Answering robycop3

Yodas_Prodigy

How about something like this:

God made humans to show his plan, his commandments, etc. God made Cain's wife. If Cain's wife came from Adam & Eve, then God sent Cain out to sin by laying with his sister. (He is omniscient, after all.)

God would never tempt someone to sin in such a manner. It makes more sense that he created people outside of the future Israeli line (from Adam, through Noah, to Abraham, etc.) When the flood came (unless you want to claim God had no foreknowledge of the flood), God wiped out all but the Israeli line.

All conjecture. Just a thought. Not explicitly told. But then again Cain's wife coming from Adam and Eve isn't either. We are all just guessing on this point.

------

Just wondering: What is the bible to you? Obviously, the Gospel message. But if, IF, big IF, God created other races that would be wiped out in the flood, does your reasoning say that this bible has to explain that, or even mention that? Other than, perhaps, big perhaps, someone like Cain's wife?
Conjecture, just like the gap theory… Humanity is a unique creation… Adam was unique… Scripture is my guide. I interpret unclear passages using clearer passages…

The Bible is God’s love letter and guide to life for His elect. The Bible is the very Word of God that brings life to His people…

Tallen

How about something like this:

God made humans to show his plan, his commandments, etc. God made Cain's wife. If Cain's wife came from Adam & Eve, then God sent Cain out to sin by laying with his sister. (He is omniscient, after all.)

God would never tempt someone to sin in such a manner. It makes more sense that he created people outside of the future Israeli line (from Adam, through Noah, to Abraham, etc.) When the flood came (unless you want to claim God had no foreknowledge of the flood), God wiped out all but the Israeli line.

All conjecture. Just a thought. Not explicitly told. But then again Cain's wife coming from Adam and Eve isn't either. We are all just guessing on this point.

------

Just wondering: What is the bible to you? Obviously, the Gospel message. But if, IF, big IF, God created other races that would be wiped out in the flood, does your reasoning say that this bible has to explain that, or even mention that? Other than, perhaps, big perhaps, someone like Cain's wife?
So did God create these people with a sin nature?

BlessedAnomaly

Conjecture, just like the gap theory…
Absolutely.

Humanity is a unique creation… Adam was unique… Scripture is my guide. I interpret unclear passages using clearer passages…
How were the angels created? When? For a purpose outside of man? How many are there? How many different types of angels are there. If scripture mentions angels, cherubim and seraphim, and these were all it mentions does that mean this is all there are? If there were a billion different types, would you expect scripture to enumerate them even if they have nothing to do with mankind?

The Bible is God’s love letter and guide to life for His elect. The Bible is the very Word of God that brings life to His people…
To this I agree.

But to whether God wrote everything trivial into the book is another matter. Does it matter to mankind and his salvation to know where Cain's wife came from? I don't think so. Especially when they were all killed in the flood.

As my sone would say, she and all the people of Nod were NPC's. (For those who don't get it, it is not really that important.)

Yodas_Prodigy

Does it matter to mankind and his salvation to know where Cain's wife came from? I don't think so. Especially when they were all killed in the flood.

It doesn't matter to salvation where Cain's wife came from. What it does reflect on is the method one uses to get the answer. And if the method is suspect, other aspects of your doctrinal positions become questionable...

BlessedAnomaly

It doesn't matter to salvation where Cain's wife came from. What it does reflect on is the method one uses to get the answer. And if the method is suspect, other aspects of your doctrinal positions become questionable...
There is no method involved. It is pure conjecture. I guess to get to the point to know it is conjecture you would have had to examine scripture. But once determined that it is not covered, conjecture is simply that: conjecture. A guess.