Anti-catholic Discrimination...........

leonard03782

This thread was started but not allowed to continue be use the original poster had exceeded the limit for threads started.

• have u experienced anti-Catholic discrimination in a big way or on a regular basis?​

stjerome5 Nov 4, 2021

I have been on some supposedly "conservative" forums and it seems it happens all the time:​

This does not surprise me at all, that some people actually have the nerve to stand up and tell you that you are wrong for following the rcc.

As soon as I go to the Religion section and speak on being Catholic, I get all kinds of harassment... threads disappear, I am told I have to wait a huge amt of time to post another comment and etc...​

I am willing to say out loud that you probably did not complain very much when the shoe was the other foot.

has this happened to u? Of course it has. Every rc is a victim of bigotry or discrimination whenever a bible believing Christian proclaims a biblical truth that directly contradicts the teachings of the rcc

Do you leave that forum? I have left a few since many there don't seem to ... well, apparently, they don't like Catholics at a lot of these sites. Apparently, you you would rather be lied to rather than being told that you are wrong.

Mike McK

I used to post on Catholic Answers Forum. They were aggressively anti-Christian.

One of their favorite tactics was to ask Christians a question, and then, when the Christian responded in good faith, believing the question was sincere, the moderators would ban them for "proselytizing and promoting doctrines contrary to Catholicism".

romishpopishorganist

This thread was started but not allowed to continue be use the original poster had exceeded the limit for threads started.

• have u experienced anti-Catholic discrimination in a big way or on a regular basis?​

stjerome5 Nov 4, 2021

I have been on some supposedly "conservative" forums and it seems it happens all the time:​

This does not surprise me at all, that some people actually have the nerve to stand up and tell you that you are wrong for following the rcc.

As soon as I go to the Religion section and speak on being Catholic, I get all kinds of harassment... threads disappear, I am told I have to wait a huge amt of time to post another comment and etc...​

I am willing to say out loud that you probably did not complain very much when the shoe was the other foot.

has this happened to u? Of course it has. Every rc is a victim of bigotry or discrimination whenever a bible believing Christian proclaims a biblical truth that directly contradicts the teachings of the rcc

Do you leave that forum? I have left a few since many there don't seem to ... well, apparently, they don't like Catholics at a lot of these sites. Apparently, you you would rather be lied to rather than being told that you are wrong.

This to me only proves the truth of the Catholic Faith.

I have always said--that neither side really likes us much. We probably have more in common with those on the right than those on the left, but that does not mean those on the right like us any better than those on the left.

The left does not like us because we aren't secular enough for them. The right does not like us because we aren't Protestant.

In other words----the world does not recognize us because what we believe and teach isn't of this world.

Theophilos

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matt 5:11-12

romishpopishorganist

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matt 5:11-12
Exactly--which is why you are proving my point.

Persecution authenticates the message of the RCC.

romishpopishorganist

Martin Luther, Peter Waldo, Jan Hus, and John Wycliffe were all Catholics. Does your church's persecution of them authenticate their message? If not, why not? (Or is this a case of special pleading?)
They weren't persecuted for BEING Catholic and holding to the Catholic Faith.

They were tried for heresy. Now, whether they should have been burned at the stake----we can agree that such was not a good idea. At the same time, making a statement like that is easy in a modern culture where Church and state are not intertwined. Heresy was seen as treason--hence--why they took such a strong armed approach in combating heresy.

The point, however, is that Luther, Waldo, Hus and Wycliffe weren't persecuted by the Church; they were tried for heresy.

Do you mean to suggest that God's Church should allow falsehood and untruth to fester unchecked? If so, then, does that mean that I could be a minister in your Church and deny Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide and get away with it?

mica

They weren't persecuted for BEING Catholic and holding to the Catholic Faith.

They were tried for heresy. Now, whether they should have been burned at the stake----we can agree that such was not a good idea. At the same time, making a statement like that is easy in a modern culture where Church and state are not intertwined. Heresy was seen as treason--hence--why they took such a strong armed approach in combating heresy.

The point, however, is that Luther, Waldo, Hus and Wycliffe weren't persecuted by the Church; they were tried for heresy.

Do you mean to suggest that God's Church should allow falsehood and untruth to fester unchecked? If so, then, does that mean that I could be a minister in your Church and deny Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide and get away with it?
who accused them of heresy?

romishpopishorganist

Then persecution authenticates all messages by everyone.

Your statement is absurd.
Really?

So:

Everyone has their sacred objects mocked and or vandalized?

For example: a statue of Mary is put in urine and called fine art. Catholics object and they are told they are too stupid to understand fine art.

An atheist professor asks people to send him hosts so he can put them into a blender and show that the host as no power.

In the North East--I believe it was Connecticut a few years back---the state legislature attempted to pass a law requiring Catholic Churches to essentially be governed as if they were a Protestant Church---relegating the pastor to mere figurehead status.

Those are just two examples. Everyone has this going on? Funny---I have never heard of anyone mocking Protestant communion or Protestant sacred objects.

Howie

Really?

So:

Everyone has their sacred objects mocked and or vandalized?
Straw man ... never said that.
For example: a statue of Mary is put in urine and called fine art. Catholics object and they are told they are too stupid to understand fine art.

An atheist professor asks people to send him hosts so he can put them into a blender and show that the host as no power.

In the North East--I believe it was Connecticut a few years back---the state legislature attempted to pass a law requiring Catholic Churches to essentially be governed as if they were a Protestant Church---relegating the pastor to mere figurehead status.

Those are just two examples. Everyone has this going on? Funny---I have never heard of anyone mocking Protestant communion or Protestant sacred objects.
Non sequitur.

Again, if persecution authenticates your message, persecution authenticates everyone's message.

balshan

This to me only proves the truth of the Catholic Faith.

I have always said--that neither side really likes us much. We probably have more in common with those on the right than those on the left, but that does not mean those on the right like us any better than those on the left.

The left does not like us because we aren't secular enough for them. The right does not like us because we aren't Protestant.

In other words----the world does not recognize us because what we believe and teach isn't of this world.
Oh poor you.

balshan

Exactly--which is why you are proving my point.

Persecution authenticates the message of the RCC.
If persecution authenticates anything then it proves that the RCC isn't on the true message. RCs persecute others and then cry poor me. This is the biggest lot of hypocrisy I have ever heard from one group of people. I think you need to find out what persecution really is? Telling the truth about the RCC is not persecuting it.