with sudden destruction that those who are not already saved will not escape from as per Paul and how it will end with this present heaven and earth passing away with a great noise?

Where will there be any earth for this supposed extra to this present age Kingdom over mortal Jews when Jesus returns, if this present heaven and earth are destroyed by God's consuming fire and like Peter says the day of the Lord will finish up?

There will be no mortality in the New Heaven and Earth, for this mortal age will have ended with Christ's return, this is therefore just another of many false teaching that the churches are responsible for and just like their false teaching of a pre trib rapture as well.

For the pre trib rapture doctrine can also be totally destroyed and put to rest by Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and then picking back up in the same context at verses 51-58. For there will be no rapture of the church until their enemy of death is first put under the feet of Christ and which will only happened after all other enemies are put under his feet first and just like Paul says.

Slyzr

It cannot be speaking of another age outside of this one but rather this one itself, for Paul and Barnabas was here speaking of the quality of life in this age.

The idea that there is another age of immortal life on this earth can be easily enough dispelled by what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and also what he says in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 and paired up with what Peter says about the same Day of the Lord in 2 Peter 3:10-12.

Notice, the Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night and Jesus very clearly revealed that this would be when he returns and so this is what both Paul and Peter are speaking of, the same event.

Now then suppose you tell me, how there could possibly be another 1000 literal years of peace and safety in another mortal kingdom over the Jews when the day of the Lord will begin with sudden destruction that those who are not already saved will not escape from as per Paul and how it will end with this present heaven and earth passing away with a great noise?

Where will there be any earth for this supposed extra to this present age Kingdom over mortal Jews when Jesus returns, if this present heaven and earth are destroyed by God's consuming fire and like Peter says the day of the Lord will finish up?

There will be no mortality in the New Heaven and Earth, for this mortal age will have ended with Christ's return, this is therefore just another of many false teaching that the churches are responsible for and just like their false teaching of a pre trib rapture as well.

For the pre trib rapture doctrine can also be totally destroyed and put to rest by Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and then picking back up in the same context at verses 51-58. For there will be no rapture of the church until their enemy of death is first put under the feet of Christ and which will only happened after all other enemies are put under his feet first and just like Paul says.

I don't get .....

How many ages do they get.

T

TomFL

I don't get .....

Two over arching ages

Luke 20:34-36 (NIV2011)
34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage.
35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage,
36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Slyzr

Two over arching ages

Luke 20:34-36 (NIV2011)
34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage.
35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage,
36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

So we are born not to live?

Curious .....

T

TomFL

So we are born not to live?

Curious .....
???????????????????????????????????

I have no idea what you are trying to say or how you come to that conclusion from the scripture I quoted.

Please explain.

Slyzr

???????????????????????????????????

I have no idea what you are trying to say or how you come to that conclusion from the scripture I quoted.

Please explain.

Simply put .....

Are we born to never to live?

I realize that is redundant ......

But the scripture you quoted is redundant.

Or at least your possible understanding of such was?

As in how many ages ...... ?

Your response ..... an overriding ...... two ages; over all.

That is why I asked you the question.

Are we born to not live?

Just to convert?

Yahweh will increase

I don't get .....

This age and only this age and when this age is over at the return of Jesus if any aren't saved, then they will perish.

So the Bible does not teach a pre trib rapture or a literal 1000 years extra to this age for another kingdom of God for the Jews, for Jesus has already established the Kingdom and if they reject this one all through this present age, there will be no other Kingdom and no second chance to enter into the one either.

For Jesus already established his Kingdom and the majority of Jews continue to reject it, but at his second coming it will be over and the Kingdom that Jesus has already established will enter into its eternal phase.

T

TomFL

Simply put .....

Are we born to never to live?

I realize that is redundant ......

But the scripture you quoted is redundant.

Or at least your possible understanding of such was?

As in how many ages ...... ?

Your response ..... an overriding ...... two ages; over all.

That is why I asked you the question.

Are we born to not live?

Just to convert?
All "time" is divided up into two ages

This age and the age to come

I think you may be reading into that something which was not stated

but Life in this age is temporal and subject to death

In the ace to come it is not