Anti crowd hates God not Calvinists

G

guest1

What I really see happening is the anti crowd in reality hates the Sovereignty of God and takes that out on those who believe in the True Sovereign God of the Bible who is in complete control over who gets saved and who does not. Since they like to help God out in the salvation process with their man made faith and take credit for their faith instead of glorifying Him for the gift of faith that God grants.

It’s their pride that causes them to reject God is Sovereign over everything including the desire to seek Him in the first place. There is none who seeks God no not one.

But these same folks oppose God and think they are seeking Him on their own which is the sin of pride and arrogance. There is no humility in them as they take credit for their own faith.

hope this helps !!!

PeanutGallery

What I really see happening is the anti crowd in reality hates the Sovereignty of God ...
Define anti-crowd; I'm not against crowds. I may against Calvinism's definition of Sovereignty of God.

True Sovereign God of the Bible who is in complete control over who gets saved and who does not....
Neither am I against the above statement; the issue is whom is God pleased to save.

1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

JDS

What I really see happening is the anti crowd in reality hates the Sovereignty of God and takes that out on those who believe in the True Sovereign God of the Bible who is in complete control over who gets saved and who does not. Since they like to help God out in the salvation process with their man made faith and take credit for their faith instead of glorifying Him for the gift of faith that God grants.

It’s their pride that causes them to reject God is Sovereign over everything including the desire to seek Him in the first place. There is none who seeks God no not one.

But these same folks oppose God and think they are seeking Him on their own which is the sin of pride and arrogance. There is no humility in them as they take credit for their own faith.

hope this helps !!!
You preach a salvation with the wrong foundation, civic. It will not get you to heaven. No other foundation can any man lay than that which is laid, which is Christ the Lord, God said. What you are saying to us is that you do not believe God, but you do believe Calvin. It is that simple. Election before time is your foundation you tell us.

G

guest1

You preach a salvation with the wrong foundation, civic. It will not get you to heaven. No other foundation can any man lay than that which is laid, which is Christ the Lord, God said. What you are saying to us is that you do not believe God, but you do believe Calvin. It is that simple. Election before time is your foundation you tell us.
You are not Jesus and I know He saved me and I sure don’t need your consent when I have His.

G

guest1

And I don’t place my faith in Calvin mr strawman but Christ alone by faith alone .

And the fact I’m a new creation via the new birth with a changed life with the new man tells me I’m one of His children where I cry out Abba Father.

Theo1689

You preach a salvation with the wrong foundation, civic. It will not get you to heaven.

You sound so sure of yourself.

I believe what I do, because the BIBLE teaches it.
I hope I'm right.
But you (and others here) haven't convinced me that I'm wrong.
You've only convinced me all the more that I'm right.

No other foundation can any man lay than that which is laid, which is Christ the Lord, God said.

And you believe YOU have a perfect understanding of that "foundation", and everyone who disagrees with you doesn't.

Did someone mention, "humility"?

What you are saying to us is that you do not believe God, but you do believe Calvin.

<sigh>

He said no such thing, of course.
And he didn't even MENTION "believ[ing] Calvin".

I wonder what it is about non-Calvinists that makes them feel free to bear false witness against others?

It is that simple. Election before time is your foundation you tell us.

Election is only part of it, of course.

T

TomFL

hope this helps !!!
Just One stereotype after another

Not helpful at all

Oldsaint24

hope this helps !!!
Cannot speak for others.....I hate the deceitful hideous doctrine called Calvinism . I do not hate my deceived brothers/sisters. I tell them the truth.

T

TomFL

But spot on. Is his post like a mirror your looking in?
Only in your imagination

You guys cannot take someone disagreeing with your theology

without claiming they hate God

Not realizing it is the caricature of God your theology creates we object to

Reformedguy

Only in your imagination

You guys cannot take someone disagreeing with your theology

without claiming they hate God

Not realizing it is the caricature of God your theology creates we object to
It's a caricature of your furtile imagination.

Me? Personally I am glad you disagree with my theology because if I agreed with you I might have to shoot myself. If I did agree with you woukd I be a "choice meat"? Lol

Theo1689

Just One stereotype after another

Not helpful at all

I don't think it's a "stereotype" at all.
I think you simply don't want to address the actual issue.

We disagree about the meaning of "sovereign".
We believe it means God has 100% control.
You don't believe God has 100% control.

I think civic is right, and you don't like the idea of God having 100% control and you have zero control.

T

TomFL

It's a caricature of your furtile imagination.

Me? Personally I am glad you disagree with my theology because if I agreed with you I might have to shoot myself. If I did agree with you woukd I be a "choice meat"? Lol
See another third party out of context quote which has no bearing on the issue

But why wouldn't you object to a theology which when God states

Romans 10:21 (NIV2011)
21 But concerning Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”

Matthew 23:37 (NIV2011)
37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Malachi 1:1-2 (NIV2011)
1 A prophecy: The word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.
2 “I have loved you,” says the LORD. “..........................

holds God really did not want them and rejected them before they were born for had he not they would have been saved

Its your determinism which has God saying one thing while doing another

JDS

And I don’t place my faith in Calvin mr strawman but Christ alone by faith alone .

And the fact I’m a new creation via the new birth with a changed life with the new man tells me I’m one of His children where I cry out Abba Father.
What do you talk most about, election or the cross?

Being honest, what good is the cross to the person who is not of the pre chosen.

What message would you rather hear, that you are one of the elect or that Christ died for sinners?

Could you be as excited about Christ and salvation if you found out you had not been chosen?

T

TomFL

I don't think it's a "stereotype" at all.
I think you simply don't want to address the actual issue.

We disagree about the meaning of "sovereign".
We believe it means God has 100% control.
You don't believe God has 100% control.

I think civic is right, and you don't like the idea of God having 100% control and you have zero control.
duplicate see below

Last edited by a moderator: